Tevez - staying or going?

I can't believe that Tevez would have come out with this unless he already had another club lined up. Surely him and his agent wouldn't be as stupid as to call for a transfer... and no one is interested in signing him!

I hope this is the case, and it gets sorted as a matter of urgency, and we can make plans to spend the money.

I wish he would have stayed, but he clearly doesn't have any interest in looking at compromises to still be with his family (they live in Spain and he jets over for a couple of days each week?) and carry on playing for us.

So I wish him well, because he has helped transform us and it would be churlish to say otherwise. Let's leave the bitterness and angst to the rags...

I obviously don't know the man personally but he seems to have a big chip on his shoulder. His timing was once again to the minute as he announced he wanted to leave us within hours of us signing our first player this transfer window. 200 grand a week and he can only find 2 decent restaurants to eat in and if he really did have respect for our owner he'd shut his gob and get stuck in for another season rather than constantly whinge about his lot.

If he does stay then let's hope he gets on with it again like he did after Xmas and doesn't let his longing for home affect his football.

Yes, he must have something lined up and is hoping to force it through I imagine. I presume we are playing hardball over some deal and are not prepared to budge. He thinks that we will now negotiate and lower our demands. The fact that he wants to go can be of no surprise to us considering we were talking to Inter about a swap deal involving Eto`o.

All the talk in the media is about finding a team that can pay 50m and 200k+ wages to match his current deal.
Surely if he is desperate to be with his family he will drop his wages. I dropped 50% of my wages to spend time with my young family and it was the best thing I ever did! But when I consider he is just talking shit and using this as an excuse to make more money, he probably wont!

uncle trautmann said:
All the talk in the media is about finding a team that can pay 50m and 200k+ wages to match his current deal.
Surely if he is desperate to be with his family he will drop his wages. I dropped 50% of my wages to spend time with my young family and it was the best thing I ever did! But when I consider he is just talking shit and using this as an excuse to make more money, he probably wont!
I doubt it is to make more money, but I sincerely doubt he is interested in making less either.

Having had time to reflect of this I really don't see a problem. The player has in effect written a transfer request and seeing as he was signed prior to 1st June 2010 in terms of FFPR he is no longer a liability financially for the club.

Anything we do get for him will now act in our favour. The player himself has always given 100% on the field even after the initial transfer request in Jan so in that respect if no club bids for him and we cannot "ship" him out it does not matter.

The only real decision Bert has to make is whether he lets Tevez train and be with the first team squad.

In terms of the future there are only four possibilities

1) He buys himself out of the contract (unlikely - even though the reasons for leaving are family he still wouldn't want to pay the club most of his assets or those of his adviser.)

2) He is sold. In respect of buying clubs it has been well documented on here the likely destinations either Spain or Italy. In terms of Italy, Inter Milan seem to have ruled themselves out of any bid for him. Tevez has already turned down the opportunity of joining Juventus. Out of the remaining clubs there appears only to be AC Milan. The only deal that I can see would happen there is in relation to Ibrahimovitch, and I am not sure where AC own him outright or whether or not they are obliged to buy the player from Barca. In terms of Spain, Barca don't need him and have identified their targets as Fabregas and Sanchez. In terms of Real Madrid he could go there but whether Real would stump up our asking price is debatable given they are only offering a third of the value we paid for Ade. Would we really let a European rival take a player of Tevez's talent for 15 -20m. There could be some sort of player adjustment but these deals are extremely difficult to organise and I am not sure whether a) any of their players would come to Manchester or b) whether the club want those players. The other teams which may come into play are Athletico and Malaga. Malaga seem to have lots of "oil" money and may be a project Tevez likes and we may realise most of the transfer fee or again in terms of Athletico may be persuaded to exchange for Aguero. But please see comments above relating to such difficulties. Any deal for Aguero may be delayed until end of Copa America with Aguero stating any transfer will be handled by his agents but nothing will happen as far as he is concerned until after that tournament has finished.

3) He is loaned to an Argentinian team in the same way as Robinho, the loan in my opinion would have the same benefits to us under FFPR but whether this is done will depend on the Boca Juniors eg being able to stump up his wages and pay for the loan which could be at least 5m for the year, whether they have the finances for such deal is unknown. The advantage to our club is that we learn to play without him, he is not lurking around the first team and in many respect we have granted him his wish of returning to his homeland early. On the downside it seems to set a precedent that if you are unhappy at city, you can get what you want by being awkward and moody and it almost treats the club as "charity".

4) The club list Tevez on the transfer list as available for sale, we fix a figure for his release, if clubs match the release fee he is then free to join that club subject to his own negotiations, however if no bids are received by the time the window closes he has to honour his contract. Which then brings me back to where I started about whether the club under those circumstances would want him anywhere near the team.

Sorry for the long post, but this is how I see it and I am not ITK when it comes to predicting which way this will end up. IMO we will sell him for a fee that the club deem appropriate and re invest that sum on a player or players who will take our team forward next year. The most positive thing about this is that Vinny should be our Captain next year and in games where we have had Silva, Yaya and NDJ playing even without Tevez we can still win. Losing him is NOT the be all and end all of City far from it and without his greed on the pitch it may be some of the other players might start to blosum more.

Soulboy said:
I can't believe that Tevez would have come out with this unless he already had another club lined up. Surely him and his agent wouldn't be as stupid as to call for a transfer... and no one is interested in signing him!

I hope this is the case, and it gets sorted as a matter of urgency, and we can make plans to spend the money.

I wish he would have stayed, but he clearly doesn't have any interest in looking at compromises to still be with his family (they live in Spain and he jets over for a couple of days each week?) and carry on playing for us.

So I wish him well, because he has helped transform us and it would be churlish to say otherwise. Let's leave the bitterness and angst to the rags...

Any ideas Soulboy?

Mancio says Inter had pre contract signed with him since December but thinks they might be getting cold feet now.

Tevez for Snejider?

I think Tevez for VIlla, might be best option for both clubs. They get younger, we get a non-whiner. And Tevez cant whine at Barca, he would be laughed at for whining at best club in the world.

His family will move to a warmer climate?

Well give it 6 months and global warming should kick in, there's no need to kick up all this fuss for gods sake!

;)

Rammyblues said:
Having had time to reflect of this I really don't see a problem. The player has in effect written a transfer request and seeing as he was signed prior to 1st June 2010 in terms of FFPR he is no longer a liability financially for the club.

Anything we do get for him will now act in our favour. The player himself has always given 100% on the field even after the initial transfer request in Jan so in that respect if no club bids for him and we cannot "ship" him out it does not matter.

The only real decision Bert has to make is whether he lets Tevez train and be with the first team squad.

In terms of the future there are only four possibilities

1) He buys himself out of the contract (unlikely - even though the reasons for leaving are family he still wouldn't want to pay the club most of his assets or those of his adviser.)

2) He is sold. In respect of buying clubs it has been well documented on here the likely destinations either Spain or Italy. In terms of Italy, Inter Milan seem to have ruled themselves out of any bid for him. Tevez has already turned down the opportunity of joining Juventus. Out of the remaining clubs there appears only to be AC Milan. The only deal that I can see would happen there is in relation to Ibrahimovitch, and I am not sure where AC own him outright or whether or not they are obliged to buy the player from Barca. In terms of Spain, Barca don't need him and have identified their targets as Fabregas and Sanchez. In terms of Real Madrid he could go there but whether Real would stump up our asking price is debatable given they are only offering a third of the value we paid for Ade. Would we really let a European rival take a player of Tevez's talent for 15 -20m. There could be some sort of player adjustment but these deals are extremely difficult to organise and I am not sure whether a) any of their players would come to Manchester or b) whether the club want those players. The other teams which may come into play are Athletico and Malaga. Malaga seem to have lots of "oil" money and may be a project Tevez likes and we may realise most of the transfer fee or again in terms of Athletico may be persuaded to exchange for Aguero. But please see comments above relating to such difficulties. Any deal for Aguero may be delayed until end of Copa America with Aguero stating any transfer will be handled by his agents but nothing will happen as far as he is concerned until after that tournament has finished.

3) He is loaned to an Argentinian team in the same way as Robinho, the loan in my opinion would have the same benefits to us under FFPR but whether this is done will depend on the Boca Juniors eg being able to stump up his wages and pay for the loan which could be at least 5m for the year, whether they have the finances for such deal is unknown. The advantage to our club is that we learn to play without him, he is not lurking around the first team and in many respect we have granted him his wish of returning to his homeland early. On the downside it seems to set a precedent that if you are unhappy at city, you can get what you want by being awkward and moody and it almost treats the club as "charity".

4) The club list Tevez on the transfer list as available for sale, we fix a figure for his release, if clubs match the release fee he is then free to join that club subject to his own negotiations, however if no bids are received by the time the window closes he has to honour his contract. Which then brings me back to where I started about whether the club under those circumstances would want him anywhere near the team.

Sorry for the long post, but this is how I see it and I am not ITK when it comes to predicting which way this will end up. IMO we will sell him for a fee that the club deem appropriate and re invest that sum on a player or players who will take our team forward next year. The most positive thing about this is that Vinny should be our Captain next year and in games where we have had Silva, Yaya and NDJ playing even without Tevez we can still win. Losing him is NOT the be all and end all of City far from it and without his greed on the pitch it may be some of the other players might start to blosum more.

Good post.

I think he'll stay and just have to get on with it. I'm sure there's another 19 year old Spanish speaking bird somewhere out there...

I'll be amazed and livid if he's allowed to go on the cheap. And for me anything below £35M is cheap.

Mr Tevez, should in my opinion. Invest some of his multi-millions on the best separation lawyers there is. Engage the services of ex cia private investigators to dig dirty on his wife. find out what she has done (or make it up if she hasn't) complete with pics (pshoped if necessary). complete this, with rent a witness, "iz me iz didz hers backie doors wiz my doggie Belgrano". File for custody get kidz move them to Blighty.

Or would this solve a problem that isnt the real problem ?

Thanks Carlo, we wouldn't be here without you. but ditch thak twaaaaart advising you

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.