Tevez - staying or going?

southern muppet said:
sheikhrattle'n'roll said:
how people can not even mention Giuseppe Rossi as a possible replacement is beyond me!

I don't know much about him so correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't he essentially just had one good season?

91 goals in 225 games can hardly be described as having just one good season. There's a reason why barca were in for this guy earlier in the summer, he's top quality imo! and in signing him, we'd be pissing off both fergie and the twitcher, which for me would be an added bonus! Can't see him costing 40-45 million either.

"Rammyblues"

" Sergio could be here for the next 10 years and become a legend. I preference younger and hungrier players, despite Eto'o probably being the best striker in Europe over the last 5-8."

THIS! Despite Eto's unwavering pace and athleticism Aguero could be with us for a really long time. Also, I think we need a smaller striker if tevez does go, Balo and Dzeko are both big blokes, I think a smaller faster striker would be a great foil for these two and give good variation up front; Aguero, Lavezzi , and Rossi for me in that order.

kompany10 said:
jjeangi said:
blinkblue said:
This for me but with Eto'o and Aguero swapping positions, Sergio could be here for the next 10 years and become a legend. I preference younger and hungrier players, despite Eto'o probably being the best striker in Europe over the last 5-8.
Aguero is good. But Eto'o is just better by far, *currently*

The experience and tutelage Eto'o can bring is another benefit.

Eto'o also doesn't lack hunger. That's for sure. Not sure if his ambitious nature will ever leave him to be honest.

aguero would be a better buy for us than eto, not enough years left in eto im afraid
They way its looking, wouldn't be surprised if Eto'o has another 5 good years tops.

How do we know Aguero won't fuck us off in the future to play for another club he likes?

Also with Eto'o likely comes immediate success. Sure our squad is young, but at the same time we're looking for success today to pave the way for tomorrow.

Frigging gutted he's going.........i don't buy into all this bullsh*t about we are a better team without him etc etc.

Tevez has dragged us out of the sh*t on numerous occasions and was, in my opinion, a spearhead for what we are doing going forward.

I won't be slagging him off - just gutted he's going.

King Carlos - you were a joy to watch - all the best!

simon23 said:
10.Goater_Legend said:
Who would you blues ideally have then as a replacement?.

thats the problem...there isnt an like for like replacement.....what we have at the moment isnt good enough and aguero is the only one that comes close to being similar in style.....when we got tevez we already knew he could handle the premiership.....now there is a huge risk if we bring someone in from any other league that they may find it hard to adapt...which will certainly be the case.

That's the million dollar question, there isn't anybody out there who does what he does week in week out, there is no one with his tenacity and desire to win the ball back and his work ethic, not to mention his goal scoring and finishing ability! Tevez is a one off and although there are similarities between him and Aguero, Tevez is still a better player for me, although he seems one of the only adequate replacements. It's going to take a huge signing to fill the gap that will be left by his departure and I hope whoever comes in can do as well as he did!

91 goals in 225 games can hardly be described as having just one good season. there's a reason why barca were in for this guy earlier in the summer, he's top quality imo! and in signing him, we'd pissing off both fergie and the twitcher, which for me would be an added bonus! Cant see him costing 40-45 million either.
I like Rossi but in my opinion is not as good as Eto'o, Villa, Aguero.

jjeangi said:
91 goals in 225 games can hardly be described as having just one good season. there's a reason why barca were in for this guy earlier in the summer, he's top quality imo! and in signing him, we'd pissing off both fergie and the twitcher, which for me would be an added bonus! Cant see him costing 40-45 million either.

For me Eto'o and Villa are too old for us to be shelling out 30mill + on them, i think its either Rossi or Aguero

jjeangi said:

For me Eto'o and Villa are too old for us to be shelling out 30mill + on them, i think its either Rossi or Aguero
Age wouldn't matter if Eto'o won us the league. He can.

BlueinCumbria said:
Frigging gutted he's going.........i don't buy into all this bullsh*t about we are a better team without him etc etc.

Tevez has dragged us out of the sh*t on numerous occasions and was, in my opinion, a spearhead for what we are doing going forward.

I won't be slagging him off - just gutted he's going.

King Carlos - you were a joy to watch - all the best!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.