Tevez to play an hour tonight

Ok, this is my stance on the subject. 1hr after the Bayern game i was so mad i immediately sold Tevez on fifa12 but after tonights goal am going to buy him back again, always said he was a hero! love him :)

JoeMercer'sWay said:
de niro said:
ManCityX said:
I'm glad de niro trusts mancini now after all the anti mancini threads/posts he's made since he took over. Roberto will be delighted to finally get de niro's seal of approval.

he has no choice but to be delighted, i had to show him the way by pulling him to one side at a supporters meeting and spelling it out to him how the english game is played. luckily he took my advice and he and us have never looked back.
i always liked mancni the man but untill i put him right,as a manager, he'd been fucking clueless.

well done bob.

no need to thank me blues.

don't worry Bill, there's as much chance of that as there is Dismal winning most popular poster of the year.

Well that's funny, because in the 'best poster on bluemoon' poll a few months ago I got lots of votes. And you got none, from memory ;-)

Shall I link it on here or shall we keep the thread on track?

Was there tonight. Reaction to Tevez was mixed as expected, few clapping, couple of boos and a fair few indifferent (I fell into this camp). He looked like he was starting to get back into his stride, looked fairly good on the ball, picked out a couple of good passes had a few decent shots on goal and was working hard. Our equaliser was a typical Tevez goal, running at the defence, passed it out wide and got into the box to slot it home, very well worked. Still looks a week or two away fitness wise (maybe one EDS game playing 90 minutes) so not too far off.

Was disappointed to see so many leaving when he was subbed on 70 minutes, although they missed a lovely goal by Suarez to make it 3-1. Not like they had to beat the traffic!

Celebritykiller said:
Another decent write up here:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfcforum.com/forum/8-blue-den-news/109210-tevez-delights-fans-with-goal-in-first-show-since-going-awol" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfcforum.com/forum/8-blue-d ... going-awol</a>

Even reckons he might make the bench on Sunday...

Thanks for the Link.

Ok where do I start?

I got there just before Tevez came out to warm up and there were a few muted boos followed by more applause which sort of surprised me a little.

The warm up wasn't anything special and Tevez kept himself busy warming up wearing a hat and he looked a little nervous and I can't blame him really because of what's gone on and what's been said.

They went back in after the warm up and the crowd on the side where I was near the tunnel clapped the whole city players in and not just Tevez but he had his head low and quickly went in the tunnel.

The players came out for the match about 5 minutes later and lined up like they do in premier league games by shaking hands whilst Danny (Fanzone Danny) announced the teams by starting with the Bolton team.

He went through the City team from 1 to 11 and by the time he got to number 10 that Tevez was wearing there were a few isolated and mumbled boo's which wasn't surprising really considering but what did surprise me was as soon as the very small boo's pretty much the whole stadium of 1,147 clapped after his name which I'm very happy about (never boo a blue).

The game kicked off slowly really and Bolton had a few chances and our keeper made a couple of decent saves and our general play was ok and it wasn't too long before Tevez stood out a mile apart from everyone else with his touch,vision,power and pace.

There was a few good performances from the City lads like from Roma,Suarez and Wabara in the first half but trust me when I say Tevez looked very very good and there was a concern halfway through the first half when Tevez got clattered from behind but he just got up and shrugged his shoulders and got on with it.

Tevez had a few chances in the first half and was unlucky not to score after a couple of great runs and a couple of decent shots and a free kick that he was unlucky not to score from and Bolton should have taken the lead from the penalty spot but a great save by the big City keeper and it stayed level until the stroke of half time until Bolton took the lead with a decent(ish) finish.

Nobody was expecting Yevez to come out for the second half but he did and it didn't take him long to show his class by spraying balls about,getting stuck in,powerful runs and some neat one-two's with Suarez and it wasn't long after the neat play he scored after creating it himself by having a Tevez like powerful run with a neat pass and then collected it back to slot home from close range.

He deserved his goal and the crowd clapped it like he's never been away which i was pleased to see and hear because you shouldn't boo a blue IMO and he looked even better after his goal and it was like a weight was lifted off his shoulders and he then was the Carlos Tevez we all know and love(d) and he was then pretty much in his groove and a joy to watch.

He went off after 70 minutes but in truth he looked like he could have played on for the full 90 minutes but this suggests to me we will see him on the bench on Sunday - As soon as he went off Reece Wabara scored City's second goal with a close range finish and it wasn't much longer until the impressive Denis Suarez scored his goal to make it 3-1.

My final thoughts on the match regarding Tevez are these....

* He looked like the Tevez we know

* He fought tonight and didn't slack off even in a reserve game

* He is more than ready for a place on the bench

* The crowd on the whole were brilliant and received him well (never boo a blue)

* A standing ovation when he came off recognizing the work he put in and his class

* He clapped everyone before he made his way down the tunnel to show ow much he appreciated the support

Hope the above helps to see things from a Manchester City fans point of view and not what. You might read from a newspapers point of view.

Cheers

halpo123 said:
Didsbury Dave said:
squirtyflower said:
Why be so disparaging of fans who are not so quick to thank him for his endeavours in the blue corner since September 28th? The rest of the players have had to play in four competitons without a squad member and have put us in a good position in two of the them.
Is it any wonder that some feel his contribution to this has been less than spectacular?
I'm disparaging because having spent far too much time on here over the years I've become aware that there are plenty of tools with big mouths and small brains. Empty vessels who make the most noise, if you like. Happy to pour out angry bile about human beings on a forum, probably inadequate mice in real life.

And the current tevez situation is a useful barometer. It's clearly in city's interests for him to do well while he's here.
another usefull barometer would be tools who write a manager off after two minutes or condescending tools but the big give away in my book is if they have the initials DD

no need for this shit.

halpo123 said:
Didsbury Dave said:
squirtyflower said:
Why be so disparaging of fans who are not so quick to thank him for his endeavours in the blue corner since September 28th? The rest of the players have had to play in four competitons without a squad member and have put us in a good position in two of the them.
Is it any wonder that some feel his contribution to this has been less than spectacular?
I'm disparaging because having spent far too much time on here over the years I've become aware that there are plenty of tools with big mouths and small brains. Empty vessels who make the most noise, if you like. Happy to pour out angry bile about human beings on a forum, probably inadequate mice in real life.

And the current tevez situation is a useful barometer. It's clearly in city's interests for him to do well while he's here.
another usefull barometer would be tools who write a manager off after two minutes or condescending tools but the big give away in my book is if they have the initials DD
Is that supposed to be a cutting insult? Pmsl

Sounds like something my nephew would write on his school book.

Didsbury Dave said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
de niro said:
he has no choice but to be delighted, i had to show him the way by pulling him to one side at a supporters meeting and spelling it out to him how the english game is played. luckily he took my advice and he and us have never looked back.
i always liked mancni the man but untill i put him right,as a manager, he'd been fucking clueless.

well done bob.

no need to thank me blues.

don't worry Bill, there's as much chance of that as there is Dismal winning most popular poster of the year.

Well that's funny, because in the 'best poster on bluemoon' poll a few months ago I got lots of votes. And you got none, from memory ;-)

Shall I link it on here or shall we keep the thread on track?

I actually got plenty, and I should know, I was the one who sat there and counted ;P.

de niro said:
halpo123 said:
Didsbury Dave said:

no need for this shit.

The patronising hypocrite asked for it really.

Bluemooner33 said:
Ok, this is my stance on the subject. 1hr after the Bayern game i was so mad i immediately sold Tevez on fifa12 but after tonights goal am going to buy him back again, always said he was a hero! love him :)
Wait, FIFA 12 is an anger barometer? Don't get me wrong I'm happy he scored tonight but one goal for the reserves won't make me forget.

Balti said:
de niro said:
halpo123 said:

no need for this shit.

The patronising hypocrite asked for it really.
Yes, I'm hurting to the core.

Why don't we keep the thread on track before I burst into tears?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.