Tevez to retire

The Fixer said:
Didsbury Dave said:
I've just read it again. Of course he's not retiring.

But it is worrying that he's talking like this when he should be moving towards his peak.

Just a theory:

He started as a kid as someone touted for the top, in his teens he was an international and people raved about him. He's now reaching that peak in terms of age, and it's just not happening for him. He hasn't got what it takes to get to the top: he's been left behind.

And he knows it.

Over-dramatic? I hope so. I really hope so.

Nail on head sir!!

It is not nail on the head in my opinion.

Tevez will end up being a legend at City. He started slowly at West Ham and saved them from relegation. He started slowly at the scum and won two titles and the CL and now he has started slowly with us.

He is a rent a quote, a moodie Argie (like most of them) but will be a legend in the end....

Don't be too quick to judge blues...

deynaskaz said:
RACHACE said:
Does anyone think maybe Hughes needs to sort this shit out?

Tevez
Ireland
Bridge
Adebayor
Richards

All look out of form, then there is Robinho aswell talk of leaving etc etc.

Would they be like this under a quality manager?

5 wins draws 1 defeat quarters of the cup, team been together for 3 months nightmare , hughes is doing a great job loads of managers need to mess around with the team and test the characters out some work some dont ,for fook sake .......Veron Nani , Robbie Keane , Steve daly , Kevin reeves ,Jemba Jemba , berbaflop ,vidic ,pavlachenka , and many many more ,not every signing works out.
What i do know is the football i am watching now is great ,loads of top players and some of the shit that comes with great players i will put up with ,the passing is sublime at times and will get better so lighten up and enjoy the cup is 3 quarter full................

"hughes is doing a great job"
"the football I am watching now is great"

The money spent he should be doing a "great job" however imo he is doing an ok job.
Burnley, Birmingham, fulham (twice), Wolves are game's imo where we have not played this brand of "great" football that you have seen.

WEe are doing ok and that is it

Weary Tevez eyes 2010 retirement

Celebrations in an Argentina shirt have been all too rare for Tevez
Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez says he is tired of too much football and may consider quitting if Argentina win the World Cup next year.

Tevez, 25, moved from Manchester United to City in the summer but has struggled to break into Argentina's first XI.

"It crosses my mind to hang up my boots if we win the World Cup," he said.

"It's complicated, there's my family, the desire to return to Boca Juniors. I'm keen to get a bit of calm. I've won a lot. Football has saturated me."

Tevez began his career in the Boca Juniors youth team in 2001, moved to Corinthians for a season and then headed to England for spells with West Ham and Manchester United, where he won two Premier League titles and the 2008 Champions League.

He joined Manchester City in July and is contracted to stay at Eastlands until 2014.

"I'm a little tired of so much football, so much football...I want to enjoy my family a bit," said the talismanic forward, who was speaking to Argentine newspaper Ole ahead of the weekend friendly with Spain in Madrid.

Although Argentina eventually scraped through the World Cup qualification process, Tevez has struggled to cement his place in the starting line-up under the guidance of boss Diego Maradona.

606: DEBATE
What do you make of Tevez's comments about football?

goodasfidem
But after admitting he had so far under-performed for his country, he expressed his desire to make his mark on the South African stage next summer.

"Nobody likes to be a substitute," Tevez added. "It doesn't worry me to sit on the bench and I will support my team-mates.

"I'm not going to sit with my arms folded and watch the World Cup pass by. No, I want to play, I want to enjoy it, I want to be there and I'm going to try 10 times harder than before.

"I'm determined to turn this situation around. At the World Cup they are going to see the best Carlitos Tevez."

In 51 internationals, Tevez has scored eight goals but has hit the net just once for City this season.

Argentina secured their spot at the 2010 World Cup after a late Mario Bolatti goal in a nervous 1-0 win in Uruguay last month.

From the beeb

smithy167 said:
Didsbury Dave said:
No they weren't. Speak for yourself.
Didsbury Dave, you aint happy with robinho going off your past posts about the guy, and this looks like your not happy about tevez playing for us, why is that?

Smithy, I've posted lots about both, and I've been consistent about both these points:

I think Robinho is going, if not January then summer. I'd be disapppointed to see him go but not heartbroken. He's world class with the ball at his feet but the way he plays doesn't suit us or the premier league. He puts his foot on the ball when he recieves it and draws players to him. That's perfect for Brazil, and possibly for Barca, but when the football is played at the tempo of the premier league it can be a problem. He does slow the momentum of our moves down, so the likes of SWP and Ireland, with their runs, get picked up whilst he's in posession. And he does lose us posession a lot, which puts the fullbacks under pressure. This is why, I believe, Bridge looked exposed at times last year.

I think he's class when the game is at his tempo, and I'd be delighted to see him stay, especially as he may be different with more experience and better players around him. But if he leaves and is repalced by someone like Ribery, it won't be the end of the world. It might actually improve us.

Tevez, I've posted about him since we signed him. Lots of energy, wins the ball in the opposition half, quite a good passer sometimes. But ultimately I think he's a real problem for us. His best position is as a deep lying support striker in a 4-4-2 and that does not suit our players. IReland needs to play in a 4-3-3. So does Bellamy. Adebayor needs a striker closer to him.

I think Tevez is short of pace, gets knocked of the ball and is a poor finisher. And I don't think he should be in the team right now. I think his limitations mean that we have to build a team around him, and that freezes out too many of our good players.

Does that answer your question?

If we managed to get some money back wouldnt be that bad of a deal imo.

Get Vassel back for free. Send tevez on his way home. Tevez isnt that good, about as effective as vassel, at least he can play multiple positions.

The Fixer said:
Didsbury Dave said:
I've just read it again. Of course he's not retiring.

But it is worrying that he's talking like this when he should be moving towards his peak.

Just a theory:

He started as a kid as someone touted for the top, in his teens he was an international and people raved about him. He's now reaching that peak in terms of age, and it's just not happening for him. He hasn't got what it takes to get to the top: he's been left behind.

And he knows it.

Over-dramatic? I hope so. I really hope so.

Nail on head sir!!
This is funny on so many levels.

RACHACE said:
Didsbury Dave said:
No they weren't. Speak for yourself.

Yes they were, he was the marquee signing we were all waiting for. Especially considering he played for the scum.

Where were you in August?

Mate, I was here in august, when all the clowns were running getting their Tevez shirts done and wanking over that stupid poster, and I was saying the same thing.

Me and another poster (Damocles if I remember correctly) were getting shit from all the people who hate United more than they love City for questioning the lad's ability.

Didsbury Dave said:
RACHACE said:
Yes they were, he was the marquee signing we were all waiting for. Especially considering he played for the scum.

Mate, I was here in august, when all the clowns were running getting their Tevez shirts done and wanking over that stupid poster, and I was saying the same thing.

Me and another poster (Damocles if I remember correctly) were getting shit from all the people who hate United more than they love City for questioning the lad's ability.
How can you question the guys ability? We are signing players like Robinho and Tevez and some people just need to moan like fuck and to be honest just fuck off please iv waited years for this.

I don't no why but i keep thinking of the steve coppell fiasco when he did is short stint as a manager, needs his head sorting like some have mentioned he does not seem to happy , whether that is argentina or city i don't know but the tabloids are going to love this .

Didsbury Dave said:
RACHACE said:

Maybe you did and if so then fair enough, good shout. However you would have been in the minority as every city fan I spoke too were of the opinion that he is exactly the type of player we want, tenacious, passionate, plays with a smile on his face, brings others into play, creates etc etc etc etc.

All I am saying as this was all on display at the swamp but it does not seem to be on display in the same way here. I don't give a shit about the Argies world cup and neither does Hughes I pressume, therefore its his job to get his unique star players playing for the shirt and winning us games that at the moment we keep drawing.

Hughes wanted him, so Hughes has got to get him playing or someone else will.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.