Tevez to retire

smithy167 said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Mate, I was here in august, when all the clowns were running getting their Tevez shirts done and wanking over that stupid poster, and I was saying the same thing.

Me and another poster (Damocles if I remember correctly) were getting shit from all the people who hate United more than they love City for questioning the lad's ability.
How can you question the guys ability? We are signing players like Robinho and Tevez and some people just need to moan like fuck and to be honest just fuck off please iv waited years for this.

Tevez is a name, Nothing more he has the ability of someone like Andy Johnson. He's hardly been a great goalscorer in the last few years. 18 he got a united purely because he was surrounded by players like Ronaldo and Rooney. i know the saying 'but it annoys the rags' comes into question but is it really worth it even if from the looks of it, they have got the better half of the deal.

SupermansGran said:
smithy167 said:
How can you question the guys ability? We are signing players like Robinho and Tevez and some people just need to moan like fuck and to be honest just fuck off please iv waited years for this.

Tevez is a name, Nothing more he has the ability of someone like Andy Johnson. He's hardly been a great goalscorer in the last few years. 18 he got a united purely because he was surrounded by players like Ronaldo and Rooney. i know the saying 'but it annoys the rags' comes into question but is it really worth it even if from the looks of it, they have got the better half of the deal.

what do you mean "they have got the better half of the deal"??

SupermansGran said:
smithy167 said:

Tevez is a top player, should we sell him and sign Andy Johnson? stop talking shit fuckin joker.

DTeacher said:
Guys, Guys, calm down FFS!

Before you continue with the character assassination, consider the following for a moment:

Tevez wears his heart on his sleeve - he is a bit down currently and I believe most of it stems from the fact that he is not an automatic starter for Argentina BUT ALSO, perhaps even MORE so, the fact that Argentina are so poor under the 'stewardship' of Maradona.

His start at City may not have been a bed of roses but he is still a top class player and should prove his worth over the remainder of the season. I, for one, think he will click with Robinho and Ireland and am looking forward to some great moves and passing between the three of them and our other players, like Ade.

Give the guy a break, huh?

Can't be bothered reading all the threads but he can pack his bags for me. Since we tried to accommodate him we've been less effective. Hope he either gets sorted or goes quickly. Bellamy and SWP are far better options IMO.

I think he's class when the game is at his tempo, and I'd be delighted to see him stay, especially as he may be different with more experience and better players around him. But if he leaves and is repalced by someone like Ribery, it won't be the end of the world. It might actually improve us.

Tevez, I've posted about him since we signed him. Lots of energy, wins the ball in the opposition half, quite a good passer sometimes. But ultimately I think he's a real problem for us. His best position is as a deep lying support striker in a 4-4-2 and that does not suit our players. IReland needs to play in a 4-3-3. So does Bellamy. Adebayor needs a striker closer to him.

I think Tevez is short of pace, gets knocked of the ball and is a poor finisher. And I don't think he should be in the team right now. I think his limitations mean that we have to build a team around him, and that freezes out too many of our good players.

Does that answer your question?[/quote]
No, your talking shite how can you slate robinho and tevez in the next breath wank over ribery, your playing football manager, you need a reality check, how long you been a city fan?

Smithy, Dave is a big blue fella but I empathise with your frustration, especially the way some others talk about him. Robby is a player I always dreamt of us having, now we do its time to enjoy it, wait for when he returns and fuks over the opposition, tracks back, wins the odd tackle but most importantly displays ability that is the envy of all other teams fans... I love him, you love him, some others see him as a big time charlie, fuk it if he is... he's worth it!!

hgblue said:
DTeacher said:
Guys, Guys, calm down FFS!

Before you continue with the character assassination, consider the following for a moment:

Tevez wears his heart on his sleeve - he is a bit down currently and I believe most of it stems from the fact that he is not an automatic starter for Argentina BUT ALSO, perhaps even MORE so, the fact that Argentina are so poor under the 'stewardship' of Maradona.

His start at City may not have been a bed of roses but he is still a top class player and should prove his worth over the remainder of the season. I, for one, think he will click with Robinho and Ireland and am looking forward to some great moves and passing between the three of them and our other players, like Ade.

Give the guy a break, huh?

Spot on mate.

I'd second that.

To be brutally honest, he has been shite for us so far. Lescott gets alot of stick, and rightly so, because hes just dire, but is it right that tevez escapes criticism free just because he runs alot and hes not making defensive howlers. Hes missed countless chances in games, where in the past samaras got 40,000 moans and loads of abuse, we know hes not a natural goalscorer but you pay the money and you expect some goals... Yes hes better than samaras and corradi et al, but has he been anywhere near the same level of a 13 million pound nicolas anelka? Not a world class player for me.

If we'd have got Tevez on loan with an option to buy in January I'd not buy him. His attributes don't compliment Adebayor's style of play at all and his finishing is scatter gun at best. We were hell bent on getting big names into the club instead of chosing players carefully for their attributes. We have four strikers who all like to play off another striker or drift wide, only Santa Cruz fits the bill as an out and out target man. Hughes bought these players knowing he was going to play 4-4-2, why?
4-4-2 suits Petrov & SWP but not nearly £100m worth of forwards that are currently all out of sorts.........wonder why?
It seems the best signing we will make this season goes by the name of Prozac as playing for City seems to be too much to bear.
Thank god for Petrov, Bellamy and SWP for having the stomach for a fight as without them our season would look very very different. The ostriches may burry their heads in the sand but the reality is the project has stalled. City will get where they want to be but not this season and not with Tevez or Robinho.

Neil McNab said:
If we'd have got Tevez on loan with an option to buy in January I'd not buy him. His attributes don't compliment Adebayor's style of play at all and his finishing is scatter gun at best. We were hell bent on getting big names into the club instead of chosing players carefully for their attributes. We have four strikers who all like to play off another striker or drift wide, only Santa Cruz fits the bill as an out and out target man. Hughes bought these players knowing he was going to play 4-4-2, why?
4-4-2 suits Petrov & SWP but not nearly £100m worth of forwards that are currently all out of sorts.........wonder why?
It seems the best signing we will make this season goes by the name of Prozac as playing for City seems to be too much to bear.
Thank god for Petrov, Bellamy and SWP for having the stomach for a fight as without them our season would look very very different. The ostriches may burry their heads in the sand but the reality is the project has stalled. City will get where they want to be but not this season and not with Tevez or Robinho.
Sounds like you know what you're talking about, next city manager maybe?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.