Tevez to return (Merged)

There are some decisions made at management level, some made at board level, some made at owner level.

I would be very surprised if the decision to accept Tevez back was not taken at owner level, or at least had been sanctioned at owner level. There are even some decisions which are taken not just at owner level but with the consultation of Sheikh Mansour's wider family - I think the project to spend a shitload of cash regenerating part of east manchest is probably the sort of thing that even sheikh Mansour will have discussed with his family. Any decision to take Tevez back into the fold may have repercussions for how Abu dhabi is perceived - I would not find it surprising to learn that sheikh Mansour had at least canvassed views in his wider family.

I suspect that if given the choice, RM would have sooner stuck pins in his own eyes than accept Tevez back. However, he has to live with decisions made higher up the tree, and I suspect that however grudgingly he respects that decision. I do wonder if having Tevez imposed on him has contributed to the unease that has been picked up on in threads querying RM's future beyond the summer.

For my part, I'm not so desperate for the title that we take Tevez back at any cost. We have IMO got the entire Tevez situation exactly right, and if we take him back on our terms and the owners are happy with that, I would grudgingly live with it, but it is not the decision I would have taken if the club belonged to me.

There is one thing, though. Tevez saw fit to go on national tv in Argentina to give his side of the story. He owes me, and every other city fan, an apology. We dream of playing in that famous old shirt, but the last time Tevez was chosen he refused. I am not interested in statements prepared by advisers put out in Tevez' name but with no basis in fact. If he can be interviewed in Argentina, he can be interviewed here, and can apologise then. If he is sincere, we will see it. If the apology is manufactured, and not genuine, someone like mike wedderburn would have it out of him.

CityCTID said:
oakiecokie said:
CityCTID said:
Sorry but mouthing off about the manager, questioning his substitutions, refusing to (warm up) play and disclosing what went on in the dugout and dressing room, it's absolutely unacceptable, any strong manger would not have him back in the clubs shirt, sign of weakness or desperation I'm afraid.

Thank you Raggy.
No other true City fan would slag off our Manager as he`s done everything by the book.
Raggy???

Yep !! Its half term and you`ve fuck all to do,so you thought you`d come on here WUMMING.
It aint worked mate.Now just get back to Trafford.

r.soleofsalford said:
svennis pennis said:
r.soleofsalford said:
of the 3 stiker who have got us 2 points clear of our nearest rivals, who would you drop to accomodate tevez and you think that would be good for moral

Dzeko. Tevez fits our system, can create a goal out of nothing and more importantly can control a football.

you must have tremendous belief in a player that hasnt played for months and could still cause us more shit like he did in bayern, and will still want a move in summer.

and what kind of message does this send out to the player that decided to keep to contract and not act like a first class twat

Strangely, I actually do believe in him. Last time he acted the **** he banged in goal after goal. I hope he has the same reaction again.

corky1970 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
I have backed the idea of Tevez making a return, in terms of the possible positive impact he could make to push us over the top.

The manager and the owners must be backed and trusted to make the decision in the best interests of the club.

However, having seen what Tevez has come out with, it has quickly reminded me we are not dealing with a full deck here.

The interview was as self-centered and ego-driven as ever, to the point of delusion about what he believes he still means to us.

Clear digs at the integrity of club, snide digs at players and staff. He still sees himself as the most important aspect in the whole situation.

The references to United, nothing more than childish agitation.

For all of the above, I now consider myself out.

Fuck the title if it comes down to it, simply, the lads will have done their absolute best and been done by an even more monumental effort.

We are not going away. We will not go quietly into the night.

My proudest moment this season came in defeat, when the lads battled back against United.

Keep making me proud.

Youve been watching Independance Day havent you Tolmie !!

(by the way i was banned for giving you shit a month ago, trust me it was a typical Vodka moment and being the piss can i am i have looked back and am sorry for what i said........i was a cock.again .sorry.)

Highly commendable apology. Nice to see.

Chris in London said:
RM would have sooner stuck pins in his own eyes than accept Tevez back.
False. Mancini extended an olive branch of apology very shortly after the Munich incident.

Chris in London said:
There are some decisions made at management level, some made at board level, some made at owner level.

I would be very surprised if the decision to accept Tevez back was not taken at owner level, or at least had been sanctioned at owner level. There are even some decisions which are taken not just at owner level but with the consultation of Sheikh Mansour's wider family - I think the project to spend a shitload of cash regenerating part of east manchest is probably the sort of thing that even sheikh Mansour will have discussed with his family. Any decision to take Tevez back into the fold may have repercussions for how Abu dhabi is perceived - I would not find it surprising to learn that sheikh Mansour had at least canvassed views in his wider family.

I suspect that if given the choice, RM would have sooner stuck pins in his own eyes than accept Tevez back. However, he has to live with decisions made higher up the tree, and I suspect that however grudgingly he respects that decision. I do wonder if having Tevez imposed on him has contributed to the unease that has been picked up on in threads querying RM's future beyond the summer.

For my part, I'm not so desperate for the title that we take Tevez back at any cost. We have IMO got the entire Tevez situation exactly right, and if we take him back on our terms and the owners are happy with that, I would grudgingly live with it, but it is not the decision I would have taken if the club belonged to me.

There is one thing, though. Tevez saw fit to go on national tv in Argentina to give his side of the story. He owes me, and every other city fan, an apology. We dream of playing in that famous old shirt, but the last time Tevez was chosen he refused. I am not interested in statements prepared by advisers put out in Tevez' name but with no basis in fact. If he can be interviewed in Argentina, he can be interviewed here, and can apologise then. If he is sincere, we will see it. If the apology is manufactured, and not genuine, someone like mike wedderburn would have it out of him.

I agree with most of that, although I believe our owner has every right to bang Tevez and Mancini's heads together and insist that they work together for the greater good or do one. I expect to see an apology from Tevez to the fans, and maybe to the club in general and teammates in particular. I don't expect to see one to Mancini.

I'm going to be extremely dissappointed if the little kettlenecked bastard comes anywhere near our club.

Like Tolmie said, we should be proud of the lads who have stuck around and done the spade-work, and not someone who comes in and out whenever he feels like just because he's lost a few bob.

This could be a new Rodney Marsh moment for the club, and I sincerely hope the hierachy serious consider their actions, and where or not he actually plays for us this season, or ever again

So the penny has finally dropped. If he wants to move club and not remain in self imposed exile for the next two years, he has to come back and prove to potential suitors that he is worth City's asking price.

Tevez couldn't care less about the club anymore.

Would you trust him to play in a must win game?

corky1970 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
I have backed the idea of Tevez making a return, in terms of the possible positive impact he could make to push us over the top.

The manager and the owners must be backed and trusted to make the decision in the best interests of the club.

However, having seen what Tevez has come out with, it has quickly reminded me we are not dealing with a full deck here.

The interview was as self-centered and ego-driven as ever, to the point of delusion about what he believes he still means to us.

Clear digs at the integrity of club, snide digs at players and staff. He still sees himself as the most important aspect in the whole situation.

The references to United, nothing more than childish agitation.

For all of the above, I now consider myself out.

Fuck the title if it comes down to it, simply, the lads will have done their absolute best and been done by an even more monumental effort.

We are not going away. We will not go quietly into the night.

My proudest moment this season came in defeat, when the lads battled back against United.

Keep making me proud.

Youve been watching Independance Day havent you Tolmie !!

(by the way i was banned for giving you shit a month ago, trust me it was a typical Vodka moment and being the piss can i am i have looked back and am sorry for what i said........i was a cock.again .sorry.)

Banned? I appreciate the apology!

Today can be our Independence Day!

Jumanji said:
Chris in London said:
RM would have sooner stuck pins in his own eyes than accept Tevez back.
False. Mancini extended an olive branch of apology very shortly after the Munich incident.

Which Tevez snapped in half.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.