Tevez to return (Merged)

Re: City and Tevez nearing a compromise for his return (Mirror)

He broke our hearts but IMO he is still one of the five greatest players ever to pull the city shirt on.

I would take him over dezko though....Sorry is a hard word to say when you can see the damage that has been done ....but if it ment us winning th league ....
Andouble said:
still wouldn't get in the team ahead of Aguero or Mario.

Marvin said:
100%blue said:
Won't boo him.
Won't cheer him.
Wont' trust him.
1) He has to return
2) He has to train hard
3) He would inevitably have to settle for a place on the bench at first

Go through that and he'd make a start on rehabilitating himself. And we'd be a stronger squad.

Best he can hope for is a start in Europe, and a few sub appearances as it would take 6 weeks to get back to full fitness

Is he in the UEFA squad? I thought he wasn't...

We have to bring him back to get him fit and show we are not trying to force him out of the club for legal reasons, let the fucker run around a bit for his money, bring him on as a sub after a game as been won or in the euros and then come summer he will be sold which is what he and the club want.

This has nothing to do with wanting him back, the players who have got us into this situation desesrve to see it through, anyone who thinks tevez should or will play any significant part in the rest of the season need to actually think how this will affect the other players and Mancini's standing within the squad

Mike N said:
Sad really. In almost 40 years of watching the blues Tevez is in my top 5 all time greats.

I think im ready to see him wear the blue shirt again.

The above. Hate is a waste of energy. If Mancini wants him back and is prepared to forgive and foregt, then that is good enough for me!

Soulboy said:
Marvin said:
100%blue said:
Won't boo him.
Won't cheer him.
Wont' trust him.
1) He has to return
2) He has to train hard
3) He would inevitably have to settle for a place on the bench at first

Go through that and he'd make a start on rehabilitating himself. And we'd be a stronger squad.

Best he can hope for is a start in Europe, and a few sub appearances as it would take 6 weeks to get back to full fitness

Is he in the UEFA squad? I thought he wasn't...

He isn't.

Absolute Disgrace

Never been the most prolific poster on here but I feel that strongly about the latest Tevez saga,that I feel I have to respond to the media news that he may yet get another chance at City.In my view it's a absolute disgrace to even consider bringing him back to the club.He has totally disrespected the club the players and the fans.I really think that bringing him back could send team moral to rock bottom,and to be honest I don't think we need him anyway.
Can't imagine the affect it could have on Balotelli and Dzeko if he was prefered to them in attack.If the media and the club are correct they tried to accomadate him the best they could and all he has done is thrown it back in there face.And I will never accept any reason for him to be in a City shirt again.

some of you havent got a clue about how to be a successful football club, its actually quite pathetic really

I feel his return, even to the squad would risk damage to our season....we are on verge of a title and this squad has put us there. What does it say to them if tevez allowed back in? The squad is just getting it togther as a team rather than individuals...IF Tevez does return then there is a real risk it will derail our title hopes and let the scum in....

It can work both ways...but why risk it from our current position....especially with yaya and mario back soon....we have had our dip and are in a great position to push on the rest of the season....why should we take a risk and bring tevez back?

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Unknowingly divorced you from them, only because I read the posts, not the poster, the length of thread.

You are entitled to your stance, as are others.

But winning is now everything for me when it comes to City. Would you take a fraudulent penalty with the final kick of the season, to attain the title?

35 years of seeing nothing does that to a man. This club does enough wonderful things off it, to perfectly balance the scale for me against Tevez.

There are scores of clubs who take the moral high ground for no other reason than they know deep down, they have no chance of being relevant in the grander scheme of things.

City fans, including myself, made an art form of this for three decades.

Back the manager and owners, that's all we need to do.
Strange thing to do. I like getting to know people around here. Still, each to their own.

As we all are.

If I've got robotic control of a player I'd make sure they didn't dive to win it, yes. Bad refereeing decision wouldn't bother me, as that's just luck evening itself out.

I grew up in the worst of the shite. I expect and want for nothing which means I can appreciate more when it does come. I prefer being me. Some people here are tragically as miserable and on edge as they ever were. Sad.

Not us. We can shape our own destiny like perhaps no other club in history. We're in full control. Let's be more positive.

Not me. I never felt sorry for myself as a City fan. I always wore out shirt proudly and I felt then as I do now that we're better than rags. This is not the feeling of years of pent up frustration at them being better. I genuinely would not swap places with them. The most important thing for me has always been being a City fan. Having that sense of identity, dare I say soul. It's formed me as a person. I am more resilient having had to stick it as a minority (being from outside Manchester). I am unafraid to take a minority position and hold my head up. I consider it to have formed my impish sense of humour as well. As fans that is our identity. We are loyal and we make the best of things. Try to keep a sense of humour. That to me, is worth a thousand times more than "MCFC 2011/12 WINNERS".

Fortunately, I can do as they do not seem to me to be some sort of schism with the past. I think the management and owners appreciate what we are. We are different, we are not like them, we don't need to be, and I don't think most of us want to be. We're blues.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.