Tevez to return (Merged)

Re: City and Tevez nearing a compromise for his return (Mirror)

I don't know if it's been said already because I have not read the whole thread but Tevez would only come back for three reasons.

1. He would want all financial penalties dropped. I cannot see him putting much into a club who he owes big bucks to.

2. To get fit for the next transfer window because he was worthless to any club in January, it would take the best part of six to eight weeks for him to get match fit again.

3. If he does it with us, he can achieve both points above and be fit for the last few games of the season. Possibly leaving the team that has won the Premiership claiming he has done is all and we couldn't have done it without him with pricetag at the max owing us fuck all.

Damocles said:
I suppose it does come down to idealism versus pragmatism, and there are good points on both sides.

I am only seeing the negatives of the Tevez situation partially because I don't think we need him and he wouldn't be half the player we want him to be if he came back. We are risking everything to bring back a player who is more than likely to half arse the rest of the season, and isn't as good as the guy we currently have starting.

It seems like a poor decision from most angles to me.
think that about sums it up really,it could be a double edged sword,he scores goals and helps us win the league,or he could disrupt a team and be half arsed as you say for the remainder of games and we fail to win the league,imo i dont want him back,but if the club and mancini go with it so be it...

Damocles said:
OB1 said:
People keep talking about morals as if letting Tevez would play for City would be immoral!

Someone explain to me which recognised moral code would be infringed if Tevez was allowed to play for City again?

Did you miss the three posts where this has been explained in the last two pages?
Some people may have read that and not agreed that it would be immoral to play him if the managers deems any apology satisfactory.

What difference does it make if he's doing this for himself. That is ultimately what both parties what to come out of this: Tevez scores goals = Helps win Premier League. Tevez scores goals = We get improved offers from European clubs at the end of the season. Don't see what the major issue is.

I think this whole Suarez saga has probably changed my opinion on this one. If Liverpool are willing to allow a racist scumbag like Suarez to play for their club what's so bad about letting Carlos back on the condition that he apologies?

Damocles said:
OB1 said:
People keep talking about morals as if letting Tevez would play for City would be immoral!

Someone explain to me which recognised moral code would be infringed if Tevez was allowed to play for City again?

Did you miss the three posts where this has been explained in the last two pages?

Did you read my very short post carefully? I said recognised moral code, you know, like: the Noble Eightfold Path of Buddhism or the Ten Commandments of Judaism and Christianity.

City and Tevez nearing a compromise for his return (Mirror)

Maybe he's got a big gas bill that needs sorting.

I would not allow Tevez to come anywhere near the team period!!!!, to much is at stake now with only 14 games left of the season, I read the Mirror article and they must know something that all of us don't know [ bugger all ], these games coming up are to important to have the likes of Tevez just going through the motions on the park, the Mirror article didnt say a great deal, no names of who's doing the negotiating ect, so until I see anything on the Club website, I'm just taking it as the usual media garbage..................

fuck it i was completely against him coming back but we need that league title so fuck it, welcome back carlos, just get the fucking job done.

All the fines should stand
Estate agents need not be too excited with a £7.5m house in the offing
Restaurants need to offer free food to tevez as he has been restricted to two restaurants in the past.
The weather needs to improve as carlos hates the Manchester weather
Manchester needs to hold a festival to make poor Carlos feel at home.

City need to be firm one step out of line and he's training with the eds at Hyde united.
For a man who was brought up in poverty he has forgotten what a lucky sod he is to have his talent.

City should send him to the orphanages and hospices so he can count his blessings

I will not be appealing or booing him he should get stony silence

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.