Tevez to return (Merged)

Re: City and Tevez nearing a compromise for his return (Mirror)

ello_jo said:
Ive said this time and time again, I couldnt give a shit how this sitaution makes our club look. Recent events have shown no one cares about us so fuck them, let them think what they want and if we win the title come may we will celebrate it ourselves.

i couldnt give a shit what others think of our club either, i do care what i think of it though and thats the difference

welsh_andy said:
remember this from bobby in sept:
Asked if he will ever pick Tevez again, he replied: "No. If we want to improve like a team, like a squad, Carlos cannot play with us. With me, no – it is finished.

which all managers/pundits aliked backed him, dont he look daft now welcoming him back, because of the slight wobble his bobbys tone has mellowed, saying if he says sorry etc etc,

im sorry but i cant accept that from bobby, im my eyes makes him look weak and we all know hes far from weak
but im a blue so have to get on with it if it happens
But you're forgetting the olive branch that Mancini offered him THREE WEEKS after Munich. It's not just because of the sticky patch we're currently experiencing why Mancini has changed his tune.

What would make Mancini look weak was if he dug his heels in to the detriment of our pursuit of the title. In my mind Mancini looks incredibly strong for putting his obvious dislike for Tevez to one side for the greater cause of the club. Digging in your heels in a situation like this when Tevez could make the difference between success or failure, now that's what I call weak and childish.

Damocles said:
SWP's back said:
I don't see how Tevez apologising and being allowed back would be classed as moral corruption from the club.

I think I've already explained this.

Because City made it a bigger issue. They said that he would never play again, that we wouldn't put up with childish players who had no interest in the project at City or the fans that go with it.

We turned it from "player goes AWOL" into "City take a stand against prima-donna players". Abandoning that stance now because we're close to a title is hypocritical.

Tevez should never be allowed to play for City again. I say this not because I'm particularly annoyed by Tevez, but because we made it "a thing" and would look like ultra nervous plebs whose words have no substance. I don't think this is the message that I want to build us upon.

Don't forget, due to the takeover we're currently in that phase where everything that we do is magnified a thousand times over and will be remembered long past where it should be
We have made a stand though, he hasn't been able to run off where he wants (in terms of another club) and he is having to come back with his tail between his legs £9.3M worse off. I'd say we have more than made a statement.

We are also pilloried whatever we do nowadays so I only want what our Club deems best for our Club and I couldn't give two hoots how some outside the club decide to view it. As I said before, we won't have broken any rules in bringing him back (if that's what Mancini decides) and I won't have any problem it, even though in a perfect world, we'd have already sold him and brought in Cavani or someone similar.

I’m proud of City for making their stance against Tevez and the way he conducts himself is disgraceful but to see us win a league title was once beyond my wildest dreams so if Tevez returning helps then I’m all for it.

Not sure how fit he’d be and can we honestly trust him in a blue shirt again with all the bitterness he clearly carry's against our club which has hurt him where it matters most to him - In his pockets

BillyShears said:
As far as I'm aware the club have never taken an official line on Tevez playing for us again or not so I'm not entirely sure how the accusations of hypocrisy would stack up. In November Mancini made it clear that if Carlos apologised he could come back. Khaldoun reiterated the stance a few weeks back that if he wasn't sold in January he had a contract at City and would have to fulfil it. Mancini is again now saying that it's possible Carlos will play for us again. The only time that it was suggested by any club official that he would never play for us again was when Mancini said it directly after the Bayern game. However as I say, that was very quickly diluted into "if he apologizes everything is fine".
True.

Damocles said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Mate, would you not consider it extremely arrogant to pass comment on my supposed state of mind, or any other poster for that matter?

Just a friendly comment regarding the tone of your recent posts over the last month or so. You seem to have become very single minded on numerous issues whereas you used to look at things from a larger perspective. As I say, just a friendly comment not designed to offend.

It makes me no less of a fan to admit I want us to become one of the biggest clubs in the world and win everything in sight.

I support City because I want to win, otherwise what is the point? I'm sure the owners and players aren't in it for some moral crusade.

I don't support City because I want to win. In fact, I'm pretty sure that you don't support City because you want to win. Logically, if you followed a football club because you wanted to win, you'd be a United fan. But you aren't a United fan. Why is that? Why didn't you just change?

I would hazard a guess that it's because you recognise the difference between the clubs, off of the pitch.

Either that or because morally, you see that changing football clubs for the purpose of gaining success is wrong. We call these people gloryhunters and they are probably the least likeable people in the spectrum of football supporters.

I suppose my question is this; if we understand that changing the football club that you support for the reason of success is morally wrong, why should we accept that changing the ethos of the current football club for success is morally correct?

This is under the presumption that we care about morals in football more than success, otherwise we'd all be rags.

I've forgotten nothing. If anything, I remember everything, and that's why it hard for other Blues to accept this club wants and will move closer to what United have become.

Those last words seem to sum this up though. We need to move closer to what United have become, but the manner in which we do this is incredibly important to us as individuals and fans.

I have no problem with the globalisation of our fanbase, and I actively encourage this. This will not only financially support the club but we get to share our passion with a million more people. I can't see any scenario in which we can see that that is a bad thing. I'm not arsed about getting tickets "stolen" by holidayers because I've got a shitload of loyalty points and it isn't an issue.

The manner in which we reach the globalisation is the issue that we seem to be arguing over. Tevez is just a player, no different from thousands of others in our 115 year history. However, we have made the Tevez issue a big deal. We have made it a line in the sand that is bigger than football, and I think that Tevez putting on a blue shirt again makes us hypocrites, makes us weak and more importantly, disregards our moral stance for the sake of success.
And lets be fair, Tevez when he can't be arsed is shit. At the beginning of this year he was donkey balls and I would guess that he will be when he comes back. Even if he was Messi in disguise, I still don't want him.
It might cost Mancini his job, but it doesn't matter. City have to be bigger than this. There's always next season to win the league; we have all the time in the world. There won't be another Tevez situation (or at least we pray there won't be!)

Globalisation and driving for success doesn't automatically mean becoming lying hypocritical cunts. Barcelona as an example, have the ability to succeed without this. Mes que un club. They don't always live up to this of course, but in a long term vision I think you'd be hard pressed to argue with their singular vision of Catalonia's club; the club of the rebels. They have managed to become one of the world's biggest clubs and kept their identity whilst doing so.

Part of my problem with United is that they are essentially a nomadic club. You can pick up Old Trafford and plonk it anywhere in the country and it wouldn't make any difference to the club or its fanbase. I don't personally feel that the same is true of City. I think we have tried to brand ourselves as "Manchester's club" and we do have links to the local community and councils that we are strengthening. But I digress.

This is the first time that City has really taken a stand on something that gains us worldwide acclaim and respect. It is building our image and is starting to build our ethos on a larger scale. Gary Cook once said that we would become the biggest club in the world but that we had the financial resources and the mindset to do it in an entirely different way from what United did, where it alienated its fanbase. Bringing Tevez back in would be the first brick in that wall.

And I wouldn't swap that for 10 Premier Leagues. I think that once the title race is over and the pressure of that has died down, many will look at this issue in a completely different way.

Okay mate, I appreciate the response, and you meant no real slight!

As for why I support City, I had no option. I am of a particular generation, I'm now 37.

I grew up in Moss Side, my father saw the glory days. I grew up on his tales of what it was like, Colin Bell, this mythical figure.

It's like taking a kid to church, you know no different, coming to football is the same for many I would suspect.

I grew up in the 80s when United were shit, but still better than us. I watched through the 90s and present-day as they became a winning monster.

I wasn't born early enough to see us winning anything and went through the late 70s and everything since.

It's not so simplistic for anyone to suggest they should support United because they have been winning trophies.

I've taken everything this club has thrown at me and come back for more, because I dared to hope that one day it would change.

I also accepted the club would have to change, it has changed, how we get there is the nub, but I think many blues can reconcile their morals against what has gone before, and what will now come.

Some can call it selling your soul. I suppose some of my true City soul may have died the day of the takeover.

Damo, if I'm honest, I don't give a shit. It's payback time as far as I'm concerned, if Bobby decides Tevez can deliver some of that payback, I'll take it every day of the week.

Colin_Bell said:
I’m proud of City for making their stance against Tevez and the way he conducts himself is disgraceful but to see us win a league title was once beyond my wildest dreams so if Tevez returning helps then I’m all for it.

Not sure how fit he’d be and can we honestly trust him in a blue shirt again with all the bitterness he clearly carry's against our club which has hurt him where it matters most to him - In his pockets

This is my concern too. He really didn't try when he played early on and I wouldn't put it past him to come back only to collect a check and mess up the title run.

Remember, this is the guy that supposedly cheered when City got bounced from the CL.

City and Tevez nearing a compromise for his return (Mirror)

I said it at the time an I'll say it again. If Mancini had kept his mouth shut at the end of the Munich game we wouldn't be in this mess of a situation now. He put his, and manchester city's arse on the line with his comments. He pushed both of them into corners they couldn't escape from without surrendering pride and face. It has panned out exactly as I predicted.

But that doesn't matter now. All that matters is we win the league. Losing this title to an inferior united team, after that drubbing, and all the stick dished out, and all the cup failure this year, would be a huge blow to the club. Wed pick ourselves up, but I'd be gutted. This club needs the title for every reason: confidence, morale, perception...pride. We need it as much, no more, than the cup win last year.

What matters is whether the integration of tevez into the squad would improve us or weaken us. Would the squad welcome it or resent it? I strongly suspect the former but it would be vital for the staff to evaluate this.

If his inclusion, and I don't think he'd get many starts with all fit, would gain us points then we have to do it. It would be madness not to. Stage manage it through the media , to save face for both parties, and do it. Quick.

I do not want to lose this fucking title to those wankers over the road.

If he's fit, willing to be professional in his approach and the other lads are willing to play with him again he plays.

Twice the player Balotelli is and three times the player Dzeko is.

Sadly he is also 100 times the **** anyone is :(

He's a thick fuck who's been seriously poorly advised by a complete snake. He's not a murderer or a pedo lads. Stop sulking and get behind the kid. He could be the difference :)

Didsbury Dave said:
I said it at the time an I'll say it again. If Mancini had kept his mouth shut at the end of the Munich game we wouldn't be in this mess of a situation now. He put his, and manchester city's arse on the line with his comments. He pushed both of them into corners they couldn't escape from without surrendering pride and face. It has panned out exactly as I predicted.

But that doesn't matter now. All that matters is we win the league. Losing this title to an inferior united team, after that drubbing, and all the stick dished out, and all the cup failure this year, would be a huge blow to the club. Wed pick ourselves up, but I'd be gutted. This club needs the title for every reason: confidence, morale, perception...pride. We need it as much, no more, than the cup win last year.

What matters is whether the integration of tevez into the squad would improve us or weaken us. Would the squad welcome it or resent it? I strongly suspect the former but it would be vital for the staff to evaluate this.

If his inclusion, and I don't think he'd get many starts with all fit, would gain us points then we have to do it. It would be madness not to. Stage manage it through the media , to save face for both parties, and do it. Quick.

I do not want to lose this fucking title to those wankers over the road.

horowitz.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.