Tevez to return (Merged)

Re: City and Tevez nearing a compromise for his return (Mirror)

SWP's back said:
Didsbury Dave said:
I said it at the time an I'll say it again. If Mancini had kept his mouth shut at the end of the Munich game we wouldn't be in this mess of a situation now. He put his, and manchester city's arse on the line with his comments. He pushed both of them into corners they couldn't escape from without surrendering pride and face. It has panned out exactly as I predicted.

But that doesn't matter now. All that matters is we win the league. Losing this title to an inferior united team, after that drubbing, and all the stick dished out, and all the cup failure this year, would be a huge blow to the club. Wed pick ourselves up, but I'd be gutted. This club needs the title for every reason: confidence, morale, perception...pride. We need it as much, no more, than the cup win last year.

What matters is whether the integration of tevez into the squad would improve us or weaken us. Would the squad welcome it or resent it? I strongly suspect the former but it would be vital for the staff to evaluate this.

If his inclusion, and I don't think he'd get many starts with all fit, would gain us points then we have to do it. It would be madness not to. Stage manage it through the media , to save face for both parties, and do it. Quick.

I do not want to lose this fucking title to those wankers over the road.

horowitz.jpg
lol thats quality mate

tolmie's hairdoo said:
SWP's back said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Exactly. Have you seen anyone on here, mate, who has actually defended Tevez or his actions?

The only moral dilemma which I can see, are those posters who back the manager and the owners, but their own set of personal principles can't be set aside.

Those quotes from Mancini don't appear to have left much behind in translation.

It is also pertinent to point out it is the Sunday papers which have this story, meaning they appear to have been briefed separately, off the record, after the regular Thursday presser.

The dailies get the one you see on the website.
Fully agree, but I suppose that thinking with head as opposed to heart will now make me less of a fan.

I have previously described Tevez and his snake as a cancer in our club, someone who leaked every cough and splutter to serve their own agenda.

Who has shit on this club time and again. But I still remember most blues praying Tevez would be fit for the FA Cup final, despite two transfer requests, insulting Manchester, Cook etc.

I also recall and sensed the uncertainty at the Reebok Stadium at the start of the season when he was about to come on, the decision from our fans to support him and clap.

Munich was the last straw, he's a thick cnut, but if the owners are insisting, or the manager wants to utilise him, then we should back them to the hilt, including Tevez.

It's a divisive decision, should he play again, but everybody would need to leave their personal shit at home, or stay home.

Because our club can only win this league if we are pulling in the same direction.

Tevez is plenty of things, but he proved in his final season at United, coming off the subs bench in the title run-in proved the difference over Chelsea.

And that was despite him and Ferguson at odds.

I suppose a simpler question would be, would a United fan consider City even more of a threat with Tevez back in the fold?

I agree - winning is more important than anything else. But it's not just a moral issue, it's a practical one - how are you going to keep Kia quiet?

Tevez doesn't give a toss whether City or United win the title. (I don't take it personally, he hasn't cared about a club since he left Boca.) But do you really think he will stop Kia leaking all his usual garbage in the title run-in? Why would he? He doesn't care.

So Tevez gets fit, maybe plays a couple of Europa league games. Then Aguero/Balo are correctly picked ahead of him at The Emirates and for the Derby.

Monday morning, right on cue, Kia's on Keys & Gray: "Carlos is just very disillusioned right now ... He came back to help City win their first title in many years, but after all the goals Carlos has scored, Mancini is treating him like a reserve team player ... The fans want to see Carlos play ... I think some of the players are losing confidence in Mancini."

The headlines read: "Mancini Loses the Dressing Room" and it's advantage United again.

3 premiership clubs (4 if you include Liverpool & Mascherano) have tried to reason with Kia and failed.

Take Tevez back, fine. But how are you going to control Kia?

Tevez is coming back for one reason and one reason only,the reason he does everything in his life......Tevez.

His stock has fallen.Nobody will gamble even 25 million pounds and on someone who scored over 50 goals in probably the hardest league in the world in 2 seasons says it all.The club won't let him go on loan so he is stumped.

They rightly see a non professional prima donna in a supposedly professional sport and the gamble for them is just too high.For 2 seasons [which is when he usually moves on] it would cost them 50 million in transfer fees and wages.For us it proved worth every penny.It got right up the rags noses and moved us up a notch and helped us win our first trophy for 35 years.Worth every penny to us,but to a club used to winning trophies and established in Europe it is too high a price to pay,too much of a gamble.His snake of an owner now knows he has only one option.To get him back on the pitch scoring goals and winning matches so someone out there thinks......''Hmmm.....the gamble is worth it.''

I hate what he has done and the disrespect he has shown to my City,club,manager and his teamates....but.He is a world class player on our books.If he had been fit and comitted i am certain that now we would be 10 points clear at the top of the league.The 5 points we lost against WBA and Sunderland we would have won.Everton we would have at least drawn and Fulham away we would have won.We would probably be in the Carling cup final too.

Of course all this is mere conjecture,but i feel this would have been the case if we could have called on his services.

So if some sort of face saving peace deal can be done it could benefit both parties.If it wins us the title and possibly the Europa league at the end of the season all that went before will be water under the bridge,a bit uncomfortable but true.

YourBirdCanSing22 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
SWP's back said:
Fully agree, but I suppose that thinking with head as opposed to heart will now make me less of a fan.

I have previously described Tevez and his snake as a cancer in our club, someone who leaked every cough and splutter to serve their own agenda.

Who has shit on this club time and again. But I still remember most blues praying Tevez would be fit for the FA Cup final, despite two transfer requests, insulting Manchester, Cook etc.

I also recall and sensed the uncertainty at the Reebok Stadium at the start of the season when he was about to come on, the decision from our fans to support him and clap.

Munich was the last straw, he's a thick cnut, but if the owners are insisting, or the manager wants to utilise him, then we should back them to the hilt, including Tevez.

It's a divisive decision, should he play again, but everybody would need to leave their personal shit at home, or stay home.

Because our club can only win this league if we are pulling in the same direction.

Tevez is plenty of things, but he proved in his final season at United, coming off the subs bench in the title run-in proved the difference over Chelsea.

And that was despite him and Ferguson at odds.

I suppose a simpler question would be, would a United fan consider City even more of a threat with Tevez back in the fold?

I agree - winning is more important than anything else. But it's not just a moral issue, it's a practical one - how are you going to keep Kia quiet?

Tevez doesn't give a toss whether City or United win the title. (I don't take it personally, he hasn't cared about a club since he left Boca.) But do you really think he will stop Kia leaking all his usual garbage in the title run-in? Why would he? He doesn't care.

So Tevez gets fit, maybe plays a couple of Europa league games. Then Aguero/Balo are correctly picked ahead of him at The Emirates and for the Derby.

Monday morning, right on cue, Kia's on Keys & Gray: "Carlos is just very disillusioned right now ... He came back to help City win their first title in many years, but after all the goals Carlos has scored, Mancini is treating him like a reserve team player ... The fans want to see Carlos play ... I think some of the players are losing confidence in Mancini."

The headlines read: "Mancini Loses the Dressing Room" and it's advantage United again.

3 premiership clubs (4 if you include Liverpool & Mascherano) have tried to reason with Kia and failed.

Take Tevez back, fine. But how are you going to control Kia?
You make salient points fella and that is something the board & Mancini have to discuss before making any decisions.

Good lord, I hope not.

Is there any truth to this?

Should have sold him for a small loss.

I suppose it does come down to idealism versus pragmatism, and there are good points on both sides.

I am only seeing the negatives of the Tevez situation partially because I don't think we need him and he wouldn't be half the player we want him to be if he came back. We are risking everything to bring back a player who is more than likely to half arse the rest of the season, and isn't as good as the guy we currently have starting.

It seems like a poor decision from most angles to me.

Can't trust him any more, so rather he doesn't come back into it. Whether Mancini spoke out after the Munich match or not, it doesn't change that fact.

Decision down to Mancini I guess, I'd be surprised if he wanted him back.

People keep talking about morals as if letting Tevez would play for City would be immoral!

Someone explain to me which recognised moral code would be infringed if Tevez was allowed to play for City again?

OB1 said:
People keep talking about morals as if letting Tevez would play for City would be immoral!

Someone explain to me which recognised moral code would be infringed if Tevez was allowed to play for City again?

Did you miss the three posts where this has been explained in the last two pages?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.