Tevez to return (Merged)

He only wants to return to avoid a shitload more fines between now and the end of the season.
We have to give him that opportunity or else we will be seen as being unfair. He wont be fit, he wont be motivated. Let him play wally on his own for three months before we can finally get rid.

if what tolmie said is true that Mancini brought it up with the players and got their blessing, and the manager backs him, then my stance will soften as well.

Mistakes were made on both sides and it's in the best interest of all involved to get on with it, at least for a few months.

levets said:
Roger Ringpiece said:
Wont happen, pointless thread.
tonycoleman said:
We should greet any return from tevez in stony silence

Anybody who thinks Roberto hasn't canvassed the opinion of his squad before making these quotes, is insulting his intelligence. he will certainly have got the green light from the rest of the squad.

If they are happy to have him back... and Roberto wants him back... and Tevez wants to come back...

Then we should respect the managers/players decision.
this only because they have to work with him, bobby is the manager let him manage, when and if the title is lifted then only should we let him know what we think, he will be gone by July so let's not ruin what could be our greatest season since 68

So it looks like he is on his way back.

I truly understand the viewpoint of those who think after all thats happened Tevez coming back helping us to win the Premiership would belittle it in some way. I have the same moral opinion. It would be wrong to have him back for the way he has wronged us. However, mine and your opinion isn't important, winning this Title is.

I dont want him back because I just cant see how he would be able to hit the ground running. We currently have three excellent ( if not quite firing on all cylinders) Strikers. None of them are as good as Tevez at his best -Yet!, However I just cant see how he could reach his best in the limited number of games left.

When you throw into the equation the Media's agenda against City -; and the Club have always maintained the moral high ground in this, the hostility of the crowd against him, the loose cannon that is Kia and the possibility of another walkabout surely it must be better to stick and not twist.

Cancel his contract on Tuesday, make him a Free Agent, write off the Money and have a Press conference that lets United and Ferguson know in no uncertain terms that nothing is going to get in the way of us fighting for this Premiership Title.

Andouble said:
if what tolmie said is true that Mancini brought it up with the players and got their blessing, and the manager backs him, then my stance will soften as well.

Mistakes were made on both sides and it's in the best interest of all involved to get on with it, at least for a few months.

Doesn't surprise me that the players would welcome him back. He's a world class player, and Micah said he's the best he's ever played with.

I'm not worried about Tevez. I'm worried about the guy who owns his economic rights and controls his every move. A guy who is more than happy to disrupt squad unity if it helps keep Tevez in the shop window, who doesn't give a toss about City winning the title, and has an ongoing vendetta against the club.

Unless we have some kind of agreement that Kia will stay out of the papers during the run-in (which sounds almost impossible to me), I can't see anything but more trouble on the horizon.

*IF* his apology is sound and accepted by Mancini and the team, then so be it.

It's b/c of every other player on the squad that the team is where it's at (1st place) and for some people to think Tevez is the difference to the title....riiiiiight. He's not fit, hasn't played top football in months, yet he's the answer?? Am so glad Dzeko, Kun, Mario, etc don't read Bluemoon.

*IF* he does get on the field, it'll probably at an away game 1st. And he better not even think about taking a penalty. If he elbows someone off and steps up, I hope De Jong/Kolarov/whomever tackles him on the spot. (I kid...not really...ok, yeah).

yes great news
bad news for spuds and utd
we have to grab any advantage that comes our way 67/68 was too long ago
every body man up move on come May we could be CHAMPIONS

the **** doesn't want to be at City and there is no love lost

he's as likely to get himself sent off on purpose at a crucial stage of a crucial game as he is to make any positive difference to us

we cannot trust him and we shouldn't trust him

11 players on the pitch with a common purpose is what we need not 10 plus one with entirely his own agenda and motivation completely unrelated to City winning the league title

Recipe for disaster

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.