Tevez to return (Merged)

We pay our manager a fortune, so its his call, if he makes the difference between winning the title and losing it, then so be it. If the players and managers are happy to have him back, then its up to the fans to get on with it.

I'd love him to come back and score some goals and win city some points that win us the title. Plus im yet to play with him on fifa 12 and i want to know how good he is

This could be like signing a world class striker if he has his right head on, that is all from a footballing perspective. No matter if Tevez does turn out to be that difference if he wins us the title he has to go in the summer.

Said on Sky after the game that Tevez had released a statement claiming he wanted to come back and help us win the title, but can't find anything on-line? was it true?

I still get the feeling Mancini doesnt really want him back.

I think if Balo can stay out of trouble we have sufficient firepower to win the league. How pissed off would Dzeko and Balotelli be if they were sat on the bench watching Tevez on the pitch.

At the moment we are top of the league and have got there with 19 wins out of 25 all without Mr Tevez. Why would him coming back make any difference to us?

If anything it would rock the boat and cause problems.

Re: Re: Tevez to return (Merged)

Skashion said:
The_Mo said:
He's a world class player who almost single handedly dragged us from mid-table into the top 4. Our forwards aren't exactly banging them in recently, they have been struggling as of late. His emotions towards Tevez are understandable.
Yeah, Yaya, Silva, Kompany, Hart etc. had nothing to do with it... It's amazing how well our one-man team has done without him this season. As I predicted, I said we'd done fine without him this season and low and behold we have done. Some of the people here would have been with Merson in saying we'd finish lower than third without Tevez. You've been proven wrong, accept it.

I hate him for what hes done but that is absolute shite. You take any one of the players you mentioned out of the team in the previous season or 2 and we could possibly still have taken the leap from mid table - champions league. You take Tevez out and there is no way we would of.

Tevez scored 50 odd goals in 2 seasons in a side that was set up primarily to defend. None of our current strikers would reach the 20 goal mark if we played the way we did last 2 seasons. Thats not a criticism of Mancinis tactics, because we werent a negative boring team like the media made out, just more emphasis on defending. Having learnt to do that, this season Mancini has gone for it in every game.

Merson has been proven wrong, undoubtedly. We no longer rely on Tevez and we are 2 points clear. However, every city fan with half an idea about football would have to concede that a commited Carlos Tevez would score absolute hat fulls in our current set up. And had he bided his time, not spat his dummy out in munich and just waited for the Aguero/ Dzeko purple patch to end, he would currently be first choice striker and we would have a lead similar to that Madrid have in la liga. The premiership would be virtually won.

IF Mancini and the players are prepared to accept him back, and (big) IF Tevez wants to come back and play football for us rather than sulk n pick up his wages, then we are getting one of the best players in the world back into what is already a very good squad. Tevez at his best til the end of the season wins us this premier league.

Lets presume Tevez comes back and plays for us and lets presume we win the title. I'd be very interested in seeing if Carlos would then be happy enough to stick with the project and commit himself long term.

One step at a time but it would be a big statement towards next years Champions League assault.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.