Tevez transfer thread

Re: Inter Bid €25m For Tevez

Take it City.

He's on £198,000 a week - £800k a month - £9.6m a year.

More than two years left on his existing deal - we recoup an additional £20m saving in wages, which can be used elsewhere.

Added to a £20m transfer fee and being somnebody else's headache, we should settle at around £23m.

There are always ways of brokering a deal. City should throw a 10 per cent sell on clause in the deal.

Meaning if he does perform and plays up to go elsewhere, they are into us for another £3m or so.

We've kept back £5m in bonuses and will take him for another month.

The figures really do suggest we are getting the better end of the deal for this clown.

Re: Tevez - Inter / AC ???

Assuming we are still paying wages then if we hold out for 25 mill pounds then we may end up waiting until summer - his extra wages will cover the extra 5 mill.

we would also have all the grief ongoing for the rest of the season. Time to cut our losses unless the powers that be have a plan!

Take the money and good riddance, use it too buy a couple of players in positions we need more strength

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Take it City.

More than two years left on his existing deal - we recoup an additional £20m saving in wages, which can be used elsewhere.

Added to a £20m transfer fee and being somnebody else's headache, we should settle at around £23m.

There are always ways of brokering a deal. City should throw a 10 per cent sell on clause in the deal.

Meaning if he does perform and plays up to go elsewhere, they are into us for another £3m or so.

The figures really do suggest we are getting the better end of the deal for this clown.

Kia the **** has already sorted his brown envelope out with Galliani though and will be reluctant to let that go.

Its not just a case of us saying yes to a deal is it Tolm?

I agree the offer is sound but it takes 2 to tango.

Should take it and be happy to be rid. Excellent deal.

I dont think we should sell for less than £25 million, make our money back on him. Plus regardless of how hes been a twat, if Carroll can be sold for £35 million, Tevez can pull in a better transfer fee.

BlueTG said:
I dont think we should sell for less than £25 million, make our money back on him. Plus regardless of how hes been a twat, if Carroll can be sold for £35 million, Tevez can pull in a better transfer fee.

Clearly he cant because he didnt in the summer and were halfway into the January transfer window, with only loans offered and a rumour of a 25 million euro bid. The value of a player is only what clubs are prepared to pay. At the momnet there is not the money in the market for those type of transfers

BlueTG said:

Doesn't that mean we can only pull in a better fee if we sell him to Liverpool?

BlueTG said:

I agree about the £25 million but with regards to the Carroll bit, it's not as simple and straightforward as that.

To be honest, the offer for Tevez isn't a brilliant one and doesn't represent his value. However, I hate to say this, but things have got the point where I think we should just be happy to say goodbye and get rid of him and the problems he's caused. We'll lose out on getting a transfer fee we feel we deserve but in the grand scheme of things, it's worth it.

It just makes me sick what he's done, the fact he's got what he wanted by making us by him around 200k a week to stay in Argentina and make us significantly reduce our asking price to get rid of him. I just hope we and other clubs can use everything that has gone on with Tevez to learn lessons for the future.

If he goes to Inter, he won't last long there, two/three years and he'll be off again. I'm not sure whether Ranieri is the type of manager to deal with players like Tevez, having said that, there are probably very few managers who are.

blueinsa said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Take it City.

Kia the **** has already sorted his brown envelope out with Galliani though and will be reluctant to let that go.

Its not just a case of us saying yes to a deal is it Tolm?

I agree the offer is sound but it takes 2 to tango.

Joorabachian has more of a relationship with Galliani and Milan, It was him who tried to broker the Kaka/City deal.

It's become a simple game of bluff and counter bluff. The fact we may have declined Inter's opening bid is significant.

It also sends a clear message to the Tevez camp/Milan that any attempt to sit it out until deadline day would be suicidal.

If City are willing to knock back hard cash, they won't lose sleep over being strong-armed into a deal with Milan which has no cash benefit or assurances whatsover.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.