Tevez transfer thread

Re: Tevez - AC/Inter/PSG

As much as I'd like £25-27m I think it's time to burn our bridges.

I'd say take the £23m but get a couple of add-in clauses in there. 10% of next sale should cover any loss we make currently.

We can then kick his short, fat argie arse out to Italy and hopefully I'll never see the disgusting, poisonous fucling dwarf play again.

I'd happily erase all memories of him ever playing for our club. He may have had a great couple of seasons in football terms but the legacy of his time here is as a self-serving, greedy, mercenary bastard scumbag.

sbm said:
http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-n...tevez-stance-proves-they-wont-be-bossed-about

An excellent interview with Denis Tueart on TalkSport (about last night). In particular, EVERY City fan should talke note of what Tueart said about Tevez:

“Man City are trying to lay down a marker,” Tueart told the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast. “They’re trying to show that players can’t come in, get massive contracts and then use the club to get another move.

“I’d like to listen to what his advisors have been telling him because they must take overall responsible for this.

“It’s the implications [of the move]. If we let Tevez go at a bargain basement price then that sends a message out to all players who come into the Premier League.

“Just because the money is here, they come and promise the world, clubs give them fantastic contracts and then they decide to go when they please, leaving the club with a devalued asset. City are trying to send a message that this isn’t right.”

As far as I am concerned, EVERY (genuine) bluemooner should accept and respect what City are doing.
I agree but we shouldnt be linking Tevez's transfer with a DDR if we are playing hardball with Tevez. We are just giving Tevez's side additional leverage in any deal.

Good read of what Dennis Tueart was saying, and again we must stand firm here and not just roll over to the Tevez camp or whatever Club that comes in thinking they are going to get a quality player for next to nothing, with them thinking City is fed up with his antics and just wants rid off. I have already said a figure of between 25-30million is a fair amount for any club to pay, but wether we get this is time will only tell, everyone wants to see the back of him but we must be patient here so that City can get the best deal for the club and not for Tevez............

Plain Speaking said:
sbm said:
http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-n...tevez-stance-proves-they-wont-be-bossed-about

An excellent interview with Denis Tueart on TalkSport (about last night). In particular, EVERY City fan should talke note of what Tueart said about Tevez:

“Man City are trying to lay down a marker,” Tueart told the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast. “They’re trying to show that players can’t come in, get massive contracts and then use the club to get another move.

“I’d like to listen to what his advisors have been telling him because they must take overall responsible for this.

“It’s the implications [of the move]. If we let Tevez go at a bargain basement price then that sends a message out to all players who come into the Premier League.

“Just because the money is here, they come and promise the world, clubs give them fantastic contracts and then they decide to go when they please, leaving the club with a devalued asset. City are trying to send a message that this isn’t right.”

As far as I am concerned, EVERY (genuine) bluemooner should accept and respect what City are doing.
I agree but we shouldnt be linking Tevez's transfer with a DDR if we are playing hardball with Tevez. We are just giving Tevez's side additional leverage in any deal.
I agree entirely that being seen to link the acquisition of a player (such as DDR) with the sale of Tevez can unfortunately give additional leverage to the Tevez group and to the Club(s) with which Joorabchian has close ties.

I welcome the clear statement by Tueart as the closest thing yet to an official statement of our Club's position on the Tevez matter. I believe that it is designed in part to undermine the belief in the Tevez camp that, if they stall long enough, City will give in and accept the offer that Tevez prefers. From my first posts on Bluemoon, I argued consistently that selling Tevez was vital to our development as a TEAM and I was desperate for us to sell him in the summer. Nevertheless I respect any principled stand by Sheikh Mansour and by Khaldoon Al Mubarak on this matter.

As to the 'linking' itself, that is presumably not an issue of principle but rather a judgment about FFP issues. As far as I can tell, it involves a judgment not just about financial data as such but also (perhaps more importantly) about the external perception of the seriousness with which City are taking FFP. We are surely trying to convince Platini et al that we are taking it seriously and / or to make it as difficult as possible for Platini if he is, indeed, keen to make us some sort of test case. Personally, I am inclined to think that such a linking would probably not make much difference to the likelihood of us becoming a test case, whereas signing de Rossi could make a big difference to the likelihood of our winning the Premier League.

In summary; source AFP: PSG & Man City agree fee of 29ME + 8ME for Carlos Tevez. [via @robsmediaparis]<br /><br />-- Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:38 pm --<br /><br />In summary; source AFP: PSG & Man City agree fee of 29ME + 8ME for Carlos Tevez. [via @robsmediaparis]

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.