Tevez - Whats the latest?

johnny crossan said:
hgblue said:
Didsbury Dave is not on his own in thinking Mancini could/should have handled the situation better, far from it.
well there's you and errr ... de niro? (but he's been missing his tablets)

I don't think there is any doubt he could have handled it better even if the overall position he has taken is correct.

Matty said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Matty said:
I'm not sure what more City could have done to "keep this quiet", before the Munich game had even finished everyone was aware what Tevez had done, it unfolded on TV in front of millions. Once that had happened we were always going to be the centre of attention until this was sorted.

There was confusion about what had happened until Mancini confirmed it in the interview.

If he'd said "No it was a misunderstanding, Carlos is a passionate player. We will talk" or something it would not have been the story it is. The club could have then closed ranks and it could have been sorted behind closed doors.

As it is it's becoming a public war.

That would have weakened our position considerably, certainly in the eyes of the media when it all did, eventually come out. Tevez's advisers would point to Mancini saying "it was a misunderstanding" and use that as a stick to beat City with.

Lets not also forget that Tevez also came out after the game and admitted (regardless of what Joorabchain claims) that he refused to take to the pitch.
Those that wish to, ignore that point time and time again.<br /><br />-- Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:31 pm --<br /><br />
Didsbury Dave said:
Truth is, none of us really know how this whole episode is being percieved by the squad, and that's what really matters. Time will tell.

Three wins from the next three. Now that would be nice.
Some of the blues on here have mates in the squad do they not?

And some have 2nd hand access to views from the squad also no?

Nelly's Left Foot said:
johnny crossan said:
hgblue said:
Didsbury Dave is not on his own in thinking Mancini could/should have handled the situation better, far from it.
I don't think there is any doubt he could have handled it better even if the overall position he has taken is correct.
Perhaps you could enlighten us on how Mancini could have handled it better. I mean it wasn't at all obvious that Tevez wouldn't come on was it? He could have lied about it afterwards too I suppose. Poor poor Carlos, as much misunderstood as Dismal.

Crossan, I've pointedly ignored your feeble-minded posts for about 18 months now, yet you still make mention of me in every other post you make. I'd say you've mentioned me at least 1000 times over that period.

Is there something wrong with you or something? Do you have some sort of fixation?

Didsbury Dave said:
Crossan, I've pointedly ignored your feeble-minded posts for about 18 months now, yet you still make mention of me in every other post you make. I'd say you've mentioned me at least 1000 times over that period.

Is there something wrong with you or something? Do you have some sort of fixation?
you're such a figure of fun

johnny crossan said:
Didsbury Dave said:

I've ignored you for 18 months (because I think you're thick and snidey) and yet continue to follow me round.

Where's the fun in that?

johnny crossan said:
Nelly's Left Foot said:
johnny crossan said:
Perhaps you could enlighten us on how Mancini could have handled it better. I mean it wasn't at all obvious that Tevez wouldn't come on was it? He could have lied about it afterwards too I suppose. Poor poor Carlos, as much misunderstood as Dismal.

Yeah I am struggling with that one too; 35 mins to go in a massive match, 2-0 down in a huge and packed stadium, player on £250k a week refuses to come on - what Bobby should have done is walk over to the bench, sit down next to him, put his arm round his shoulder and say "sorry Carlos of course you do not need to come on, what on earth was I thinking of, especially as you have never put a foot wrong at this club before Carlos"; next time handle it better Bobby, never mind the match

Didsbury Dave said:
johnny crossan said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Crossan, I've pointedly ignored your feeble-minded posts for about 18 months now, yet you still make mention of me in every other post you make. I'd say you've mentioned me at least 1000 times over that period.Is there something wrong with you or something? Do you have some sort of fixation?
I've ignored you for 18 months (because I think you're thick and snidey) and yet continue to follow me round.Where's the fun in that?
Your a laugh a sentence Dismal!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.