Tevez - Whats the latest?

I think that City are happy enough that a meeting such as the one described took place and has been reported as such.

The fact that Mancini convened and hosted it means yet again City have played the cards very well.

City have gone out of the way to give Tevez a chance to apologise, if he did the only thing that would have happened is that he would have been allowed to train with the 1st team. But he would have admitted guilt at some level.

The fact that he resuses shows Mancini as the peacemaker and Tevez as the stubborn fool.

It adds weight to the argument that City will no doubt be making that Mancini has consistently and repeatedly bent over backwards to accomodate a rather miserable, petulant and demotivated players needs.

hisroyalblueness said:
The account is actually extremely believable because off the record meetings are very common in cases like this where there's need to separate the parties from the legal teams so that discussions can take place without the caution and accusations brought by advisor's.
It's a 'without prejudice' discussion and it's either one on one (where it would be word against word / no witnesses so not usable as evidence in court) or by use of a 'without prejudice agreement' whereby the parties sign a declaration that the discussion will be off record and ergo not admissible in court.
'Without prejudice' has an accepted legal precedent and can only be enforced where it can be evidenced that the discussions, or indeed correspondence, is entered into in an effort to resolve an active dispute.

I'm not saying that the meeting did or didn't take place - just pointing out that the scenario wouldn't be a surprise to anyone in the legal profession or, in fact, anyone who has ever managed disputes or been involved in litigation in the UK.
I don't doubt that the meeting took place, what I doubted was the portrayal of the meeting as posted earlier in this thread. It was put across as though Tevez was being some sort of hero and coming away from the meeting with that 'oh so self righteous' belief. Now seeing the other write-ups that put a bit more meat to the bone it is quite obvious that it was more of a cordial affair with both parties attempting to break the impass.

As I said, the media will portray this as suits their agenda and it will be down to us City fans to see through to the truth.

simon23 said:
he is right about media bit

when ade came here he was public enemy number one and even when he wasnt playing for us it was the same.....now at spurs...he is a hero again

they will do the same with tevez.....help to convince the whole world that tevez is a (insert whatever).....he moves and then he will become the victim/the prodigal son/the saviour/a constant stick to beat our club and Mancini with

they are so transparent!

I also believe RM could have handled tevez differently.....im not talking about the immediate interview(s) he gave after the munich game (though not the iwsest at the time he was clearly emotional/angry etc so you can forgive him for that)...butt here has clearly been a history between RM and tevez since the early days of RM's reign here....i think both manager and player could have done more to sort this out long before this all erupted

I still dont believe that it was back room people tevez had a problem with initially when he hnaded his first transfer request in...i think it was his and mancinis relationship (and im not blaming the manager for that) that was the route of that...i thikn the club, player and manager put spin on it after he withdrew it to save face for everyone and to try and work things through.

Tevez clearly in the past has questioned RM's tactical decisions....eg. being subbed in various games when they have been close etc (again in the end he shoudlnt do that at all but there are plenty of players, even the good ones that do do it).

I think that was the route of the events in munich....tevez had warmed up initially and he obviously thought that he was going to go on for dzeko....which to be fair you would have thought would be the case (esp as mancini then decided him to bring him on as the second sub)....i think that at this point tevez has thought (wrongly!) what the fuck is going on, we are 2-0 down and he takes of dzeko and puts on Nige!....a lot of people in the pub were thinking the same thing (Mancini later said it was to stem the tide in midfield...fair enough but we were chasing the game and needed a change up front as well so why not make both changes at the same time?...however that is another arguement)....tevez at this point has thought fuck it (thrown his toys out of the pram/whatever) and sat back down....then mancini asks him to warm up again...tevez refuses.....but then after words with one of the fitness coaches staarts to stand up again either in prep to come on or start to warm up and then suddenly sits back down.....as if he has been told to? or does he just thinks/says no....if what zabba said later on about Mancini deciding to put him on butt hen deciding not to because zabba didnt have his boots done up in time is correct then it is most likely that mancni has told tevez to sit back down after tevez refused to warm up again

my overall view is that tevez has fucked up clearly and no way should he have refused to warm up...thats just not wha a pro should be doing

however i do think it shows tha mancini can be a little hot headed and get things wrong at times...tevez had warmed up....why not put him on?. Yes its the managers decision and yes all players should abide by that and tevez was very wrong to do what he did BUT mancini is not completely blameless in all this either

however unfirtunately for the club there can only be one outcome for this and that is tevez leaving...the manager must be backed or it would wreck everything...whe i ssay unfortunate for the club im referring to the fact that a good manager working alongside a good player like tevez...all pulling in the same direction would benefit us on the playing front.

I dont buy some of the constant rubbsih on here about tevez being greedy (top assists last year) or being disruptive....yes he has clashed with the manager...but so has milner balo dzeko and some will do it again and others will do it as well at some point...people have opinions and some of these players are emotional people who want to win and have pride as well so being puklled off the pitch or being on the subs bench is going to hurt so this will happen again.

And from other player comments over the last couple of seasons he is well liked by the other players as well ( or they at least appreciate him as a player/team mate)

Yet again i find myself thinking you re one of the most intelligent and knowledgeable posters on the forum, Simon.

simon23 said:
he is right about media bit

when ade came here he was public enemy number one and even when he wasnt playing for us it was the same.....now at spurs...he is a hero again

they will do the same with tevez.....help to convince the whole world that tevez is a (insert whatever).....he moves and then he will become the victim/the prodigal son/the saviour/a constant stick to beat our club and Mancini with

they are so transparent!

I also believe RM could have handled tevez differently.....im not talking about the immediate interview(s) he gave after the munich game (though not the iwsest at the time he was clearly emotional/angry etc so you can forgive him for that)...butt here has clearly been a history between RM and tevez since the early days of RM's reign here....i think both manager and player could have done more to sort this out long before this all erupted

I still dont believe that it was back room people tevez had a problem with initially when he hnaded his first transfer request in...i think it was his and mancinis relationship (and im not blaming the manager for that) that was the route of that...i thikn the club, player and manager put spin on it after he withdrew it to save face for everyone and to try and work things through.

Tevez clearly in the past has questioned RM's tactical decisions....eg. being subbed in various games when they have been close etc (again in the end he shoudlnt do that at all but there are plenty of players, even the good ones that do do it).

I think that was the route of the events in munich....tevez had warmed up initially and he obviously thought that he was going to go on for dzeko....which to be fair you would have thought would be the case (esp as mancini then decided him to bring him on as the second sub)....i think that at this point tevez has thought (wrongly!) what the fuck is going on, we are 2-0 down and he takes of dzeko and puts on Nige!....a lot of people in the pub were thinking the same thing (Mancini later said it was to stem the tide in midfield...fair enough but we were chasing the game and needed a change up front as well so why not make both changes at the same time?...however that is another arguement)....tevez at this point has thought fuck it (thrown his toys out of the pram/whatever) and sat back down....then mancini asks him to warm up again...tevez refuses.....but then after words with one of the fitness coaches staarts to stand up again either in prep to come on or start to warm up and then suddenly sits back down.....as if he has been told to? or does he just thinks/says no....if what zabba said later on about Mancini deciding to put him on butt hen deciding not to because zabba didnt have his boots done up in time is correct then it is most likely that mancni has told tevez to sit back down after tevez refused to warm up again

my overall view is that tevez has fucked up clearly and no way should he have refused to warm up...thats just not wha a pro should be doing

however i do think it shows tha mancini can be a little hot headed and get things wrong at times...tevez had warmed up....why not put him on?. Yes its the managers decision and yes all players should abide by that and tevez was very wrong to do what he did BUT mancini is not completely blameless in all this either

however unfirtunately for the club there can only be one outcome for this and that is tevez leaving...the manager must be backed or it would wreck everything...whe i ssay unfortunate for the club im referring to the fact that a good manager working alongside a good player like tevez...all pulling in the same direction would benefit us on the playing front.

I dont buy some of the constant rubbsih on here about tevez being greedy (top assists last year) or being disruptive....yes he has clashed with the manager...but so has milner balo dzeko and some will do it again and others will do it as well at some point...people have opinions and some of these players are emotional people who want to win and have pride as well so being puklled off the pitch or being on the subs bench is going to hurt so this will happen again.

And from other player comments over the last couple of seasons he is well liked by the other players as well ( or they at least appreciate him as a player/team mate)

Am I to take it from the above that you are of the belief that Mancini is lying?

You seem to suggest that, in your opinion, Tevez refused to warm up but at no point refused to play. Mancini is unwavering in his assertion that Tevez refused to play. As you seem to agree with Tevez's version of events it stands to reason that you disbelieve Mancini's.

Watching SSN the other morning, Mike Wedderburn was talking to that sports journalist McCarthy, and Mike mentioned that McCarthy was now part of the Joorabchian/Tevez PR team. I find this a little bit uncomfortable when they can openly admit to employing reporters who must now have a biased view and the means to air to a vast audience these biased/payed for views, how can this be ethical/impartial journalism.

the goats backside said:
I hope DD chaired the meeting

Funny you should say that:

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=235987&start=60#p4890844" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=235987&start=60#p4890844</a>

and all the fucking pantomine blues said I was living in cloud cuckoo land.

PMSL (Smugly)

<a class="postlink" href="http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/969005/manchester-city-play-down-carlos-tevez-peace-talks?cc=5739" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story ... ks?cc=5739</a>

-- Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:01 am --

Significant enough change of detail vis a vi the reason for the meeting methinks....

Reports suggested Tevez had been handed a lifeline, but Mancini simply wanted to inform him of his options regarding training, telling the striker, who has been ostracised since refusing to play against Bayern Munich on September 27, that if he apologised privately and publicly then he could return to training with the first-team.

Tevez is said to have refused, claiming it should be Mancini who apologises, and he left without a resolution being found. The Argentine was seen training alone on Thursday.

The meeting took place at 01.00 BST, hours after the Premier League giants announced disciplinary proceedings against the striker on Wednesday evening, but City are at pains to point out that their manager was sorting out the "day-to-day management of the player" rather than trying to settle the disciplinary issue.

Mancini at no time offered Tevez a peace deal or settlement over his proposed six-week suspension and possible fine of £1.5 million.

Mancini would have allowed Tevez to train with the first-team if he met a number of conditions, but Tevez refused to back down on his stance. The player feels he has nothing to apologise for, remaining adamant that he had only refused to warm-up again, having felt humiliated at not being the first substitute in Munich, but that he had at no time refused to play.

A City insider told ESPNsoccernet: "Roberto's motives were to avoid any showdown at the Carrington training ground when Tevez first showed up to train.

"The manager has got to manage the player until January. At no time did the manager try to negotiate a peace deal. Whatever was said or not said would have no bearing on the ongoing disciplinary procedure.

"It is clear that the manager told Tevez that if he said sorry to all concerned than there was an opportunity to train with the first-team. If that led eventually to a return to the first-team, who knows? But whatever the manager said to his player was quite separate from the disciplinary procedures already in place. The talks would have had no impact on that, and not changed the outcome."

Tevez was in London on Wednesday, after flying back from Argentina, and about to catch a train back to Manchester when he was called by Mancini and asked to meet him at his home.

The training issue was discussed but Mancini made it clear that disciplinary action against Tevez would not be dropped and he could not give any guarantee that he would be considered for the first-team.
<br /><br />-- Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:02 am --<br /><br />
Didsbury Dave said:
the goats backside said:

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=235987&start=60#p4890844" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=235987&start=60#p4890844</a>

PMSL (Smugly)

I never thought you were living in cloud cuckoo land, but I do think you have shot your bolt a little early Monsieur Smug ;-)

Didsbury Dave said:
the goats backside said:

PMSL (Smugly)

Pretty straight forward thinking really DD. No genius required to come up with the best case scenario there.

Unfortunately I think Tevez and his advisors now see this breakdown of player/manager relationship as the best way out of the club. We are being backed down an alley where the only outcome will be a fight. A fight that Joorbachin think City cannot afford. Maybe not.......

Unfortunately for you Tevez we can afford less to be publicly bent over here. I suggest the next "off the record posturing" from City will be a firm warning to the whole Tevez camp that if they force the gloves off then we will scrap like an alley cat with the full weight of the Sheiks backing behind us.

You may have taken a step away from the bottom Mr Tevez but if you fail to grasp this olive branch then I think you will get buried.

Don't underestimate the power of the force............

ALL OUR LIVES said:
Pretty straight forward thinking really DD. No genius required to come up with the best case scenario there.

Unfortunately I think Tevez and his advisors now see this breakdown of player/manager relationship as the best way out of the club. We are being backed down an alley where the only outcome will be a fight. A fight that Joorbachin think City cannot afford. Maybe not.......

Unfortunately for you Tevez we can afford less to be publicly bent over here. I suggest the next "off the record posturing" from City will be a firm warning to the whole Tevez camp that if they force the gloves off then we will scrap like an alley cat with the full weight of the Sheiks backing behind us.

You may have taken a step away from the bottom Mr Tevez but if you fail to grasp this olive branch then I think you will get buried.

Don't underestimate the power of the force............

Fair enough.

I'm actually pleased that the club and Mancini were thinking in this pragmatic way.

It's best for our club that this is sorted quickly and cleanly with minimum disruption.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.