Tevez - Whats the latest?

Didsbury Dave said:
ALL OUR LIVES said:
Pretty straight forward thinking really DD. No genius required to come up with the best case scenario there.

Unfortunately I think Tevez and his advisors now see this breakdown of player/manager relationship as the best way out of the club. We are being backed down an alley where the only outcome will be a fight. A fight that Joorbachin think City cannot afford. Maybe not.......

Unfortunately for you Tevez we can afford less to be publicly bent over here. I suggest the next "off the record posturing" from City will be a firm warning to the whole Tevez camp that if they force the gloves off then we will scrap like an alley cat with the full weight of the Sheiks backing behind us.

You may have taken a step away from the bottom Mr Tevez but if you fail to grasp this olive branch then I think you will get buried.

Don't underestimate the power of the force............

Fair enough.

I'm actually pleased that the club and Mancini were thinking in this pragmatic way.

It's best for our club that this is sorted quickly and cleanly with minimum disruption.

agreed.

It won't have gone unnoticed in the Abu Dhabi that the minimum disruption option was thrown back at us for the sake of one mans pride......and you know what pride comes before !

fbloke said:
I think that City are happy enough that a meeting such as the one described took place and has been reported as such.

The fact that Mancini convened and hosted it means yet again City have played the cards very well.

City have gone out of the way to give Tevez a chance to apologise, if he did the only thing that would have happened is that he would have been allowed to train with the 1st team. But he would have admitted guilt at some level.

The fact that he resuses shows Mancini as the peacemaker and Tevez as the stubborn fool.

It adds weight to the argument that City will no doubt be making that Mancini has consistently and repeatedly bent over backwards to accomodate a rather miserable, petulant and demotivated players needs.

Fbloke, there's more to this than just the way it plays out to the press. There's the impact on the existing staff and club as a whole, his resale value and the fact that we might even need him before Christmas. That's why I think we've attempted this meeting. If it was as Taylor reports, of course.

Didsbury Dave said:
fbloke said:
I think that City are happy enough that a meeting such as the one described took place and has been reported as such.

The fact that Mancini convened and hosted it means yet again City have played the cards very well.

City have gone out of the way to give Tevez a chance to apologise, if he did the only thing that would have happened is that he would have been allowed to train with the 1st team. But he would have admitted guilt at some level.

The fact that he resuses shows Mancini as the peacemaker and Tevez as the stubborn fool.

It adds weight to the argument that City will no doubt be making that Mancini has consistently and repeatedly bent over backwards to accomodate a rather miserable, petulant and demotivated players needs.

Fbloke, there's more to this than just the way it plays out to the press. There's the impact on the existing staff and club as a whole, his resale value and the fact that we might even need him before Christmas. That's why I think we've attempted this meeting. If it was as Taylor reports, of course.

If you read the piece that I posted which was penned by Harry Harris it puts a different slant on the reason for the meeting.

It also adds to the image that I think the club wants of Manicni being in charge, the decision maker.

I know its easy enough to say such a situation as the Tevez one will cause discontent or have reverberations throughout the club, no doubt it can and perhaps it has.

With Tevez though I think the important people, Mancini and the players, have been more relived that Tevez as a man, as a squad member and as an influence has now been taken to task.

From the moment that senior players went to Mancini and asked for the captaincy to be stripped from him, to the face of Pablo on the bench as Tevez attempted conversation and the final images of Tevez sat alone on the bench I would say that the club is now coser to where it wants to be.

And Tevez is no longer on the inside but on the outside.

Talksport breaking news.

At todays presser Mancini was asked if Tevez will play for City again. "I don't know" he replied.

waterfootblues said:
Talksport breaking news.

At todays presser Mancini was asked if Tevez will play for City again. "I don't know" he replied.

Now that's interesting. I'm really hoping this is going to be resolved without bloodshed.

Its a big turnaround from the comments Mancini made after Munich when he said he's finished and will never play or us again app.

Mikecini said:
waterfootblues said:
Talksport breaking news.

He doesn't know, nobody knows. A simple ' I cannot comment' would have been better TBH

If English was his first language it might have been.

Whatever Mancini's motives, he has dropped a major bollock, and I believe, is something he has taken upon himself to instigate.

He needs to let people do his job, rather than undermine the process.

It can in no way be written or perceived as an olive branch, when demanding an apology from Tevez, only to reiterate, that the legal process will continue.

That's just taking the piss. Mancini has staked his reputation going 'all in', he can't afford to be seen as concilliatory, asking for some of his chips back.

Talk of wanting to avoid a confrontation at the training ground is horseshit, there was nobody around, and Mancini is hardly a man to avoid one.

He has shown a major error of judgement here and the Tevez camp couldn't believe their luck.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.