Tevez

The Fixer said:
bluemoon32 said:
Tevez could stop all the nonsense by putting out a statement saying he'll definitely be at City next season, only take 5 minutes of his time

Gary Cook at the start of the season said city now have a new club policy of dismissing malicious rumour which can potentially harm the club. So i'm a bit surprised this has not been nipped in the bud by either Carlos himself or City.

Maybe...in reality though it is not practical to continue with that type of strategy, and no other club has it. For good reason.

Of course there's clearly something in the rumours, too, so they wouldn't be on safe ground in doing so.

Braggster said:
The Fixer said:
Gary Cook at the start of the season said city now have a new club policy of dismissing malicious rumour which can potentially harm the club. So i'm a bit surprised this has not been nipped in the bud by either Carlos himself or City.

Maybe...in reality though it is not practical to continue with that type of strategy, and no other club has it. For good reason.

Of course there's clearly something in the rumours, too, so they wouldn't be on safe ground in doing so.

City released this statement when the media reported we were in for messi..

"Manchester City Football Club note with interest the reports circulating in the Spanish media that the club has made an offer to the Barcelona player Lionel Messi and that he has turned down the chance to join the club," the statement said.

"While acknowledging that Lionel Messi is a world-class player of the highest calibre, Manchester City would like to make it clear that the club has at no time made an approach to Mr. Messi or his representatives."

Braggster said:
10.Goater_Legend said:
Spot on my freind.

Very obviously the Mail have been briefed by Joorabchian (or one of his colleagues). It's either revenge on the club for attempting to bypass agents and do their own work, or an attempt to get Tevez more money.

All part of the strategy to try to put pressure on the club to get what he wants. I especially like the sentence "although the player would have to kick up a real fuss at Eastlands before City allowed him to move to Anfield for a cut-price £18million". There is literally no chance of anyone getting Tevez for £18million.

As I mentioned earlier, this is a Joe Bernstein story. He's not the sort of journalist who gets briefed by Kia Joorabchian - he's the sort of journalist who rehashes rumour and gossip that he picks up from other papers or from talk in the press room. I know this because he used to get me to do it. If Tevez was leaving, he'd be the last to know.

The Fixer said:
Braggster said:

"Manchester City Football Club note with interest the reports circulating in the Spanish media that the club has made an offer to the Barcelona player Lionel Messi and that he has turned down the chance to join the club," the statement said.

"While acknowledging that Lionel Messi is a world-class player of the highest calibre, Manchester City would like to make it clear that the club has at no time made an approach to Mr. Messi or his representatives."

yeah, but that rumour was much more serious from the club's point of view. Risked making all the erstwhile G14 clubs unite against us and from a football politics point of view was as bad as it could possibly get.

Braggster said:
The Fixer said:

yeah, but that rumour was much more serious from the club's point of view. Risked making all the erstwhile G14 clubs unite against us and from a football politics point of view was as bad as it could possibly get.

I understand that bud, but i'd say reports of your best striker wanting out at this critical stage is quite damaging.

Not really. Think of it this way. Either:

(a) Tevez doesn't want out. In that case, why bother denying it? There is nothing to be gained from doing so, as he will obviously be fully committed and the other players - to the extent it would affect them in any case - will know that; or

(b) He does want out, or is at least disaffected. In that case, you run the risk of being shown up for not telling the truth, or seriously exacerbating the situation and further burning the bridges. Best just to remedy the situation as best as possible behind the scenes.

These scenarios should not be played out in public so I doubt we will see a club statement. Mancini might say something when questioned about it in a press conference but I seriously doubt there will be anything further from the club, at least until the off season.

Braggster said:

(a) Tevez doesn't want out. In that case, why bother denying it? There is nothing to be gained from doing so, as he will obviously be fully committed and the other players - to the extent it would affect them in any case - will know that; or

(b) He does want out, or is at least disaffected. In that case, you run the risk of being shown up for not telling the truth, or seriously exacerbating the situation and further burning the bridges. Best just to remedy the situation as best as possible behind the scenes.

These scenarios should not be played out in public so I doubt we will see a club statement. Mancini might say something when questioned about it in a press conference but I seriously doubt there will be anything further from the club, at least until the off season.

(c) The Club realise that this press speculation actually helps us, and Mancini as a manager understands that with a squad that is brand new and not properly settled, having a common enemy in the 'look, the bastards want us to fail' mode, has a great effect on players and their ability to work together.

I've come to this conclusion based on the fact that many of our players in OS interviews mention the so called 'negative press' towards the Club, when in reality the press has been pretty balanced.

Damocles said:
Braggster said:

(c) The Club realise that this press speculation actually helps us, and Mancini as a manager understands that with a squad that is brand new and not properly settled, having a common enemy in the 'look, the bastards want us to fail' mode, has a great effect on players and their ability to work together.

I've come to this conclusion based on the fact that many of our players in OS interviews mention the so called 'negative press' towards the Club, when in reality the press has been pretty balanced.
What press are you reading? Alan Green, and Guardian / Observer never miss an opportunity for a little dig. They can't even get the basic facts right

There's hundreds of journos, citing one or two with bias doesn't mean that they're all against us. We also get sycophantic articles too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.