Tevez....

Or maybe it's not in the clubs interest to charge him with refusing to play.

Remember he admitted himself that he wasn't in the right frame of mind to play.

moomba said:
Or maybe it's not in the clubs interest to charge him with refusing to play.

Remember he admitted himself that he wasn't in the right frame of mind to play.

Yeah you could be right I suppose but doesnt that in at least the general footballing publics eyes put the manager in a weaker position....not saying he is in the clubs eyes but in those of the footballing press etc it gives them ammo to question him?

As for the right frame of mind bit...that is the bit in question that was supposedly misquoted/misinterprited wasnt it.....now again if thats the case in what he said then it would have been easy for the club to prove him wrong surely..its on film...and then they could charge him with refusing to play and have ligit reason to do so<br /><br />-- Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:49 pm --<br /><br />
jimbo101 said:
Like any large corporate entity, the club statement - when it finally arrives - will be carefully worded for maximum damage limitation.

I personally believe that he refused to play, & that there is sufficient evidence to prove it, if not not to a civil court level.

However, who's interest would it be in to issue a statement saying Tevez refused to play.
It might satisfy my personal blood lust, but it really would be cutting off our nose to spite our face.

The only positive thing Carlos has left is the myth that he always gives 100% on the pitch. 'He might be a mardy tosser, but he'll sweat blood for you.'

If we blow a hole in that image, then it totally devalues him as an asset.
We want to realise something for him in January.
A long, protracted legal process serves no-one except lawyers.

Finding him guilty of some lesser charges enables us to keep the myth alive, and therefore keep his value up.

As long as Bobby is in the loop, and realises he isn't being undermined, then that's fine. After all, he doesn't have to pick him, does he?

that makes a lot of sense if you believe he refused to play.....

however i believe he refused to warm up (again) as he had already warmed up once....not the right thing to do clearly and he should have warmed up again and again if the manager asks....but there is a difference.....if he had been asked to go on the pitch he would have done (and seemed to be about to as he briefly stood up before sitting back down - most likely because he was told to due tot he fact he hadnt warmed up

why doesnt he come out and .. say he is sorry.... and say he wants to play for man city............. the fact that he is saying nothing means he is guilty and a twat.

but thanks for all you did carlito..... but shut the door on the way out

Can't believe so many Blues are writing off a player who gives nothing less than 100 percent when he turns out for City.
Can you NOT see the possibility of confusion in a noisy Bayern Munich stadium and the stress of a two-nil deficit? Plus there is the language problem. Do you not see that there is an underlying problem with the MPK management. Nobody understands what the hell they are doing. From the start Kolo Toure was picked ahead of Lescott in the most important game of the season. Where's the sense in that when Lescott has been playing well of late and Toure was just back from suspension? Next with City two-nil down they take off a striker Dzeko and bring on a defensive midfielder, de Jong. Dzeko couldn't understand it and neither could anyone else. Why should they? The truth that you Mancini arse-lickers must realise that he's a terrible man-manager and he's not being helped by Platt and Kidd.
I have no doubt that Tevez was itching to get on the field and would have played his heart out to get a result for us. Stop knocking the man and hope that he's back playing for City soon, cementing our position at the top of the league. He's on City's books; he's a world class player and we need him on our side. It won't hurt Mancini to realise that the people behind him may not always offer the best solutions.

Irlamblue said:
why doesnt he come out and .. say he is sorry.... and say he wants to play for man city............. the fact that he is saying nothing means he is guilty and a twat.

but thanks for all you did carlito..... but shut the door on the way out

maybe if both tevez and the Roberto came out and admitted they had made mistakes that really would solve the problem but they both have the same problem...huge egos and i dont think either of them will

the relationship between them is damaged beyond repair i think

simon23 said:
As for the right frame of mind bit...that is the bit in question that was supposedly misquoted/misinterprited wasnt it.

So KIA would like us to believe. Only problem it was broadcast to millions, and Kia has been proven to be talking out of his arse on that one.

After the game Tevez said that he did not feel well enough to play that has not changed the fact he said that, that does not marry up with his defense now, he along with his agent or representative are lying twats. Tevez you have lied to us, the club, the press, yourself and most of all the children you say you love so much !!!!!!!

kevilldavies said:
Can't believe so many Blues are writing off a player who gives nothing less than 100 percent when he turns out for City.
Can you NOT see the possibility of confusion in a noisy Bayern Munich stadium and the stress of a two-nil deficit? Plus there is the language problem. Do you not see that there is an underlying problem with the MPK management. Nobody understands what the hell they are doing. From the start Kolo Toure was picked ahead of Lescott in the most important game of the season. Where's the sense in that when Lescott has been playing well of late and Toure was just back from suspension? Next with City two-nil down they take off a striker Dzeko and bring on a defensive midfielder, de Jong. Dzeko couldn't understand it and neither could anyone else. Why should they? The truth that you Mancini arse-lickers must realise that he's a terrible man-manager and he's not being helped by Platt and Kidd.
I have no doubt that Tevez was itching to get on the field and would have played his heart out to get a result for us. Stop knocking the man and hope that he's back playing for City soon, cementing our position at the top of the league. He's on City's books; he's a world class player and we need him on our side. It won't hurt Mancini to realise that the people behind him may not always offer the best solutions.

Jog on knob head. Go fish somewhere else!

kevilldavies said:
What an absolute load of shit!
In fact i've read some tripe on here,including someone slagging the 11 year old ball boys/girls but that is the champion.

kevilldavies said:

I think you're a bit naive. Tevez refused to play, of that there is no doubt. He said as much in his interview after the game.

Fuck what Tevez can and can't do for MCFC, I don't care. I don't want him to wear our shirt again. I'm not a Mancini arse licker (although after delivering our first trophy in 35 yeras I don't blame those that do), I'n certainly no Tevez apologist either. I'm just a Blue who feels insulted by Tevez.

As far as I can see,this is damage limitation, an attempt to keep as much value in Tevez as possible. If the outside world think City and Tevez have kissed and made up, they know they'll have to pay more to get him. If we are outwardly saying he won't ever play for us again- his value in terms of a transfer fee is virtually nothing.

If he plays for us again, it will only be a shop window exercise and the quicker he leaves the better imo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.