Thanks Yaya

Status
Not open for further replies.
i hope we have put a lot of effort into his goodbye cake or it could turn nasty.
Not sure which is my favourite Yaya memory the winner against United in the semi probably just edges it from the first goal at Newcastle.
The first trophies are always the hardest and he dragged us to the FA cup win and then the first league title.
Best of luck to him wherever he goes.

Thank you for everything Yaya. We could never repay you for what you've done for City. All the best in your next chapter, wherever that may take you.

Been a privilege to watch him. Been described before on here I think as having the strength of a rhino and touch of a ballet dancer. Quite a magnificent player at his peak - could do everything (except perhaps the odd tackle back).
Shame about the antics of his agent and some off field stuff but my view is far too many fans took it too seriously on this forum.
He gave us many great moments but the most symbolic for me was the Rags semi when he drove right through the heart of their defence, left Vidic on the floor and Wio nowhere to be seen (and this by a midfielder!!) - sort of symbolised City driving a stake through the heart of their famed defence (all of the Pisscan’s tens were built on a strong Cb pairing) from which to this day they haven’t recovered from.
When that final whistle went at the semi I started crying.

As stated, not a great surprise but time waits for no man sadly.
Great player, one of the most outstanding midfielders of his generation, power, such raw power, beast of a man who could carry the ball going forward so well.
Smiled as he talked Sane down at weekend over the free kick.
Immortalised with his brother in one of the finest football chants ever.
All the best big man
YES

Yaya, you well and truly milked the Cash Cow that is Manchester city but thank you for the memories. Cupcakes all round.
Mean spirited comment about a great player who is more humble in real life than many on here have said. And you wouldn't talk that way to his face.

Mean spirited comment about a great player who is more humble in real life than many on here have said. And you wouldn't talk that way to his face.

Unfortunately some are just like that. For the vast majority Yaya will always be the star he is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.