That family stand empty section post half time

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by thelongbowman, 11 Feb 2019.

1. Cheadle_hulmeBlue

Cheadle_hulmeBlue

Its the same few blocks every time in the family south stand. the club give loads of tickets away there to people who clearly couldnt care less. the games says 'sold out' swell. its unfair on actual city fans who can't get tickets and also shows the family stand is too big in my opinion.

2. Gary James

Gary James

'Manchester City Folklore' see @garyjameswriter
    Ditto! I’m on level one North Stand.

bluebarry likes this.
  3. Bill

Bill

I am almost certain they are club tickets, could be staff that have to return to their post at that time.

waspish likes this.
  4. Prestwich_Blue

Prestwich_Blue

They aren't bar staff then.

5. BlueMoonRisin'

BlueMoonRisin'

The annoying thing is the empty block on view in NS L1 are at the front right in view of the cameras just left of the goal from the pitch. If they are club tickets they give away on freebies they should make sure they are out of the fuckin' way and filled! The empties for most games has got beyond the joke now especially the way the team are performing nowadays. Games should be a sellout with hardly any visible seats on display. It's pointless expanding the northstand until we can regularly fill the stadium, which we can't as it's proving, even against clubs like Chelsea.

I don't know how much a match day ticket is as I've had a SC for years but they have to be affordable to casual fans who pick and choose games. With the ever increasing match day costs, many are choosing to watch at home or in pubs, these are the fans(many ex attending) the club should be enticing into attending over fickle glory hunters only here for our relatively recent success.

6. manimanc

manimanc

20 thousand empty seats. ....

7. Christine

Christine

I’m a SC holder and managed to purchase 2 extra tickets for friends. East Stand block 304 Row CC (few rows from back) £58 each!! £59.50 for non SC holders. Even when odd seats became available in any part of ground they were same price.

8. UUJblue

UUJblue

Its 100% groups that leave early. You can see from game to game different groups from schools or football clubs that have travelled and maybe take 50ish tickets? I spoke to some lads outside the ground one day and they were from scotland. They all supported different teams (why they werent interested) but were on a trip to manchester for the weekend so got tickets for a game and a tour.

9. BlueMoonRisin'

BlueMoonRisin'

That is way too expensive for many, and the reason we have many fans watching on TV when they could and probably would attend if affordable. The bottom line is that it is too dear for many casual fans to attend nowadays. I'm on about local based fans, not affluent glory hunters that the club seem to prefer as they buy more stuff from the shop when visiting.

FootballSense likes this.
  10. Millwallawayveteran1988

Millwallawayveteran1988

6-0 to the empty seats got an airing near the end on Sunday too!

Hundreds leave the SS3 early. They should have designed that better with stairs at the back rather than having to wait 15 mins to get to an exit. Doesn’t affect me as I’m close to the exit but I’m sure that’s why people do it up there.