That family stand empty section post half time

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by thelongbowman, 11 Feb 2019.

1. FootballSense

FootballSense

Well, maybe Family 4 blocks or Family part of Stand, but no club in the country gives over a complete stand in this way. The principle behind it was sound and aspects are very good but the practical application has been flawed. It really does need a very careful review though scope for changes may not occur until the North Stand extension is built. In the meantime is this a subject together with groups that City Matters could consider?

kippax123 likes this.
  2. Thomas Hearns

Thomas Hearns

I agree that it’s not working but I strongly suspect me and you are too short termist. We have very switched on people in charge of things and they’re probably playing the long game. A sizeable percentage of the 6 and 7 yr olds who don’t want to go to every game now and who would rather be eating hotdogs and drinking coke than be back in their seat for the start of the 2nd half will, in ten years time, absolutely live for the thrill of watching us win things and will be screaming their lungs out every home game.

foggy1974 and FootballSense like this.
  3. pablozabaleta

pablozabaleta

I sit halfway up SS3 and I can see why those further towards the back leave early. Not only does it take ages getting to an exit, you then have 6000(?) people all leaving through the same narrow set of doors and down the stairs whereas every other stand has multiple entrances and exits.

4. Alan Harper's Tash

Alan Harper's Tash

As a CB ST holder, there was a first against Chelsea. The NS started a chant that went round the stadium. Awesome work guys. Now it's happened, do it again!

5. gordondaviesmoustache

gordondaviesmoustache

Was in the family stand for the Chelsea game and thought it was alright. Some decent people around me and a couple of familiar faces. Nice steward in my section too.

Was quite pleasantly surprised by a part of the ground I’ve not much frequented over the last decade.

6. goatinho

goatinho

How this stand passed health and safety a really don't know!

7. br88

br88

If that is the case the ticket office should not be allocating seats in such a prominent location....it's absolutely crazy. If anyone knows who runs this office they should have a word with the guy. The most amazing home game of the season and about 40 people sitting behind the goal get up and leave at half time...great work City?????.

8. citytilllidie

citytilllidie

I often see a lot of our underage players in the family stand.
    It might be that a trench of tickets are held for them and their kin

9. r.soleofsalford

r.soleofsalford

I`m in 121 and heard the NS start at least 2 chants off.

I thought my ears were deceiving me.

10. Mad Eyed Screamer

Mad Eyed Screamer

But that doesn't explain why en masse they leave at half time