The 2012 Olympics Thread - Its Over :(

Re: The 2012 Olympics Thread (11th August, Page 242)

jimharri said:
Gaylord du Bois said:
Before this thread descends into a knockdown drag out I'd like thank mcfc1993 for all of the schedule updates and his input. Welldone mate.
Well said.

Cheers lads, i'll have the last one up for tomorrow, been a great Olympics, proud of all our athletes, for support and the fans etc I think its been the best I can remember and thats from Sydney on-wards for me. Wish we can have it again in my lifetime which is a possibility.
Even hard to hate Beckham during his interviews while its all going on haha.

Gaylord du Bois said:
Before this thread descends into a knockdown drag out I'd like thank mcfc1993 for all of the schedule updates and his input. Welldone mate.

Same here. Thanks a lot 93, its been really helpful.

Let's get 30 golds!

Paul Lake's Left Knee said:
This has been a brilliant sporting event, right up there with the best, anyone who can't just enjoy some sporting brilliance and drama of the highest order, and would rather belittle outstanding achievements, must be slightly dead inside i think.
I hope to God that someone produces a highlights DVD. I had go miss all the televised action this evening, but managed to catch Mo's epic win on the wireless (!) thanks to the World Service. The rest (Tom Daley's efforts, the 4x100 relay and Luke Campbell) was via text messages on the mobile, during soundchecks for a gig. Needed to celebrate with someone, but all the Noggies were busy with their blessed handball final (you'd think they'd just won every event going). Thanks to the wonders of the internet, plus the last 9 pages or so here, I have managed to re-live what you guys enjoyed there and then. It's been an emotional Games. I have the utmost respect to nearly every athlete who has competed. I have been inspired, more than I could imagine, to get out there and do something with my life. I never thought I would cry so much with sheer pride at what others have achieved.

Re: The 2012 Olympics Thread (12th August, Page 258)

12th August

http://www.london2012.com/schedule-and-results/day=12-august/list.html

Watch all of the events here:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/2012/live-video

So here it is, end of the games, its been a great 2/3 weeks, have enjoyed every second and can't remember the last time I wasn't watching sport to be honest, next stop is well the football season and the Paralympic Games on the 29th August.

OTHER EVENTS & ONE'S TO WATCH:
13:00 - Volleyball - Men's - FINAL - Russia vs Brazil
14:15 - Boxing - Men's Welter 69kg - FINAL - (GB) Freddie EVANS vs (KAZ) Serik SAPIYEV
15:00 - Handball - Men's - FINAL - Sweden vs France
15:00 - Basketball - Men's - FINAL - USA vs Spain
15:15 - Boxing - Men's Super Heavy +91kg - FINAL - (ITA) Roberto CAMMARELLE vs (GB) Anthony JOSHUA
15:50 - Water Polo - Men's - FINAL - Croatia vs Italy
21:00 - CLOSING CEREMONY

GB Competitors Schedule:
08:00 - Modern Pentathlon - Women's - Fencing - (GB) M SPENCE, S MURRAY
11:00 - Athletics - Men's Marathon - FINAL - (GB) Lee MERRIAN, Scott OVERALL
12:35 - Modern Pentathlon - Women's - Swimming - (GB) M SPENCE, S MURRAY
13:30 - Cycling (Mountain Bike) - Men's Cross-country - FINAL - (GB) Liam KILLEEN
14:15 - Boxing - Men's Welter 69kg - FINAL - (GB) Freddie EVANS vs (KAZ) Serik SAPIYEV
14:35 - Modern Pentathlon - Women's - Riding - (GB) M SPENCE, S MURRAY
15:15 - Boxing - Men's Super Heavy +91kg - FINAL - (ITA) Roberto CAMMARELLE vs (GB) Anthony JOSHUA
18:00 - Modern Pentathlon - Women's - Combined Event - (GB) M SPENCE, S MURRAY - LAST EVENT
21:00 - CLOSING CEREMONY

Well, those that wanted it to be a disaster are going to be eating some humble pie tomorrow night.

It's been a fantastic two weeks for British sport and it's been a fantastic two weeks for sport in general, just as the Olympics always are.

Congratulations to each and every person involved.

Been an amazing Games, just the False Flag to come...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.