The 2012 Olympics Thread - Its Over :(

Re: The 2012 Olympics Thread (12th August, Page 258)

Like to add how brilliant the production team of the BBC have been, the mini documentrys and profile of each athlete, all round coverage has been at the highest standard

Far far too many cynics on BM.

There's one song that sums up my feelings about the whole experience of London 2012 :)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaV-6qerkqI[/youtube]

FantasyIreland said:
urmston said:
The olympics have passed me by.

Couldn't give a f*ck about them one way or the other.

Just wish those who are interested in them would pay for them all themselves instead of requiring me to chip in.

More fool you,you have missed an inspirational and wonderful treat.

That's your opinion, which is why I don't mind you, and other olympic fans paying the full cost of the olympics.

Just leave me out of it.

You wouldn't want to chip in to help me pay for whatever interests me for a couple of weeks, so why do you expect me to chip for your temporary interest in swimming, running and clay pigeon shooting?

The 2012 Olympics Thread (12th August, Page 258)

hated the build up, will hate the aftermath and the huge service cuts to come because we drastically under estimated/or lied about the cost

but the events themselves were truly magnificent and as a viewer i was sucked in as i always knew i would be

just the wonder of seeing athletes who have spent 4 years preparing for 1 day, with great personal sacrifice, and knowing it means absolutely everything to them - emotional stuff

Apparently there'll be a Freddie Mercury hologram on show tonight. It'd be nice to see holograms of Moon and Entwistle to partner Daltrey and Townshend when they play.

urmston said:

Just wish those who are interested in them would pay for them all themselves instead of requiring me to chip in.

You sound like my Old Man

VictorMeldrew_1604269c.jpg

So playing tonight will be...........

Taio Cruz, Spice Girls, Beady Eye, Eric Idle, Muse, Queen and The Who.

Annie Lennox, Ed Sheeran, Nick Mason, Richard Jones, Mike Rutherford, Russell Brand, Fatboy Slim, Jessie J, Tinie Tempah

Emile Sande, Madness, Pet Shop Boys, 1D, Ray Davies, Elbow, George Michael, Kaiser Chiefs

pauldominic said:
There's one song that sums up my feelings about the whole experience of London 2012 :)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaV-6qerkqI[/youtube]
Wrong Bond! Great song, though, or was it just an excuse to post Carly Simon? Good to see Brian Blessed trying his hand on the drums. Makes a change from a big ape.

Ducado said:
urmston said:

You sound like my Old Man

VictorMeldrew_1604269c.jpg

You sound a bit like my old man, always telling me why I should be interested in this or that instead of letting me make up my own mind.

Stuff the olympics. If you want them pay for them yourself and don't ask me to chip in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.