The Album Review Club - Week #127 - (page 1545) - Definitely Maybe - Oasis

Was great when they resurrected Watcher of the Skies for the encore on what was arguably their greatest tour in 76 with Bruford and Collins whipping up a storm.

I must admit I'm completely out of my depth here, but this is good. Really good.
Fuck me I like prog rock. How did this happen?
One minute I'm listening to my usual fare, minding my own business thank you very much, the next I'm in a world of bonkers musicians playing this other worldly mindfuckery music, which I like far too much.
Thanks, I think....

I must admit I'm completely out of my depth here, but this is good. Really good.
Fuck me I like prog rock. How did this happen?
One minute I'm listening to my usual fare, minding my own business thank you very much, the next I'm in a world of bonkers musicians playing this other worldly mindfuckery music, which I like far too much.
Thanks, I think....
Prog transcends the mind :)

Ha ha I'm genuinely humbled I've received the "much coveted" spot.
Coveted by whom I may ask?
Everyone will be pissed and far too preoccupied to listen to my choice, which, given the album I have in mind, might not be a bad thing...
I'll be fucking dying for something else other than Christmas to concentrate on by that matey.............

Saw Genesis at the Free Trade Hall in Jan 1971, they were the bottom of the bill to Van der Graaf Generator and Lindisfarne. Tickets were six shillings, or 30p as we say these days.

I joined the RAF soon after. I didn't buy Trespass for some reason but got Nursery Cryme and Foxtrot when they came out and they got played to death in the barrack block. Stuck with Genesis up until the Lamb, which was amazing too, but lost interest once PG left.

Great to hear Foxtrot again after all these years.
Do you want to add to the list of scores by rating out of 10?

I come in to Genesis at Selling and leave after TTWT. Good run of albums including Seconds Out. Wuthering is only one that lets this run dow. I really cannot get into anything prior or post this period. A bit like Floyd with Meddle to Animals...(with one obvious exception). Fox Trot should be right up there but I don't feel it. Shite cover as well...

I come in to Genesis at Selling and leave after TTWT. Good run of albums including Seconds Out. Wuthering is only one that lets this run dow. I really cannot get into anything prior or post this period. A bit like Floyd with Meddle to Animals...(with one obvious exception). Fox Trot should be right up there but I don't feel it. Shite cover as well...
Marks out of 10?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.