The Album Review Club - Week #139 - (page 1815) - Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of The War Of The Worlds

I'm just glad I didn't miss them as in other weeks where midday work keeps me out of the guessing - not that I would have gotten any since I struggled with PJ's Ten (which I now think Messi).

I'm both anxious and nervous (given similar interests)...

I was torn between two, and the second I trust you would have guessed no bother. Maybe another round.

I don't imagine this one being in many people's libraries though.

One person here will likely know it, and be able to name it quickly. I would urge said person to simply claim their fame and say they know it, but let others have the chance and fun of working through it.

A good solid performance from @stoneblue 's first nomination, Feats Don't Fail Me Now by Little Feat finishes with a nice round 7.00 from 12 voters. It becomes the 17th album to hit the magical 7 mark.

Next up, and waiting in the wings with the clues, is @Coatigan.

Nailed it in one pal.

Threespires will evidently have known it, but kindly let the game unfold.

Geez, total guess, and I only used 2019 vintage for that specific album of theirs. But now that I look closer at the picture, I can see a certain letter of "graVes" highlighted.

Seriously, have not heard of them, but any band described as "sounding as if Quentin Tarantino was the music supervisor for a Bond film" is one I want to hear! ;-)

My second thought of Shakey Graves just wasn't lining up to the picture as the wine bottle was still, and they didn't have a 2019 offering.

Last edited:
The Budos Band - V (or 5)

In some ways, the less said about it the better, I feel.

It has been a while since we've had an instrumental only album, in fact I can only remember one I think.

For me there is always something quite intriguing about music without vocals, that can move you and make you feel things without being told in words what you are meant to be taking from it. This is one of those for me. There is a mood to it, there is a certain darkens in it at times, pain, joy, menacing, basic playfulness. I really like the mix, and the skills of the the instruments.

Look forward to the discussions it triggers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.