The Album Review Club - Week #139 - (page 1815) - Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of The War Of The Worlds

‘Interesting’ fact about the Woodstock track - at least 4 versions of this were released by different artists in 1970. My personal preference is the CSN&Y version
Mine too and I was today years old when I found out Joni wrote it and not them. Mind it doesn't make the lyrics any less, errrr, variable. But it makes more sense now. It's uncharitable to say so, and lotsa bands from the era made music I like, but I really do struggle with hippies.

Mine too and I was today years old when I found out Joni wrote it and not them. Mind it doesn't make the lyrics any less, errrr, variable. But it makes more sense now. It's uncharitable to say so, and lotsa bands from the era made music I like, but I really do struggle with hippies.
Arthritis?

Joni comes only second to Kate. Does that make me a hippy?
No. It's more the subject of that song at the time. Joni's evolved a thousand times since. And Kate is no hippie, though she's an ethereal nerdy chanteuse. Kind of the hot girl who plays Dungeons and Dragons. She should have done the soundtrack to Lord of the Rings instead of Enya, that's for sure.

Last edited:
No. It's more the subject of that song at the time. Joni's evolved a thousand times since. And Kate is no hippie, though she's an ethereal nerdy chanteuse. Kind of the hot girl who plays Dungeons and Dragons. She should have done the soundtrack to Lord of the Rings instead of Enya, that's for sure.
I was slightly tongue in cheek mate. I agree with your comments re Joni but then you Americans should at least partially understand Canadians. As for Kate, you demonstrate an excusable USA lack of comprehension for which I forgive you.

Maybe you do understand the beauty of her music and you are just trying to wind me up. If that’s the case, I forgive you too.

I was slightly tongue in cheek mate. I agree with your comments re Joni but then you Americans should at least partially understand Canadians. As for Kate, you demonstrate an excusable USA lack of comprehension for which I forgive you.

Maybe you do understand the beauty of her music and you are just trying to wind me up. If that’s the case, I forgive you too.
I'm not a KB fan save for "Hounds of Love", but she collaborated with a number of musicians I like, and I can't gainsay her place in a certain pantheon of progressive (not necessarily "prog") artists generally. Less popular, but nearly as influential here, we have Laurie Anderson, where there is similar collaborative overlap, novelty and invention, a great aesthetic sense and terrific stage presence/multimedia creativity (like KB), but I think better (certainly funnier and funkier) tunes. Love her first three records especially.

Americans don't really understand anyone except Americans TBF, not even Canadians.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.