The Album Review Club - Week #141 - (page 1860) - JPEG Raw - Gary Clark Jr.

Coatigan will always have Kaiser Chiefs like I will now have Superchunk for inadvertent clues that go into another plausible artist ("B&W has chipped away at the biggest chunk of it"). I don't think he meant to send me down another rabbit hole, but it sure fit the profile if I was looking for in embedded clues. ;-) When I saw RATM had an album in 2001, I thought surely I finally hit gold too! LOL.

That went full seagull on me, and I don't ask for a hidden track, but being part of the closer sure would be swell. ;-)

Aye, I only said Clarity with a capital C just only the three times ;).

Coatigan will always have Kaiser Chiefs like I will now have Superchunk for inadvertent clues that go into another plausible artist ("B&W has chipped away at the biggest chunk of it"). I don't think he meant to send me down another rabbit hole, but it sure fit the profile if I was looking for in embedded clues. ;-) When I saw RATM had an album in 2001, I thought surely I finally hit gold too! LOL.

That went full seagull on me, and I don't ask for a hidden track, but being part of the closer sure would be swell. ;-)
I’ve missed something here apparently but Superchunk is hands down one of my favo(u)rite bands of all time (in my top ten) and if this thread goes on long enough (and it shows no signs of stopping) I will absolutely be nominating one of their records.

I’ve missed something here apparently but Superchunk is hands down one of my favo(u)rite bands of all time (in my top ten) and if this thread goes on long enough (and it shows no signs of stopping) I will absolutely be nominating one of their records.

Credit to B&W, every album guess he put up, not only fit at least half of the clue profile, but also could have easily been an album I could have put forward. Apart from perhaps the white stripes.

You were MIA the week my album was up, not that I remember things like that... ;-)

Coatigan had a misdirected clue in the photo of the artist the week mine was up. Nearly had some in a panic too if it was the case. ;-)

I was originally looking at top ranked albums in 2001 and the White Stripes came up in meeting the summer timeframe. Given it's popularity, I figured he got a rare initial print and made bank on that, before making the 9/11 association. Then it was onto banned songs...

A post-mortem on the albums of 2001 did not include Jimmy Eat World's changed album title, so I didn't feel so bad for missing it originally.

You were MIA the week my album was up, not that I remember things like that... ;-)

Coatigan had a misdirected clue in the photo of the artist the week mine was up. Nearly had some in a panic too if it was the case. ;-)

I was originally looking at top ranked albums in 2001 and the White Stripes came up in meeting the summer timeframe. Given it's popularity, I figured he got a rare initial print and made bank on that, before making the 9/11 association. Then it was onto banned songs...

A post-mortem on the albums of 2001 did not include Jimmy Eat World's changed album title, so I didn't feel so bad for missing it originally.
That was Doves, yes? I was sorry to miss it! I will go back and hit it; I have a few here to catch up on if just for fun. Thankfully my work situation resolved into an extremely happy outcome for me so hopefully no more interruptions most of the time.

Jimmy Eat World is a band I have only passing familiarity with though I recall I like what I know so this should be another fun week.

Everyone is part of the closer One Love but you and Fog get a (favourable) reference in track 10 Where Have All The Bosnians Gone?

On the subject of fanboys there was a Norwegian bloke in 102 last night who was absolutely leathered and decided to teach a block of, I think Welsh, school kids a Norwegian chant (which I think might have been something to do with Bryne where Haaland grew up/started). Bizarrely at one point during the game he actually managed briefly to get Haaland's attention. Eventually got chucked out by the stewards, professing his love for Erling as he went!

Everyone is part of the closer One Love but you and Fog get a (favourable) reference in track 10 Where Have All The Bosnians Gone?
Always appreciated!
On the subject of fanboys there was a Norwegian bloke in 102 last night who was absolutely leathered and decided to teach a block of, I think Welsh, school kids a Norwegian chant (which I think might have been something to do with Bryne where Haaland grew up/started). Bizarrely at one point during the game he actually managed briefly to get Haaland's attention. Eventually got chucked out by the stewards, professing his love for Erling as he went!
Ah, the things the UCL coverage doesn't capture. Must have been a sight for sure. Getting Haaland's attention from the stands I would not have thought possible.

Instead, some of us at home got to see the usual off-topic antics and weekend upcoming EPL match wagers of Jamie Carragher and Micah Richards on the UCL post-match show. Given that, I'm not sure which of us got to witness more eye-raising behavio(u)r (last night).

Now we've made the Quarter-Finals, I can actually take in interest in the Champions League again.

As a competition, it sucks big time up until this stage because there's no jeopardy.

I mean, it's great that we are in it and have a chance of two consecutive titles, but I miss the days of Notts Forest v Liverpool in the first round over two legs (League Champions v European Champions at the time). All thanks to UEFA's fixed open draw policy.

Now we've made the Quarter-Finals, I can actually take in interest in the Champions League again.

As a competition, it sucks big time up until this stage because there's no jeopardy.

I mean, it's great that we are in it and have a chance of two consecutive titles, but I miss the days of Notts Forest v Liverpool in the first round over two legs (League Champions v European Champions at the time). All thanks to UEFA's fixed open draw policy.
We were playing a team that effectively knocked utd out of the competition, there was certainly jeopardy for them !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.