The Album Review Club - Week #144 - (page 1893) - XO - Elliot Smith

Very confused, spend 36hrs in the loo with a winter bug to come back to find the thread is about to review Christmas with the Kranks or something.
And we haven't even touched on "It's A Wonderful Life", which I failed to mention originally. Dated? yes. Classic? Abso-friggen-lutely!
Had one listen to Pocket Symphony, turns out it's quite trippy when you're dehydrated.
I'm liking it too, very cool vibe and listen.

I know the guitar chords in "Photograph" are from a song I recognize that is on the tip of my tongue, but for the life of me, I can't yet place it yet. Yes, it is driving me a bit mad at the moment.

(EDIT: I figured it out, and Air's "Photograph" was first, so they get the credit. Related to a hopeful album offering here, so the less said the better at this point.)

Last edited:
Meanwhile, in the Spires household...

Haha. (Lyrically I won't be pushing the envelope as hard as Limmy).

Don't knock it! That little Akai that Limmy has got there is 80 quid, every home should have one. Even Rob who will be able to launch all manner of banjo and dobro clips with a 128bpm backing.

Can’t find anything that credits the female vocals on this current album @GoatersLeftShin although unless I’m very much mistaken there are some. Can you elucidate?
I'm not sure either to be honest, they do normally credit them. It could be Beth Hirsch as she's done stuff with them before but she has a distinctive voice...could the female singers be Air singing higher?!

And we haven't even touched on "It's A Wonderful Life", which I failed to mention originally. Dated? yes. Classic? Abso-friggen-lutely!

Fun fact. All the snow in that film is actually, ahem, asbestos!

None of this nowadays snowflakery. Pardon the double entendre.

Haha. (Lyrically I won't be pushing the envelope as hard as Limmy).

Don't knock it! That little Akai that Limmy has got there is 80 quid, every home should have one. Even Rob who will be able to launch all manner of banjo and dobro clips with a 128bpm backing.

How much is this one then?

Remember, you're in charge, top advice!

How much is this one then?

Remember, you're in charge, top advice!

Ha. He's pretty funny but you posting these is just playing into the prejudices of half of this lot who think it's only music if Ernie Ball or Rotosound are involved :-)

Btw - I think you'll find it's about £80 too on the basis I'm pretty sure it's just the other end of the same keyboard.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.