The appreciate you dad thread.

Mine will be 80 soon. Mum died when I was 12 and our kid was 6; his life sort of stopped there; then I got married, my Brother started doing what all 17 years old do and he met someone else; They celebrate there Silver Wedding next week.

Thanks Dad for raising me to know Right from Wrong.

My dad had his first, and fatal, heart attack whilst we were watching City play Fenerbache in the European Cup at Maine Road in 1968, aged 48.
If you have to go, may it happen whilst you are doing something you love.
Thank you Dad, for introducing me to City in 1957, and for watching every game we did together until that fateful night.
Still miss you and, as always, will look up and say hello to you when we kick off at Wembley next month. X

I got into City when I was about 8 through my Dad who is a real tough old sod. He is proud of the fact that he was one of the 84000+ for the game against Stoke in 1934. He was shot down over Germany during the war and was a POW for 3 years. Even though he is 94 he still flies over to visit us here in USA a couple of times a year.

howlandblue said:
I got into City when I was about 8 through my Dad who is a real tough old sod. He is proud of the fact that he was one of the 84000+ for the game against Stoke in 1934. He was shot down over Germany during the war and was a POW for 3 years. Even though he is 94 he still flies over to visit us here in USA a couple of times a year.
jeez you should fly over to him a bit too

howlandblue wrote:

jeez you should fly over to him a bit too
I do. He loves it here and spends a couple of months at at time with us during the summer

Sorry for your loss, lost my dad two years ago after a very quick illness, he's the reason I'm a blue and for that I will always be thankful. He took me to Wembley in 1981 which I will always remember and I must admit on the way down to Wembley Saturday I was a little emotional with all the scarves out the window it brought back a lot of happy memories of away days in the past with him.
He was my first thought at the final whistle, will be a jibbering wreck when (if) we win the final,

RIP pal

Sorry for your loss mate.

I lost my dad only last year in March (some might remember my thread on it).

He was only 59 as well, died 3 months before his 60th... 4.5 months before his grandson, my son, was born.

Every time I hold my baby boy or cradle him to sleep I think of my Dad and how much it sucks that he never got to see my boy.

The one thing that keeps me sane is that he has witnessed that I have done well in Life and my mom keeps saying that he was dead proud of me.

My has very little interest in football only ever been to one game wth him but he is a proper Dad who took me and our kid to the City for my 12th birthday because we wanted to go. For the next few seasons he even came to town after the matches to pcik us up and take us home.

He also bought season tickets for us until we were working. We were blue but he is the reason we caught the match going bug and the subsequent fun going all over the place with a great set of mates. Ultimatley this also the reason that me and our kid are still close.

He is also the reason i will do the same for my kids (and nephews for that matter). The reason me and my lad shared such a great day on saturday was down to him - and moments like YAYAs` goal are priceless.

Thanks for this thread as its made me realise that 28 years on I have never really properly thanked him. He is never going to read or here about this thread so If we win the FA cup (and even if we dont) I am gonna make sure I say a great big thank you to him at the end of the season for giving us City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.