The appreciate you dad thread.

My dad (aged 52) is a United season ticket holder and has been for years (minus the time we lived in Australia).

He doesn't like City at all but that said, he's a good man and I overheard him on the phone to a City fan at weekend congratulating him and saying we deserve the final after all these years. He went to the final but was caught up in a large scuffle (not of his own doing, he isn't the type) where he fell over and someone trod on his hand, which has caused an infection and him to be very ill at the moment. He also missed the game because he, along with others there were dragged off to the cop shop although he was released without charge eventually.

When I was at a very low point in January, he came to the Blackpool game with me and was respectful, standing and clapping when the players came off, not betraying his United fandom even once.

fbloke said:
Having just lost my own dad to cancer I really do know now how much we should appreciate them whilst they are with us.

I hear and read how Zab and Roberto are spending time flying to an fro to be with their poorly dads as well.

It seems to me that too many of us dont know how important dads are to us.

So lets all take a minute and think about what our dads mean to us.

What gives you the impression too many of us don't know how important Dads are to us?!

My Dad took me to my first away game in the 80's and that was to Ewood to see City at Blackburn. We're going together on Monday there as well. Not been to an away game with him for years, so looking forward to it!

Lost my dad 3 years ago to cancer he was only 48 and he was blue through and through one of the best momories with him was wembley 99 so being at wembley on saturday was kind of hard at the final whistle i was buzzing obviously but then after a minuite i felt gutted as it dawned on me that the 1 person i wanted to call to share my joy was my dad and for the first time in 3 years since he passed it hit me hard anyone else feel the same on the day?

Miss my Dad all the time. He died in June 1998.

Was only able to follow football properly when he had to retire through ill health, he used to work every Saturday. He was to ill to attend normal matches but he always dropped me of and picked me up from Maine Road so he knew I would be safe. I used to take him, along with my Mum, to watch the reserves because we could park outside. Am proud to say that he died a Blue who, along with my Mum, I am sure is cheering us on from up above.

I have sympathy and understanding of what both Zaba and Mancini are going through, it is not easy when your parents are going through a very bad time with their health - you feel so helpless.

I wish i could appreciate my dad but he was a drunken wife beater and the reason my mum left manchester for brighton when i was 4yrs old.( i came with her obviously)
I will appreciate my mum instead ( god rest her) she was a blue and the reason im one.

my dad got me supporting city by refusing point blank to take me anywhere else. he's risked the wrath of my mam on many a new year by refusing to drink so that he could take me to a far flung away game on new year's day. these trips have included chelsea and newcastle. from about 98 onwards, we rarely get to watch a match together as we've both moved away from manchester so organise our own trips. the 2 matches we've been together for since then were Gillingham '99 and the semi final on saturday. nothing is a problem for him when it involves us going to watch the blues. he's happy to do all the driving while i sit and fill my face.

dad, you're a fucking star and if there's any chance of the final, we'll be there.

i lost my dad 18/2/08. aged 46.

he was a massive chelsea fan for some reason, and he loved football, thats why i love it aswell. he called my sister chelsea, had a few tattoos of vialli and zola ect, but for some reason i chose man city.

miss him so much, and think about him everyday

I will apologise in advance for a long post, so either read it or move on

Great thread fbloke and I've read it all with a tear in my eye

My father died on August 4th 2010 when I was in Vietnam. I'd sent the last three years or so caring for him off on and whilst still doing a quite demanding job a good distance from home. I often stayed with him a couple of times a week and spent so long in hospital wards/A & E/nursing homes in the last twelve months I may as well as owned one. Sometimes you wonder how you coped, but you just get on and do it.

Last week would have been his birthday. He took me to Maine Road, with his brothers, sisters' boyfriends and my grandad back in the early 60's. My grandad died in 68, what a year!
My dad took me to Newcastle 68, Wembley in 69,70,74 and 76. I took myself in 81 and 99.
My mother latched on in 70 and she would fill in when dad couldn't take me, and then we all started going together in the mid 70s. She also became a member of the exec of the Supporters Club and then they both became 'life' members.
Dad took me to Vienna when I was 11, having borrowed the £70 needed for fights and accommodation off my gran!
When my eldest was born my mother enrolled in the junior supporters club within 2 hours! Unfortunately my mum died less than six months later. Before she went she made my dad promise he would look after us all, and he did till his last few months. He always went to the home games, and traditionally to the Boxing Day away game. If I had no-one to go with me he'd come along for the ride. He hated the rags with a real passion, but never swore.
The first game without him was Liverpool in August, and me and the eldest spent virtually the whole game in tears.
I have worn his black and red scarf from our Vienna trip in 70 to every cup game this year including Saturday's, mine is still in my wardrobe. At the final whistle my daughter and I had a long hug and lots of tears whilst we remembered him and enjoyed our win.

I do miss him, I know my daughter misses him and we both love him dearly.
I just wish he could have been there with us last Saturday and on May 14th.

sorry to bore you all
back to the music association game..........

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.