The are we allowed the "it's quiet" thread yet? thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont think there is enough creativity in our midfield to warrant one more forward. As it is, we are loaded with AMs and talent upfront; Without a solid midfield, difficult to even get the ball to these talents in promising areas of the pitch. Unless we sign another certified playmaker, no point getting Lewa or Suarez; I think Pep is going to give our AMs more responsibility to link with midfield like he asked Silva & KdB to do against Arsenal (KdB did it better than Silva that game); And though matches could start with Fernandinho in DM and Stones in CB, wont be surprised to see Stones push forward into midfield and Fernandinho move back to cover for the CB position as Stones has better control, technique;

In the PL, I expect around 3-4 teams trying to press us with varying degrees of success; Obviously Klopp's system will give us most difficulty amongst pressing teams but as Pep showed in Bayern with Boateng, with the CB's diagonals/passes breaking the lines, the entire pressing zones of Klopp gets bypassed & his teams go into backfoot. And Klopp doesnt know much tactics outside counter-pressing. Thats what Pep will make his CBs, even FBs, DM do.

Amongst the rest of the teams that sit back, Pep has more than enough tactical nous to unbalance them;

Mou & Conte will try to mix up pressing & bus-parking in different games/moments. But Mou's ManUnited doesnt seem to be built for the press unless he plays all youth in the top 3-4 positions. Again, here, excited to see what new ideas Pep brings! Mou has obviously had lot of problem dealing with Pep's midfield circulation of the ball; Most excited to see how Conte will approach Pep as well.
Lets see...overall once all our players get most of Pep's ideas, it will be symphony :)

@johnmc

If anyone tries to claim that bollocks again, send them this:

Madrid sold 2m shirts last year in total, the highest sales in the world. So at £60 a pop that's £120m revenue.

It costs £12 to manufacture a football shirt. Let's be prudent and estimate £5 per shirt in shipping and logistics costs. 20% VAT and 30% retailers margin.

That leaves a net profit of £21m if you sell 2m shirts. I assume adidas are going to want some kind of return for their £75m a year, so that's not all going to United, if any of it.

But lets say adidas are giving you the £75m a year just for the exposure and United keep all profits from sales. You would have to have sold 10m shirts yesterday to pay for Pogba's transfer fee. 500% more sales in one day than Madrid sold in the entirety of last year.

Well, that's a new level of brainwash if you believe that. Think for yourself.
Excellent that's going to come in handy. Thanks mate

Dont think there is enough creativity in our midfield to warrant one more forward. As it is, we are loaded with AMs and talent upfront; Without a solid midfield, difficult to even get the ball to these talents in promising areas of the pitch. Unless we sign another certified playmaker, no point getting Lewa or Suarez; I think Pep is going to give our AMs more responsibility to link with midfield like he asked Silva & KdB to do against Arsenal (KdB did it better than Silva that game); And though matches could start with Fernandinho in DM and Stones in CB, wont be surprised to see Stones push forward into midfield and Fernandinho move back to cover for the CB position as Stones has better control, technique;

In the PL, I expect around 3-4 teams trying to press us with varying degrees of success; Obviously Klopp's system will give us most difficulty amongst pressing teams but as Pep showed in Bayern with Boateng, with the CB's diagonals/passes breaking the lines, the entire pressing zones of Klopp gets bypassed & his teams go into backfoot. And Klopp doesnt know much tactics outside counter-pressing. Thats what Pep will make his CBs, even FBs, DM do.

Amongst the rest of the teams that sit back, Pep has more than enough tactical nous to unbalance them;

Mou & Conte will try to mix up pressing & bus-parking in different games/moments. But Mou's ManUnited doesnt seem to be built for the press unless he plays all youth in the top 3-4 positions. Again, here, excited to see what new ideas Pep brings! Mou has obviously had lot of problem dealing with Pep's midfield circulation of the ball; Most excited to see how Conte will approach Pep as well.
Lets see...overall once all our players get most of Pep's ideas, it will be symphony :)

Looking forward to a great and even more competitive season and what will be, will be. Bring it on

Thing is if we do get a big name striker,is he gonna sit on the bench,and wait his turn,cause nobody would get in before Sergio,or an in form Kelechi,are we guaranteed to play 2 up top ?

I know if Bony does go (fingers crossed) we are gonna be light up top,but I think the big name scenario isn't gonna happen,but another forward,dare i say someone like Berahino as a squad player could come in maybe

Sané Can Play striker if needed, and we Also have Gabriel Jesus coming in January. I'm honestly not too worried if we sell Bony and don't get a new striker

P
Sané Can Play striker if needed, and we Also have Gabriel Jesus coming in January. I'm honestly not too worried if we sell Bony and don't get a new striker
perhaps not but didn't we lose aguero first game of the season s couple of years ago. I personally feel club know they have been misguided last couple of seasons and will not take chances this time around given the level of competition now. Expect a marquee signing, not had one yet. We have plenty of money and my guess is we'll make a statement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.