The are we allowed the "it's quiet" thread yet? thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

perhaps not but didn't we lose aguero first game of the season s couple of years ago. I personally feel club know they have been misguided last couple of seasons and will not take chances this time around given the level of competition now. Expect a marquee signing, not had one yet. We have plenty of money and my guess is we'll make a statement

Jesus Christ.

Even if Aguero did get a bad injury in the first few games, we'd still have a couple of weeks to find a replacement.

Jesus Christ.

Even if Aguero did get a bad injury in the first few games, we'd still have a couple of weeks to find a replacement.
Feel free to tell me your marquee signings, all excellent signing I grant you, but none of them are yet world class, most of them come with potential and little prem experience. Auguero is currently our only worldly, with Kevin not far behind. Personally I think we are light up top, and if we could secure another with a goal scoring record we would be unstoppable from the off.
Hand on heart you can't say that yet,

@johnmc

If anyone tries to claim that bollocks again, send them this:

Madrid sold 2m shirts last year in total, the highest sales in the world. So at £60 a pop that's £120m revenue.

It costs £12 to manufacture a football shirt. Let's be prudent and estimate £5 per shirt in shipping and logistics costs. 20% VAT and 30% retailers margin.

That leaves a net profit of £21m if you sell 2m shirts. I assume adidas are going to want some kind of return for their £75m a year, so that's not all going to United, if any of it.

But lets say adidas are giving you the £75m a year just for the exposure and United keep all profits from sales. You would have to have sold 10m shirts yesterday to pay for Pogba's transfer fee. 500% more sales in one day than Madrid sold in the entirety of last year.

Well, that's a new level of brainwash if you believe that. Think for yourself.

The Adidas top brass actually explained the deal once.. Basically they expect to sell £1.5bn worth of Utd shirts during ten years, during that time Utd will get £75m annually (£750m) and Adidas will pocket the rest less costs of course.

The Adidas top brass actually explained the deal once.. Basically they expect to sell £1.5bn worth of Utd shirts during ten years, during that time Utd will get £75m annually (£750m) and Adidas will pocket the rest less costs of course.
Let's see what happens if 5th again, someone may come knocking from the bank

Feel free to tell me your marquee signings, all excellent signing I grant you, but none of them are yet world class, most of them come with potential and little prem experience. Auguero is currently our only worldly, with Kevin not far behind. Personally I think we are light up top, and if we could secure another with a goal scoring record we would be unstoppable from the off.

Maybe my definition of marquee is different from yours. I think that the vast majority of our signings are players that any team in the world would have welcomed into their squad. I also think that that had to be the aim this summer - to replace a lot of older, under performing players - and not necessarily to sign a huge name (who often don't turn out to be the best players).

I wouldn't mind a striker, but I hardly think we're short there. Iheanacho deserves a proper shot after his performances last season, we've signed a couple of wingers who can play up top and younger strikers can often come in if needed and get a goal or two. I'm not sure Rashford is a technically fantastic player, but he certainly did a job for United last season. No reason some of our academy players can't make a similar impact. Same for Iwobi at Arsenal - more attacking positions tend to carry a bit less pressure.

Let's see what happens if 5th again, someone may come knocking from the bank

It's widely known that there are reduced terms to the adidas deal for each year they're out of CL football, that kicks in this year, hence spunking 100m plus on pogba... Jose was right, they were the only viable option for him, not because of prestige but because of the ridiculous amounts involved. Martin Blackburn is stating today in his chip paper column that United blew city and Madrid out of the water, comical shit!!

P

perhaps not but didn't we lose aguero first game of the season s couple of years ago. I personally feel club know they have been misguided last couple of seasons and will not take chances this time around given the level of competition now. Expect a marquee signing, not had one yet. We have plenty of money and my guess is we'll make a statement
Can you define marquee signing of £47.5m Stones and £40m Sane don't qualify?

No worries mate.

I've used it on 6 rag mates already and none of them have had an answer to it.
Where's your 2m figure from? There's an article from Sky last year about how Chelsea outsold United, but even so the figures were 3m shirts sold, with Barca at the top with about 3.6m.

Your point still stands I'm just not sure the numbers are water tight.

gundogan is world class, just because its a relatively low fee doesn't take away from his ability

Where's your 2m figure from? There's an article from Sky last year about how Chelsea outsold United, but even so the figures were 3m shirts sold, with Barca at the top with about 3.6m.

Your point still stands I'm just not sure the numbers are water tight.

Yeh I remember seeing that article on Sky that said Chelsea sold more shirts than the Shite. I did some digging around to see where they'd sourced those figures from and it was some obscure blog in South America, it wasn't a credible source.

The 2m figure is just based on an average of what national news outlets have reported of Real Madrid's sales over the last few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.