The are we allowed the "it's quiet" thread yet? thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I'm struggling with is that everyone on here said after the Chinese investment we would be getting a poster boy superstar to excite all those Asian fans and help us with our commercial side of the club. We had messi, pogba, Suarez, Neymar all coming.

So I ask who currently will be our poster boy? Too be fare Sergio probably needs a break now.

Just guessing, but maybe the people on here saying that were speculating rather than actually running the club. I'd much rather we develop Sterling, Sane, Jesus, Diaz etc into the poster boy than buy one

What I'm struggling with is that everyone on here said after the Chinese investment we would be getting a poster boy superstar to excite all those Asian fans and help us with our commercial side of the club. We had messi, pogba, Suarez, Neymar all coming.

So I ask who currently will be our poster boy? Too be fare Sergio probably needs a break now.

Wilf, obviously :)

Just guessing, but maybe the people on here saying that were speculating rather than actually running the club. I'd much rather we develop Sterling, Sane, Jesus, Diaz etc into the poster boy than buy one
Patience is the key I agree, but not sure the club would take that view. They will feel there are already 3 years behind schedule having not secured pep then. But hey ho we will see.

Well between all the reports saying he was for sale, the video of him lapping the training ground on his own and the music video combining him and drugs , I'd say yes.

A buyer is a different matter.

I think you see what you want to see or hear what you want to hear.

How credible was the source saying he was for sale? Twitter or gutter press I suspect
Him jogging around the training ground, what exactly have you seen there to suggest that is damning? he may have been warming down or doing anything for all we know
Was he seen taking drugs? or have you concluded that there is no smoke without fire or 2+2 = 5

Last training pictures I saw, he looked happy with himself and his team mates and a lot fitter.

Not saying what I have written is correct, but it is not beyond belief either.

Personally, I think (and hope) Nasri is here this season as it means we have a player who is motivated and a great footballer

I think you see what you want to see or hear what you want to hear.

How credible was the source saying he was for sale? Twitter or gutter press I suspect
Him jogging around the training ground, what exactly have you seen there to suggest that is damning? he may have been warming down or doing anything for all we know
Was he seen taking drugs? or have you concluded that there is no smoke without fire or 2+2 = 5

Last training pictures I saw, he looked happy with himself and his team mates and a lot fitter.

Not saying what I have written is correct, but it is not beyond belief either.

Personally, I think (and hope) Nasri is here this season as it means we have a player who is motivated and a great footballer

Am I correct in saying he wasn't in the CL squad for the upcoming playoff? That's quite damning. We know he isn't injured and if he still isn't fit then he would be up for sale if I was manager.

Nasri has had so many opportunities to prove himself. He is a huge talent but so was Balotelli. Mentality and attitude is crucial. James Milner wasn't blessed with the natural footballing talent Nasri has - he has worked his socks off to make it as a pro. If Nasri worked as hard he would be in our first team. He is so good on the ball and has an excellent shot and Pep would play him.

Coming back from preseason overweight isn't acceptable. He should have been keeping in generally decent shape. Yes rest, but as a pro you have to stay healthy even in the off season. When I'm off work I cant act unprofessionally or get arrested etc or I'm sacked. A pro footballer these days should be staying in decent health in summer. A jog once or twice a week would be fine, they can still enjoy the rest.

Not the best way to force your new manager to play you. Its also telling that he hasn't been played yet. He has clearly either still not got back in shape or fucked Pep off so much by not being in shape straight away that he has binned him.

As a 29 year old he should know better now. Id rather see a youngster given the chance to develop. He might not be as good technically as Nasri yet but if he works hard then he has my vote. For too long have we let these old core players coast in the squad without challenge. Getting younger lads in gives them a kick up the arse.

Am I correct in saying he wasn't in the CL squad for the upcoming playoff? That's quite damning. We know he isn't injured and if he still isn't fit then he would be up for sale if I was manager.

Nasri has had so many opportunities to prove himself. He is a huge talent but so was Balotelli. Mentality and attitude is crucial. James Milner wasn't blessed with the natural footballing talent Nasri has - he has worked his socks off to make it as a pro. If Nasri worked as hard he would be in our first team. He is so good on the ball and has an excellent shot and Pep would play him.

Coming back from preseason overweight isn't acceptable. He should have been keeping in generally decent shape. Yes rest, but as a pro you have to stay healthy even in the off season. When I'm off work I cant act unprofessionally or get arrested etc or I'm sacked. A pro footballer these days should be staying in decent health in summer. A jog once or twice a week would be fine, they can still enjoy the rest.

Not the best way to force your new manager to play you. Its also telling that he hasn't been played yet. He has clearly either still not got back in shape or fucked Pep off so much by not being in shape straight away that he has binned him.

As a 29 year old he should know better now. Id rather see a youngster given the chance to develop. He might not be as good technically as Nasri yet but if he works hard then he has my vote. For too long have we let these old core players coast in the squad without challenge. Getting younger lads in gives them a kick up the arse.

The non inclusion from the CL list might be because pep wanted to fire a shot across his bows, who knows, and that is just the CL qual list.

What you say is correct insofar as coming back ill prepared and it looks like Pep has addressed that and he now looks fit.

There is no evidence to suggest pep has "binned him", there is evidence to suggest that Pep has demanded he get himself in shape, and that looks to have happened. Any reason why you didn't answer any of the points I raised with you?

Why? Pep clearly doesn't want/need him. Which mean that if he stays here...even if motivated, he is only going to rot in the stands. I doubt he would even be registered in the PL squad, let alone CL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.