The Ashes 2010/2011 thread

JoeMercer'sWay said:
waspish said:
I think we could get away with 5 down by end of play with a 70 to 85 lead! then bat till dinner tomorrow and that could make it safe_ish

depends who's in, if it's a Bell or a Strauss then yeah, but if it's Colly and Prior or KP and Prior coming in tomorrow I see us losing 3/4 wickets in the opening session because of the way they play(and Colly's form is appalling).

Yeah u could be right but KP and Prior score quickly and every run u get the more you are making it harder for the ausies to win

waspish said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
depends who's in, if it's a Bell or a Strauss then yeah, but if it's Colly and Prior or KP and Prior coming in tomorrow I see us losing 3/4 wickets in the opening session because of the way they play(and Colly's form is appalling).

Yeah u could be right but KP and Prior score quickly and every run u get the more you are making it harder for the ausies to win
yeah but that also means less time at the crease when they get themselves out for 30/40.

Least if it's strauss, cook or bell you know their strike rate will only be 40/50 ish so you're eating up time for the same number of runs.

If KP turns round and smacks 150 I'll be delighted and we'll be fine, he just hasn't done it for a while.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
waspish said:
yeah but that also means less time at the crease when they get themselves out for 30/40.

Least if it's strauss, cook or bell you know their strike rate will only be 40/50 ish so you're eating up time for the same number of runs.

If KP turns round and smacks 150 I'll be delighted and we'll be fine, he just hasn't done it for a while.
But "on his day" he's awesome.

God I hate that phrase.

Looking comfortable so far, but there's no way we can get a draw from this unless the weather does us a huge favour.

Ric said:
Looking comfortable so far, but there's no way we can get a draw from this unless the weather does us a huge favour.
excuse me? a draw? we are absolutely easily gonna draw this, in fact at around 5 in the morning monday, with the aussies 5 down they are gonna have to tough it out just to get one!!! easy easy easy

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.