The Ashes 2010/2011 thread

JoeMercer'sWay said:
can only lose 3 wickets max today imo to stay in this test.

Should be looking to have an 80/100 run lead with a couple of batsmen in or waiting to come in by the end of the day so we can bat to about tea tomorrow and have enough to stop the Aussies having a chance.

I think we could get away with 5 down by end of play with a 70 to 85 lead! then bat till dinner tomorrow and that could make it safe_ish

whats the lowest lead we can defend ? hoping for at least a 150 lead,that gives us summet to defend, then with a bit of luck (which we didnt get lastnite) gives us a shouting<br /><br />-- Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:06 am --<br /><br />
weejh said:
whats the lowest lead we can defend ? hoping for at least a 150 lead,that gives us summet to defend, then with a bit of luck (which we didnt get lastnite) gives us a shouting
just wanted to add that the pitch nor the bowling seems too bad and take that spell from siddell we have been comfortable

weejh said:
whats the lowest lead we can defend ? hoping for at least a 150 lead,that gives us summet to defend, then with a bit of luck (which we didnt get lastnite) gives us a shouting

A chance to win or save the game?
To win we need to be at least 150 lead after today and at least 5 down(can't c that) save the game at least 5 down with a 70 to 80 lead Tonight then bat till dinner with 2 wickets down maks

waspish said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
can only lose 3 wickets max today imo to stay in this test.

Should be looking to have an 80/100 run lead with a couple of batsmen in or waiting to come in by the end of the day so we can bat to about tea tomorrow and have enough to stop the Aussies having a chance.

I think we could get away with 5 down by end of play with a 70 to 85 lead! then bat till dinner tomorrow and that could make it safe_ish

depends who's in, if it's a Bell or a Strauss then yeah, but if it's Colly and Prior or KP and Prior coming in tomorrow I see us losing 3/4 wickets in the opening session because of the way they play(and Colly's form is appalling).

i know i shouldnt say this, but we do look comfortable, dont seem much in the pitch or the bowling?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.