The battle for 3rd place

Kolarov and Delph are still likely to be here. So that's a given.

He over complicates things at times. Why not play Sané and Sterling on the wings when Middlesbrough are gonna have 10 men behind the ball?

Guardiola is not blameless. I expected more from him to be honest. It's disappointing given the start.

The goalkeeping situation was a disaster. but transfers are a risk. We then lost Kompany, and all the full backs are patently past it. We then lost Jesus. So in those circumstances, what can the coach do? Arguably we've outperformed, rather than underperformed. I doubt any club has ever finished top 4 with such major problems

I can't agree that we have outperformed.

It's a minimum target for City.

This team is way past its sell by date. Why should we be challenging for the title when we have a keeper that most fans laugh at, our captain has missed 3/4 of the season, our talisman of previous seasons, Toure has grown old, and our best signing has played a handful of games. We have no good full backs. We have had to resort to playing an out and out winger at full back. We're in between teams. That isn't Guardiola's fault. It's the failure of past signings like Mangala, Bony, Otamendi.

Sterling and Kev aren't scoring enough goals either Marvin- it's not just the old guard who are to blame , in actual fact Silva, Aguero and Yaya have been our better players this season .

Sterling and Kev aren't scoring enough goals either Marvin- it's not just the old guard who are to blame , in actual fact Silva, Aguero and Yaya have been our better players this season .

i said this before we kicked a ball that in particular sterling along with other players don't score enough.....i said we needed another striker as it would take time for Sane and Jesus to bed in (It has taken time for Sane but GJ looks like he is flying - but we can expect the normal drop of that happens in young players)........

Im worried we will sell sergio and not replace his goals ....sterling as much as he has improved will never be a goal scorer and neither will silva....kdb has looked really poor in this new system that Pep has and Yaya is gone.......so there will be a lot of pressure next year on Sane and GJ to score lots if we don't add another striker into the mix (Sanchez?)

Having said that will Sanchez be as good as Kun - i think he is a cracking player but Im not convinced..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.