The battle for 3rd place

I'm not sure why so many on here are confident we will achieve top 4 (this was my guess at the start of the season by the way).

Our home form in the league has been abysmal (7 draws, 8 wins and 1 loss), the kind of results Mark Hughes was sacked for eventually and scoring only 27 goals at home is atrocious for the attacking forwards and midfielders we have.

I'm not confident we will win all of our remaining 3 home games, not with the way the whole team seems to have lost it's drive and creativity, we seem to just plod along in lots of games with sideways passing and slow tempo build ups and find it impossible to break down teams who only come to defend at home.

For me even top 4 is a serious doubt, if we drop out of the top 4, then as far as I'm concerned Pep is definitely not as good as I thought he was, a team of this quality, even with all it's current faults, should not be struggling to achieve a top 4 place this season. Therefore the blame has to be with the manager himself.

I'm not sure why so many on here are confident we will achieve top 4 (this was my guess at the start of the season by the way).

Our home form in the league has been abysmal (7 draws, 8 wins and 1 loss), the kind of results Mark Hughes was sacked for eventually and scoring only 27 goals at home is atrocious for the attacking forwards and midfielders we have.

I'm not confident we will win all of our remaining 3 home games, not with the way the whole team seems to have lost it's drive and creativity, we seem to just plod along in lots of games with sideways passing and slow tempo build ups and find it impossible to break down teams who only come to defend at home.

For me even top 4 is a serious doubt, if we drop out of the top 4, then as far as I'm concerned Pep is definitely not as good as I thought he was, a team of this quality, even with all it's current faults, should not be struggling to achieve a top 4 place this season. Therefore the blame has to be with the manager himself.
Because we are 4th, and there are only 4 games to go and they are much easier than Utd's games who also have the Europa League. We also have Kompany back now, and Jesus. That should make us stronger. I know we struggled today, but it was the 3rd game in 8 days. We now have time to recover and regroup. Whilst we might not win all our remaining games, I think we will pick up more points than Utd, and Arsenal are 6 points behind even if they have a game in hand.

Just a reminder that we're currently 4th, and haven't really dropped out of the top 4 all season.

They were shit yesterday against Burnley. Hopefully they're already on the beach

They've also beaten bin dippers away, Chelsea away and Arsenal. We all know how teams love to turn up all of a sudden when they play us. Remember boro? The team that struggles to score goals? We let them score 2 goals...Palace are more dangerous going forward and zaha and benteke have picked up a bit of form...I wouldn't be surprised if we dropped points, we're wank!

They've also beaten bin dippers away, Chelsea away and Arsenal. We all know how teams love to turn up all of a sudden when they play us. Remember boro? The team that struggles to score goals? We let them score 2 goals...Palace are more dangerous going forward and zaha and benteke have picked up a bit of form...I wouldn't be surprised if we dropped points, we're wank!

Appreciate all that mate but all those results happened when they were desperate for points. Palace now have got nothing to play for... makes a big difference.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.