The battle for 4th place

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bottom line is this forum is littered with arseholes who haven't got a fucking clue what supporting your team is about. Spoilt little brats. I for one can't wait for the season to end and can't see us getting fourth. It's painful to watch. But so fucking what. We've got the best manager in the world coming. To city. Yes that's right.... To city!!! No point arguing with these no brains mate. You'll just get abuse from some spotty, jezza kyle watching key board warriors!
Its been desperately disappointing. We all know and can see it. I suppose as in life in general if people have someone to blame then they are satisfied. Doesn't mean they are right though. Time will tell if all will be utopia next season.

You're absolutely right Pell, go back to the end of the 2013 season and it will be like deja vu, Mancini inners vs outers back then anyone was better than Mancini according to some, now I'm reading revisionist stories about how Pel in his first season actually benefitted from Mancini's organisation and winning the double was actually nothing to do with Pellers. It wouldn't surprise me if some of those fans were the ones calling for Mancini's head.

It's revisionism of the highest degree. Like you, I always prefer to look at the glass half full, if any entrepreneur had these fans mentality they would never have got anywhere. It's just self defeating, but I've long accepted you will never get through to some of these fans, their brains are hardwired to look at the doomsday options.
Repent, repent...the end is nigh!!

Bottom line is this forum is littered with arseholes who haven't got a fucking clue what supporting your team is about. Spoilt little brats. I for one can't wait for the season to end and can't see us getting fourth. It's painful to watch. But so fucking what. We've got the best manager in the world coming. To city. Yes that's right.... To city!!! No point arguing with these no brains mate. You'll just get abuse from some spotty, jezza kyle watching key board warriors!
You mean you disagree with them therefore they are wrong. It's nothing to do with being arseholes, more to do with wanting the club to be the best it can be, and we are clearly underachieving with the current squad.
I've supported the team through thick, thin and very thin and I think the negativity of the current situation is worth commenting on. Honest appraisal is not being an arsehole - blindly accepting the shit we've seen for too much of this season is, as is assuming everybody who disagrees has "no brains" or "spotty, jezza kyle watching keyboard warriors".
More to the point, I've yet to see a reasoned argument as to why we'll finish 4th. KDB and Nasri may be returning but it will take a while for them to get full match fitness and we're without Vince, Sterling, Otto etc.

More to the point, I've yet to see a reasoned argument as to why we'll finish 4th. KDB and Nasri may be returning but it will take a while for them to get full match fitness and we're without Vince, Sterling, Otto etc.

Well one reason could be Yaya. For 28 games pretty much, he's played like he couldn't give a shit. But for whatever reason, for the past 2 or 3, he's looked like he was busting a gut to try to win it.

He's that good he can win games for us on his own if he can be arsed. If he maintains this more recent attitude and we keep Aguero fit, we have a chance.

Well one reason could be Yaya. For 28 games pretty much, he's played like he couldn't give a shit. But for whatever reason, for the past 2 or 3, he's looked like he was busting a gut to try to win it.

He's that good he can win games for us on his own if he can be arsed. If he maintains this more recent attitude and we keep Aguero fit, we have a chance.
Yaya has definitely stepped up a level in recent weeks, whether he still has it in him, physically, to drag us through a premier league run in like he has done in the past is another matter. Hopefully he can.

Lol. Ironically that reply reads like it's been written by some spotty, jezza Kyle watching keyboard warrior.
I'm sure you're not though..

You mean you disagree with them therefore they are wrong. It's nothing to do with being arseholes, more to do with wanting the club to be the best it can be, and we are clearly underachieving with the current squad.
I've supported the team through thick, thin and very thin and I think the negativity of the current situation is worth commenting on. Honest appraisal is not being an arsehole - blindly accepting the shit we've seen for too much of this season is, as is assuming everybody who disagrees has "no brains" or "spotty, jezza kyle watching keyboard warriors".

^ This is what the voice of reason looks like ^

I love people who find it difficult to tell the difference between match day and non match day.

Some fair comments. I would argue though that "the greatest squad" is a bit of a myth. On paper, we look to have a terrific squad but many like to reminisce back to a couple of seasons ago when we were the muts nuts. As you rightly point out, many players have regressed (you and many others would point to Pellers for that), I believe there is some truth in that, but also, some have gone past their sell by date and others have had poorer attitudes. IMHO injuries have played a massive part in our shortcomings this season, and with Pellers self announcing his own P45 earlier, it's not surprising things are looking bad at the moment.

Not sure we have reached the top echelons. I believe we have had foreplay, but not quite climaxed there yet

At the end of the day, we are all on the same side and rooting for us to get where we all want to be. I personally believe pep is a significant upgrade, but do believe he will struggle in his first season, and not because of what he is inheriting from Pellers, but because of the players we have not being in their prime anymore. If he brings in more than 4 or 5 newbies, it will take time for a new team to bed in, particularly with the disruption of the Euros.

I also agree, the matchday experience has been a lot poorer this season.
Matchday experience not great for sometime now. Also agree that we need to scale down our expectations for next season. It will not be easy for Pep given the amount of change needed. Notwithstanding Pellers mismanagement, the fact remains that a lot of the squad are either going over the top or not good enough. What I do hope for however is a fit for purpose flexible system and a degree of effort and work rate from the players that will energise us and give us hope that we have started back on an upwards trajectory rather than the stagnation and decline that has come to characterise Pellers tenure

Haha, brilliant! I've not even seen the words "he's a good manager" said with real meaning for two years, so nobody has called him a genius!

I'm not a doom and gloom merchant and still believe we might get 4th spot. However, I just don't buy into this notion that we are only one good performance/result away from turning the corner. The reality is that we are just as likely to continue rolling with the punches to seasons end then getting a grip of things and putting in a strong finish. I think the first week back after the break could prove crucial. A defeat down in Bournemouth may prove to be a bridge to far with respect to CL aspirations. With the PSG match on the horizon one wonders where both the managers and players minds may really be ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.