The battle for 4th place

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah so a snidey dig at me, is it?

I suppose you're right but the rags have stuffed their way to wins against the decent teams this year. . .

I just can't believe we're only a point in front of them and having to worry about them. Because they really are shite. Just flukey!

Also West Ham have given us a bit of breathing space with them unexpectedly dropping points yesterday. . .

West Ham's run in:

Arsenal (H)
Leicester (A)
Watford (H)
WBA (A)
Swansea (H)
United (H)
Stoke (A)

Certainly not an easy run in, and 3 (arguably 4 with GD) points off the pace currently; whilst I think they're probably most deserving of 4th to be honest, I think they could struggle now. Can see them picking up 10-14 points most likely.

United's run in:

Spurs (A)
Villa (H)
Palace (H)
Leicester (H)
Norwich (A)
West Ham (A)
Bournemouth (H)

Spurs, Leicester & West Ham obviously not easy, but Villa, Palace, Norwich & Bournemouth are arguably (replace Norwich with Sunderland/Newcastle) the 4 teams you'd hand pick at the moment to play. Have to think there's at least 12 points coming from that run for United; and probably sneak at least 1 point from the other 3 matches, so 13+ would be my guess. Could be relying on Norwich to upset them again (B'mouth have nothing to play for as we saw against us, and Villa are hopeless).

City's run in:

WBA (H)
Chelsea (A)
Newcastle (A)
Stoke (H)
Sot'on (A)
Arsenal (H)
Swansea (A)

We've been almost entirely predictable this season, beat the lower teams, struggle away & lose to any decent opposition. If we follow that pattern we end up with 12-13 points from that run (WLWWLDW). What I would say that could be in our favour is that out of those teams only Arsenal are still competing for anything; and even they may well be safely in 4th & mathematically out of the title race by the time we play.

Luckily our goal difference could count as an extra point over both WH & United, as it wouldn't surprise me if we end on even points with United come the end.

We definitely need a favour from Tottenham next weekend, yet strangely if they drop points to United,and Arsenal don’t beat West Ham, then we could find ourselves looking upwards.

Assuming we beat West Brom of course.

Charming from a 68 year old bloke.
Do you wear a long coat and have some puppies too?
Like I said not a fuckin chance you're a city fan, full of shite mate.

There is little evidence that you are a human being but you can type - unfortunately !

You shouldn't judge others by your own low standards !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.