The battle for 4th place

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see it that way. All the Filth I work with were absolutely resigned to Europa League about a month or two ago, now they have hope, and they see it as a huge achievement in being only one point behind us. I've not spoken to one of them who actually thinks they are as good as they were 10 years ago, they're just giddy about getting top 4 and also quite giddy about the youngsters coming through (regardless of the reason for that). I actually agree with them. If they beat us to 4th I think it would be a huge achievement for them, and absolute shame on us.

I would imagine they would take great pleasure in securing 4th at our expense! We need to make sure it doesn't happen.

I don't see it that way. All the Filth I work with were absolutely resigned to Europa League about a month or two ago, now they have hope, and they see it as a huge achievement in being only one point behind us. I've not spoken to one of them who actually thinks they are as good as they were 10 years ago, they're just giddy about getting top 4 and also quite giddy about the youngsters coming through (regardless of the reason for that). I actually agree with them. If they beat us to 4th I think it would be a huge achievement for them, and absolute shame on us.
After years of them bragging to us about winning cup after cup and league after league to hear them creaming their knickers about only being a point behind us seems a bit strange and very two faced. They are the world worst hypocrites and rightly so, they've been used to success and the rags I know still sound off like they're top dog. Horses for courses pal.

In a normal season I wouldn't be worried

The team have lost my trust and only a few good wins on bounce will get it back , Jesus two wins back to back would be a start ...

I want this season over with, lots to look forward to in the next one , failing to get fourth would seriously dampen that optimism

Failing to get 4th would not be good. I think we will win next week. West Brom are on the beach just like Bournemouth were yesterday. Sunderland had 23 attempts to their three yesterday. It's Chelsea away that will give us problems as it almost always does.

If we play like yesterday there is nothing to worry about.

And there in is the problem. We have no consistency.

The last time we won back to back Premier League matches was October.. That's shockingly poor for the squad we have. Every time we have a result like yesterday we follow it up by dropping points. Let's hope West Brom at home is the day we finally break that trend.

Last edited:
And there in is the problem. We have none, zero, zilch consistency.

The last time we won back to back Premier League matches was October.. That's shockingly poor for the squad we have. Every time we have a result like yesterday we follow it up by dropping points. Let's hope West Brom at home is the day we finally break that trend.
I'll be doing this....

....IF we beat west Brom.

Failing to get 4th would not be good. I think we will win next week. West Brom are on the beach just like Bournemouth were yesterday. Sunderland had 23 attempts to their three yesterday. It's Chelsea away that will give us problems as it almost always does.

Newcastle away is a dangerous game for us.
They are way overdue a result and it would be no surprise for them to achieve it when we rock up.
That with Chelsea away along with Southampton and Arsenal also it is doubtful we will finish in 4th spot.
Sad but true.

It has everything to do with it.. a 68 year old fella doesn't post on a forum with the grammar he does. Do you know many 70 year old blokes? They aren't exactly gadget savvy are they? Have you read his posts? It's hilarious he's hoodwinked you all. You lot can walk with the blindman but my eyes are wide fuckin open.

I've never even noticed him mate. Just wondered why you keep mentioning his age.

After yesterday i have renewed belief we will finish in the top 4. In fact I think it's not beyond to get third.

However then reality kicks in and the simple fact of the matter is we haven't won back to back games since October.

The WBA will be a huge indicator as to how things may pan out.

It's the first time in a long while since I've actually enjoyed watching City in the league. That has to be an Omen? Come on City!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.