The best albums of 2010, in your opinion.

carlos tevez is a blue said:
MCFC BOB said:
With all due repsect, I disagree so much.

What will it be then?
I actually meant all three.

I can't tell you what the best album of 2011 will be, but I know what it won't be. 30 Seconds to Mars, to me, are just not that wonderful. "The Kill" and "Kings & Queens" are really good songs, but the band itself don't stand out as anything special or do anything for me. They're a good band, don't get me wrong, and I've heard they're pretty decent live, but there are better bands out there waiting to release better albums.

As for Linkin Park and Eminem's efforts this year...

I can't pass much comment on Eminem's album this year as I avoid him at all costs, but Linkin Park's album was an incredible disappointment. I was excited that they would combine metal and electro, and I prayed that they'd do a good job. But I don't think they did. Maybe if they continue with this style, they'll get better at it, but for now I think they should continue trying to appeal to ten year olds who dont shower. "What I've Done" and "In the End" are great songs, though.

MCFC BOB said:
What will it be then?

I can't tell you what the best album of 2011 will be, but I know what it won't be. 30 Seconds to Mars, to me, are just not that wonderful. "The Kill" and "Kings & Queens" are really good songs, but the band itself don't stand out as anything special or do anything for me. They're a good band, don't get me wrong, and I've heard they're pretty decent live, but there are better bands out there waiting to release better albums.

As for Linking Park and Eminem's efforts this year...

I can't pass much comment on Eminem's album this year as I avoid him at all costs, but Linkin Park's album was an incredible disappointment. I was excited that they would combine metal and electro, and I prayed that they'd do a good job. But I don't think they did. Maybe if they continue with this style, they'll get better at it, but for now I think they should continue trying to appeal to ten year olds who dont shower. "What I've Done" and "In the End" are great songs, though.

For the catalyst alone it is up their.The scripts new stuff is pretty good.Have you heard Hurricane by 30 seconds to mars ft Kanye West?

MCFC BOB said:

As for Linking Park and Eminem's efforts this year...

For the catalyst alone it is up their.The scripts new stuff is pretty good.Have you heard Hurricane by 30 seconds to mars ft Kanye West?
The Catalyst was the worst one on the album for me. The Blackout was good, though.

I'm not a massive fan of The Script. Their first album was pretty good. It was just a bit basic and a desperate attempt to be as radio-friendly as possible. I felt that it stifled their actual talent. I've not listened to much of their new stuff, but I've heard the song (I think it's called) "Nothing", and that was alright.

Yes, I have heard that song. It doesn't do anything for me whatsoever. 30 Seconds to Mars and Paramore seem to be following the same path - decent success with their first albums, and then they team up with popular artists out of their genre to get famous. I don't like it when that happens, and it really shows the band up.

I think we just have different tastes in music. I used to listen to Paramore, 3OH!3, 30 Seconds to Mars, Metro Station and All Time Low. I used to be some sort of emo-style kid who was against the mainstream world. But one day I looked at my iTunes and thought: "What the hell?! This is crap!" and over 2010, my musical taste has gone through a massive rework, and I'm proud of myself. It might sound big headed to you and everyone who reads this, but I believe I have the best taste in music on this forum. That's because I love the bands I listen to, and no matter what anyone says, I'll stick to that. I have an "ecclectic musical taste", as described by the forum's own user - Aphex.

I still hate the majority of mainstream music; Jason Derulo, Cheryl Cole, Eminem, B.O.B etc. but I like some of it too; Gorillaz, The xx, Crystal Castles etc. But I'm glad I like what I do now.

I like anything that sounds good to my ears, even if it absolute utter shit, I know it is, but it sounds good to me so I'll listen to it. I'm a fan of Bob Dylan, but then I like some Lil Wayne stuff, just works like that.

I do agree with you though, Paramore, 3OH!3, Metro Station and ATL are crap, even if you weren't refering to them, I think they're crap. I do like 30 STM though and will be interested to hear this 2011 album, as I thought 'This Is War' was a let down.

Exit Calm
The National - High Violet
The XX
Delphic - Acolyte

Only stand outs for this year, Foals deserve a mention as well. Nothing has stood out and grabbed me since Arctic Monkeys debut to be honest.

One band that'll be huge in 2011 is the Vaccines. Great sound. Released their first single Wreckin' Bar this year. Can't wait for the album. Also, Manchester lad Danny Mahon set to release his debut album sometimes in 2011. I urge anyone to keep an eye open for him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.