The BIG 6

Why would people say there's a big 6?

KieranPremValues-4.jpg

Because there's a big 6. That's why. They called it a big 6 when United finished 2nd as well.
To produce a graph into an argument already shows you are clutching at straws

They did. Search for Top 6 and you'll find plenty to do with 17/18 when United were second. It will become a top 7 if someone bridges the revenue gap to 6th.

And if 4 teams bridge it so they're on a similar financial footing to the top 6 it's be a top 10.

So you think its based on revenue lol. What's the criteria as Spurs are as close to Everton, West Ham and Newcastle as they are to United?

Can I refer you to post yesterday?

David 'El Mago' Silva said:
I reckon Wolves will finish 6th, united 7th and the phrase "The Big 7" will be coined by Martin Tyler.

My reply:

We have had the big 5, the top 2, the top 4 and now the top 6 over the course of the last 30 odd years. It is like looking at the rise and fall of the rags.
wont be long until its the "big 10" cant have the rags and dippers out of the limelight

Look at the fucking graph.
If you are referring to "your graph" then you`ve not understood the context of the OP and Beebs quotes,which clearly means breaking into the previous top 6 PL positions and NOTHING at all to do with finances.
"The 'Big Six' of the Premier League - Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United and Tottenham - have claimed the top six as their own for the past three seasons.

But with some of those sides facing problems and the clubs below them looking threatening, could their dominance come to an end in 2019-20?

Manchester City and Liverpool are expected to remain a cut above the rest, but which clubs have a realistic chance of breaking the established order at the top of the Premier League, which ones are vulnerable - and why?"

No thanks, Top 2, 4 etc was always referenced by league position. Top 6 is now an extension only created to accommodate the Rags decline.

I think you'll find if you look back it was actually always financial. The top 4 were the top 4 every year because the CL gave them so much more money to reinvest.

The difference was because they were so far ahead, financial = league position.

Now there's more parity at the top, positions are less predictable, but the 200m gap between 7th and 6th shows a distinct cut off between teams who "should" be challenging for the title and teams who have no chance.

Last edited:
I think you'll find if you look back it was actually always financial. The top 4 were the top 4 every year because the CL gave them so much more money to reinvest.

Not true. Liverpool only qualified 10/18 times via league position since it was extended to 4 teams.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.