The BIG 6

Not true. Liverpool only qualified 10/18 times via league position since it was extended to 4 teams.

7 of those 8 misses were after we'd arrived and killed the Top 4 era (By Bridging the financial gap).

And it was still top 4 not fucking top 5.

It wasn't though? We broke the Top 4 and there were a few years of flux as Liverpool had their Roy Hodgson period, Moysey tried his best to tank United, Mourinho guided Chelsea to 10th and Leicester won the league, Everton stopped getting close and now things have settled into a Top 6.

I wonder if you were crying about the invention of the Top 4 when it had been a Top 2 previously?

Anyone who looks at the Premier League in 2019 can see there are 6 big clubs on a different financial planet to everyone else. There are 6 clubs whose fans expect to be in the Champions League every season, and expect title challenges.

It wasn't though? We broke the Top 4 and there were a few years of flux as Liverpool had their Roy Hodgson period, Leicester won the league, Everton stopped getting close and now things have settled into a Top 6.

I wonder if you were crying about the invention of the Top 4 when it had been a Top 2 previously?

Crying, I'm not arsed. I just thought you looked a tit with your bar chart trying to justify the new top 6 based on revenue when its clearly due to the Rags demise.

Anyway your never wrong attitude precedes you (as discussed in another thread) so I'll leave it there.

Crying, I'm not arsed. I just thought you looked a tit with your bar chart trying to justify the new top 6 based on revenue when its clearly due to the Rags demise.

Anyway your never wrong attitude precedes you (as discussed in another thread) so I'll leave it there.

It's not based on United's demise, it's based on the change that's happened across the league. Yes, part of that is United not winning every other season, but much more important is our ascension to the top of English football and Spurs managing to get in the group.

You're so consumed with this bitterness about United not being excluded from the Top 4 like you feel they should that you can't even look at the obvious fact it's because there isn't a top 4 anymore. It doesn't exist.

Here's another reason there's a top 6 -

The last 15 years. 61 Champions League places. 60 have gone to the top 6.

Don’t care what anybody says in the media for years it’s been the top four( especially since the inception of the prem league) but since the demise of them by us who smashed the premise of the elite it’s wherever the rags finish that denotes the thing.

Don’t care what anybody says in the media for years it’s been the top four( especially since the inception of the prem league) but since the demise of them by us who smashed the premise of the elite it’s wherever the rags finish that denotes the thing.

Clear as day but apparently the term Top 6 has been around for years, I must have missed it prior to 2017.

Don’t care what anybody says in the media for years it’s been the top four( especially since the inception of the prem league)

Well that's just not true. It wasn't the Top 4 until Chelsea arrived ~2004.

Before that you had Newcastle and Leeds kicking around and no one's ever considered them part of the Top 4.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.