The BIG 6

top 6 for me its a scam ?? and anything outside the top 4 and champions league football should be just that another premier league club ?? stop trying to candy coat united and arsenal for their failures in this so called top 6 crap

for me their is only one team every season that should be held in the bracket of champions and the other 19 teams are just that, stop grouping teams in something that is not really their, even stop giving some sort of glory for finishing 2nd to 6th place and praising teams in the champions league and europa league its false praise and not winning silverware

liverpool arsenal united chelsea lived on being something that is not real for years and years ?? 1 winner 3 losers all getting the same prize of champions league football ??, it was a money go round that's why nobody cared if united won the league all the time because they all got the same glory of champions league football, and this is why even winning the premier league manchester city earned less money than united that can not be right for football

sadly manchester city have fallen into the trap and now ?? and we see our beloved team as a top 4 club nailed on every season, but so what if we finish 6th and win the europa league we are getting the same prize of the premier champions ??? i hate this sort of football glory for something not real its the united way

If you are referring to "your graph" then you`ve not understood the context of the OP and Beebs quotes,which clearly means breaking into the previous top 6 PL positions and NOTHING at all to do with finances.
"The 'Big Six' of the Premier League - Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United and Tottenham - have claimed the top six as their own for the past three seasons.

But with some of those sides facing problems and the clubs below them looking threatening, could their dominance come to an end in 2019-20?

Manchester City and Liverpool are expected to remain a cut above the rest, but which clubs have a realistic chance of breaking the established order at the top of the Premier League, which ones are vulnerable - and why?"

Aye. So when they mean break into the top 6, they mean on a football basis. Not suddenly grow their finances.

The way I now see it, it was the top 4 then city and spurs smashed it up and it has never recovered and that is a good thing. It was unhealthy having the top 4 champs league positions sewn up. Now it is a question of getting into the top 4 and that is much better for English football.

When did it become the BIG 6? As far as I can remember it was always the top four. Maybe a certain team going through a "transition" has changed things?http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49165976
You say “it was always the top four” but it’s only been the top four since 2002. Before then only three teams qualified for the CL for three years, before 1999 it was only two teams.

Before then people used to say top 6, don’t know why.

Before then, it was the “Big 5”.

Back in 1990 Liverpool Arsenal United Everton and Spurs (known at the “Big 5”, the first time I remember a “Big...” anything being mentioned) all tried to strike a TV deal with ITV and then Sky for those five clubs to share 75% of the deal and the other 19 teams to share the remaining 25%.

People have been saying “top 6” again for about three years now. And I agree with it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.