The Bosnian Diamond changed the game - Dzeko is the man

Re: Edin dzeko

At the end of the day we dont have a lot of choice until the summer.

We need to play with a target man to allow the 'three' behind to do their stuff. Dzeko is the only one who can do this.

He is a confidence player who suffers from the silly rotation business. He seems very committed to the cause, a nice guy, and proud to wear the shirt. PLUS he scores his fair share of goals - what's not to like?

We need to get behind Edin, he seems to lack a bit of confidence, do an early cross occasionally to mix it up, instead of keep passing until an opening.

Teams seem to mass defend against us and we do need to counteract this.

I think it's safe to say we won't see goals out of the frequency he scored at wolfsburg, but even with inconsistent form and some time on the bench he's scoring a decent amount. They're not many big men up top who can do what he does, so he's a valuable asset to the squad.
I don't think he's a player we need to worry about- he stays out of trouble, has a good attitude, and scores goals.

larderland said:
im not his biggest fan but.....

he has played 28 competitive games this year

scored 15 and assisted in 7

Kun Aguero

has played 31 competitve games for us this year and scored 17 goals with 5 assists.

now aguero is adored on this forum and never gets abuse unlike dzeko.im not a dzeko fan boy,iv criticized him enough but after seeing those stats dzeko isnt doing too badly considering aguero starts ahead of him the majority of games....

So what you mean is people should give more criticisms to Aguero??
Strange.

Kun is still adapting and he will be better and better.
Dzeko is ok but he should improve the skill of controlling the ball and movement.
As a city fan, I support them both. They are good players and good men.

He doesnt help himself. A long ball, goal kick etc is played up to him and from behind the defender is all over him to head it clear whilst he stands there with his arms in the air expecting a foul to be given when it's clearly not going to be. The issue I have is not whether the defender is fouling him by jumping all over him, it's why the lazy bastard makes no attempt to jump for the ball himself and just expects the ball to have a divine right to be his and his alone. A lot of our players love a good moan at the ref, Dzeko does as much of it as the rest of the players put together and should just get on with it and realise part of the issue is down to him.

Roger Ringpiece said:
He doesnt help himself. A long ball, goal kick etc is played up to him and from behind the defender is all over him to head it clear whilst he stands there with his arms in the air expecting a foul to be given when it's clearly not going to be. The issue I have is not whether the defender is fouling him by jumping all over him, it's why the lazy bastard makes no attempt to jump for the ball himself and just expects the ball to have a divine right to be his and his alone. A lot of our players love a good moan at the ref, Dzeko does as much of it as the rest of the players put together and should just get on with it and realise part of the issue is down to him.

I wouldn't agree with this as I don't see him moaning more than any other player in the team...we have though all agreed that hee needs to start to bully defenders and put him self about a bit more...and being lazy...not sure about that statement...and when it comes to wanting a foul...some habits are hard to change, he'd get that foul in germany...attimes he seems to forget that he isn't protected by the ref as he was in germany...that's one more thing he needs to fix...

just go harder into his duels and he'll be fine...he has the strenght, he has the skill for it...

awest said:
Cross the ball into the box and there is a chance that Edin will score. Simple.

The problem is that we rely on our wing-halves for crosses and by the time they get the ball Edin is well marked-up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.