The Boxing thread

If the gypsy himself is happy for everyone to call him that, and he is happy to call himself that, why do you need to be involved? There's always someone taking offence on behalf of someone else. I think he is big enough to fight his own battles and people should really get a life.
I suspect you have not read my response properly so the matter is closed for me. You feel the language used is ok. I do not.

And yet when smaller boxers do it, it gets lauded as the sweet science.

Does it, can't remember saying that tbh but there you go, my opinion is he is a fat **** that shouldn't be boxing, for all you say that he dances about, he does so in piss take moments my memories seem to be more inclined to remember a sluggish plodder that seems unwilling to get into a battle, which I thought was the damned point of boxing in the first place, if I want to see two fat cunts wrestle I will go on youtube and look up ITV world of sport and Big Daddy, it can't be any less realistic than that farce on Saturday.

I have disliked him ever since he "got" the verdict v Mcdermott, which was nothing short of daylight robbery.

Does it, can't remember saying that tbh but there you go, my opinion is he is a fat **** that shouldn't be boxing, for all you say that he dances about, he does so in piss take moments my memories seem to be more inclined to remember a sluggish plodder that seems unwilling to get into a battle, which I thought was the damned point of boxing in the first place, if I want to see two fat cunts wrestle I will go on youtube and look up ITV world of sport and Big Daddy, it can't be any less realistic than that farce on Saturday.

I have disliked him ever since he "got" the verdict v Mcdermott, which was nothing short of daylight robbery.

I agree and think both AJ and Wilder knock him out.

Fury is a nasty piece of work. a mysogynistic homophobe, who is an embarrassment, especially with his lack of respect for all,especially other boxers.
he wins a title fight against a suspiciously underperforming Klitchko, sticks half the purse up his nose, whilst telling everyone stupid enough to listen what he is going to do with the boxing world.
After giving up the titles knowing he couldnt pass a drugs test, he then continues to berate ther BBBC and the Anti doping Council and continues his ridiculous stance that he had the titles taken from him.
he then fights a nobody. a bum. a cruiserweight 5 stones lighter.A boxer whose performance was so pitifulthat his purse is being partially withheld, and yet he tried to tell us that he rated him with Joshua and Wilder.
the mind boggles.
he turned down a fight offer from Tony Bellew. he claimed that a cruiserweight wouldnt be able to stand up to him. That Tony was a family man, and that fury would damage him.
How much of an effect is the white stuff having on him?
I cannot think of a single reason why Joshua should fight Fury any time soon, but a hell of a lot as to why Fury wants the fight.
At the moment Fury is at the back of a longish queue for the right to fight Joshua (or whoever beats him) and rightly so, and fights like Saturdays aren't going to get him rising through the ranks as quickly as he needs to.

Fury is a nasty piece of work. a mysogynistic homophobe, who is an embarrassment, especially with his lack of respect for all,especially other boxers.
he wins a title fight against a suspiciously underperforming Klitchko, sticks half the purse up his nose, whilst telling everyone stupid enough to listen what he is going to do with the boxing world.
After giving up the titles knowing he couldnt pass a drugs test, he then continues to berate ther BBBC and the Anti doping Council and continues his ridiculous stance that he had the titles taken from him.
he then fights a nobody. a bum. a cruiserweight 5 stones lighter.A boxer whose performance was so pitifulthat his purse is being partially withheld, and yet he tried to tell us that he rated him with Joshua and Wilder.
the mind boggles.
he turned down a fight offer from Tony Bellew. he claimed that a cruiserweight wouldnt be able to stand up to him. That Tony was a family man, and that fury would damage him.
How much of an effect is the white stuff having on him?
I cannot think of a single reason why Joshua should fight Fury any time soon, but a hell of a lot as to why Fury wants the fight.
At the moment Fury is at the back of a longish queue for the right to fight Joshua (or whoever beats him) and rightly so, and fights like Saturdays aren't going to get him rising through the ranks as quickly as he needs to.

I actually like Fury but I can't disagree with what you've written. I actually think Bellew would beat him if they fight in the next six months. Fury looked like an overgrown Lucas Brown to me on Saturday. I know he'll improve but he's got a long, long way to go.

I don't think it was anything to do with putting stuff up his nose, what actually happened was he failed a drug test for steroids(with some confusion as to when the sample was taken and whether it had any implications for the Wlad fight), blamed it on contaminated meat(offal), then tried to make out they were out to get him. Some time later he posted twitter pics of scenes from Scarface but IMO he just created a distraction of going off the rails a bit with recreational drugs, partying and putting on weight etc all to muddy the waters.

It's weird that everyone seems to have completely forgotten about the original story though:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/bo...Hughie-Fury-blame-failed-drug-test-offal.html

Last edited:
Don't suppose anyone knows where I can find the Santa Cruz vs Mares and Charlo vs Trout fights from the weekend? Annoying they weren't on UK TV but Boxnation went with Crawford.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.