The Boxing thread

Ritson looked good against Hyland Jnr. I like his power. Think if Hearn gets him a fight with Tommy Booth be a really good fight if Tommy fights on. If not try and get him in with Ricky Burns by the end of the year. Honestly feel the fights that he could go in with in the UK alone could make him a lot of money. Him v Burns , Crolla and then Luke Campbell too would be some going.

Also nice to see Paddy Barnes in his 6th fight the Frampton undercard he is boxing for a WBC world title. That bill needed a world title so its good news for Barnes. Also having Tyson Fury on the undercard too it should sell out for the local lads alone but having Fury there will add more to it.

Saw Eubank Jr in this yesterday on the M25, driving very sensibly, I might add.

I didn't think he had done enough in his career to be driving this sort of car - I guess I was wrong.

Beautiful car.

1-KO-number-plate.jpg

You can add in Tony Bellew and Dylian White? Both would easily beat the fraud that is Fury.
To be honest, the over rating of him in the British boxing media and on social media is just so weird and can only be based off his win over Wlad. Wlad was the heavy favourite, but has always had a really tentative side to him (unless he is really forced to fight) so in any fight where he isn't in immediate danger, if he finds an opponent awkward, he takes a bit of time to figure things out, but usually has a size and fitness advantage over the opponent so can do so without much trouble. Obviously that advantage isn't there when he fought Fury and as a result he just waited and waited...and waited.

As time has gone on, boxing and social media have totally changed the perception of that fight by adding more and more acclaim to the performance, to the point where the performance actually matches the achievement.

Aside from that, that performance is still so far above and beyond anything he has ever done in the ring that it bewilders me that fight fans don't question his performances over guys like Abell, Hammer act, particularly when making ridiculous claims that he will school Wilder and Joshua (even after a 3 year break).

Currently, any top 10 heavyweight probably beats him. Certainly, from Breazeale upwards. Even David Price knocks him out at this point in time.

If he gets anywhere near back to his best (whatever that is, given how inconsistent he was anyway), the chances of Wilder or Joshua being anywhere near as tentative as Wlad are slim to none.

A bit off topic but I have watched two of England’s World Cup games in pubs. Josh Warrington was at the bar for the Panama Game and Terry Flanagan was in the bar yesterday.

To be honest, the over rating of him in the British boxing media and on social media is just so weird and can only be based off his win over Wlad. Wlad was the heavy favourite, but has always had a really tentative side to him (unless he is really forced to fight) so in any fight where he isn't in immediate danger, if he finds an opponent awkward, he takes a bit of time to figure things out, but usually has a size and fitness advantage over the opponent so can do so without much trouble. Obviously that advantage isn't there when he fought Fury and as a result he just waited and waited...and waited.

As time has gone on, boxing and social media have totally changed the perception of that fight by adding more and more acclaim to the performance, to the point where the performance actually matches the achievement.

Aside from that, that performance is still so far above and beyond anything he has ever done in the ring that it bewilders me that fight fans don't question his performances over guys like Abell, Hammer act, particularly when making ridiculous claims that he will school Wilder and Joshua (even after a 3 year break).

Currently, any top 10 heavyweight probably beats him. Certainly, from Breazeale upwards. Even David Price knocks him out at this point in time.

If he gets anywhere near back to his best (whatever that is, given how inconsistent he was anyway), the chances of Wilder or Joshua being anywhere near as tentative as Wlad are slim to none.
Good analysis there Ono

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.