The Boxing thread

I think sometimes people blur the lines between Tyson Fury the person and Tyson Fury the boxer. Outside the ring hes a total wanker with some abhorrent opinions, but inside it hes absolutely ridiculous. Ive seen people in here call him a plodder, ffs hes 6foot9 and dances round the ring better than some middleweights who are you getting him mixed up with?

For the record I think the Fury who beat Klitschko boxes Joshuas head off, but Joshua has garnered a fanbase who are absolutely outraged everytime someone suggests their man isnt the best heavyweight the planets ever seen. I like both (as boxers) and think it would be a great fight because whilst Fury would outbox him, Joshua would always have that equalising power if Tyson gets lazy with his defence.

Spot on.

On Terry Flanagan well he be back stronger from his defeat at the weekend hopefully the cuts wont keep him out too long. Santa Cruz winning and Mares wanting another fight aint going to happen. Santa Cruz v Frampton 3 would be great to see. Again i think Santa Cruz dont want Frampton in Belfast.

David Haye retirement. All the best Champ. I know he gets a lot of stick on here. I dont get it he was a brilliant fighter with brilliant knock out power. Cruiserweight he will go down as the greatest British Cruiserweight of all time. A 2 weight world champion and with all that power his body broke down. Injuries to the shouder ruined him. After the first fight with Bellew he should

On Terry Flanagan well he be back stronger from his defeat at the weekend hopefully the cuts wont keep him out too long. Santa Cruz winning and Mares wanting another fight aint going to happen. Santa Cruz v Frampton 3 would be great to see. Again i think Santa Cruz dont want Frampton in Belfast.

David Haye retirement. All the best Champ. I know he gets a lot of stick on here. I dont get it he was a brilliant fighter with brilliant knock out power. Cruiserweight he will go down as the greatest British Cruiserweight of all time. A 2 weight world champion and with all that power his body broke down. Injuries to the shouder ruined him. After the first fight with Bellew he should

I see Santa Cruz called out Gary Russell after the fight, that would be a belting fight and I'd fancy GRJ to take it on points.

I see Santa Cruz called out Gary Russell after the fight, that would be a belting fight and I'd fancy GRJ to take it on points.

Thats Santa Cruz for you. Its mad he gave Frampton his word that he would fight him in Belfast. After Frampton boxed him twice. First fight Frampton dominated him big time and won it easy. Frampton maybe shouldnt of boxed him again straight away in Vegas were it was a close second point 2 judges gave it to Santa Cruz by 2 rounds while 1 called it a draw. Santa Cruz was we do it again in Belfast now he is avoiding Frampton big time and wont fight him.

The Gary Russell Jnr fight he is calling for i would be doubtful if he goes ahead with it. I dont see him beating GRJ also. I think GRJ if he is more active is the best in the division. I would say the only 1 that might troble GRJ would be Frampton very good fighting on the back foot is Carl. I just dont see what way the Featherweight division is going to go. Being honest i would love to see the featherweights in the Ali series. I know Frampton wants it but thats just Frampton got to love the guy never backs down from a fight and travels anywhere for a fight too.

I don't think it was anything to do with putting stuff up his nose, what actually happened was he failed a drug test for steroids(with some confusion as to when the sample was taken and whether it had any implications for the Wlad fight), blamed it on contaminated meat(offal), then tried to make out they were out to get him. Some time later he posted twitter pics of scenes from Scarface but IMO he just created a distraction of going off the rails a bit with recreational drugs, partying and putting on weight etc all to muddy the waters.

It's weird that everyone seems to have completely forgotten about the original story though:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/bo...Hughie-Fury-blame-failed-drug-test-offal.html
I never said that he failed because of coke. I said he was shoving it up his nose post fight. you even quoted me saying just that.
I also wouldn't read the Daily Mail if my fucking life depended on it.

I never said that he failed because of coke. I said he was shoving it up his nose post fight. you even quoted me saying just that.
I also wouldn't read the Daily Mail if my fucking life depended on it.
Actually to be precise I didn't quote that part, I quoted the sentence that came directly after it which was "giving up his titles knowing he couldn't pass a drugs test", if the coke up his nose wasn't what you were implying as the reason for it, then you should have been more clear because that's exactly what it looks like.

As for the Daily Mail comment... I don't think too much of them either but feel free to take your pick of sources for that, there's many of them.

Just to be clear is the whole point of you taking such an issue with my post that you're denying that he failed a test for traces of a steroid? Otherwise I don't quite get you as I wasn't defending Fury and you don't seem to like the guy either.

http://www.sportsintegrityinitiative.com/team-fury-takes-legal-action-against-ukad/
Soon after that story surfaced UKAD actually came out and confirmed that both boxers were charged on 24 June 2016 in response to Team Fury threatening legal action with their comments focusing on the delay and the reasons for it(seems like trying to throw it out on a technicality to me) and also whether the High Court or the National Anti-Doping Panel have jurisdiction over the matter. The NADP lifted the provisional suspension as the UK Anti Doping rules allow boxers to challenge their imposition until a hearing is done basically.

http://www.espn.co.uk/boxing/story/...ils-drug-test-positive-result-benzoylecgonine
So the timeline is: He(and Hughie) was charged by UKAD in June for tests from 2015 showing traces of anabolic steroid nandrolone, it was announced in July and on the very same day he pulled out of the Klitschko rematch citing a sprained ankle. In September he then failed another test for benzoylecgonine(coke) which was the start of his lengthy layoff.

https://www.thevisitor.co.uk/sport/...g-hearing-fails-to-start-as-planned-1-8903829
The hearing was expected in December last year but he failed to show up even though he was making statements to the effect of he wants to come back and fight in 2018. I've not found any confirmation that a hearing eventually took place so I don't think there was one. What seems to have happened is he took a self imposed lay off for 2 years after challenging the suspension knowing what it would do for his career/name, then not showing up for hearings and still managed to avoid any charges. How? Too many people wanted him back while the HW division is heating up and money talks I guess.

Just like the Canelo case it could actually be from contaminated meat but then it's up to the boxers and the team around them to know exactly what's in the stuff they are eating(these days it's easier than ever to do that). One thing that's apparent is the two situations were judged entirely differently by the boxing community even though the Fury sample contained traces of something far more serious.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.