The Boxing thread

Very very hard to score that fight. I had ggg up by a couple, but I wanted him to win so I'm probably biased. I reckon most people would have had the guy they wanted to win, winning by a round or 2.

What I watched and what I'm reading here are two totally different things. I only had Canelo winning 2 clearly and another three draws. The rest to GGG. It was a boxing masterclass and he was picking off Alvarez all night. Workrate isn't scored just on coming forward it's scored on punches thrown and landed. According to the stats GGG threw 250 punches more than Canelo and was getting through with the jab all night. Although Canelo's punches look like they carry more weight, GGG was never troubled. If a jab that connects cleanly is a scoring point then GGG won that fight by 4/5 rounds.

A great fight, incredibly close. Canelo has some chin to withstand that onslaught. I thought he was just in front but either way, it was a close, close fight.

Just re-watched rounds 2-6 as it seems that's where the GGG fans think the judges got it wrong. Initially I scored it 4-1-1 to GGG with the 6th being even. Changed my mind on the third round and gave it to Canelo. Definitely 2-2 after 4, then 5 and 6 were really close. Stuck with GGG in the 5th and even in the 6th so for me it was 3-2-1 after 6. Even though they're close, that's a big difference between 4-2 to Canelo and 3-2-1 GGG in such a tight contest.

Billy Joe now the unbeaten champion. Would Canelo really take the fight before GGG again next year? Or would Golovkin go all in to get the belt in the UK, and take it as bargaining into unification next May then retire.

One thing is sure. Golovkin missed his his chance to unravel Canelo and I think he didn't have the energy at his age. It'll get worse in a years time. Gutted as he's a great champ.

Billy Joe has to come through his fight but he's got a chance to upset the division. I suspect he'll dodge GGG or Canelo and take a Sept/Oct fight against the winner.

Great fight lets hope they go again. GGG did enough for me, but some close rnds that can go either way. Canelo dosnt waste many shots and proved he's got a chin. GGG is a credit to boxing in every way.

Golovkin promised he would not let the judges decide. As a GGG fan he disappointed, but he is 36. Timing of this fight might be took late.

Canelo round again.

I have to admit I'm not sure. I think i have it 6-6 or 7-5 GGG. That first round could swing it for Golovkin.

I really hope nobody dares say Alvarez ran or I'm going to flip. Balls of steal moved up a weight to take on the most feared man at the weight above him twice.
(Meat)balls of steel.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.